What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA QB Shane Dillon (Signed to COLORADO)

Great news! So does the staff stay after Miles at this point? Any chance we get both?

Great news! So does the staff stay after Miles at this point? Any chance we get both?

As good a player as I think Miles could turn into I'm not sure that he would have been the best fit here. If he were to still come to CU I would certainly welcome him and I am sure that the staff would give him a fair shot but I like Dillon's skill set better based on what I think Embree and Bienemy are going to run (which is on our part still speculation.)

I think this is going to be a very good fit for Dillon. Embree and Bienemy both know the detail of high level offensive football. He should have a solid running game to help him out and a scheme that will give him plenty of options to work with.

Great news. . .

Kid was possibility skinnier than me at 17.

Last edited:
Kid was possibility skinnier than me at 17.

He also has a rocket arm when necessary.

[video=youtube;jOPRHHPHqfg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOPRHHPHqfg[/video]

Based on photo evidence, he's far beefier than Creatini, however.

Resume thread...

Well. Regardless the picture is correct but not showing up. Try again.
x2_6051c12

If an admin can delete the previous video that would be appreciated.

:dance4::dance4:
:dance5::dance5:
:rock2::rock2:

I'm also pumped that we've put so much effort into getting a QB commit to be one of the first of the class. This way, we've got someone the rest of the recruits can kind of rally around. I think this helps us in recruiting skill positions as well as linemen. Excellent work CU! Welcome Shane!!!

Make some calls to some kids you want to play with, and kick ass this year!

We've been waitin and debatin, for oh so long... Welcome aboard young fella; this is just the beginning.

According to ralphiereport.com

The sell job to Dillon must have been if you early enroll next January, you will have a great chance to be the starting quarterback for the 2012 season.

Not sure if I like that. I think Nick Hirshman is going to suprise alot of people when he takes over.

I will be interested to see if there anything to enrolling early (had not heard that was a possibility), but Dillon really needs a redshirt season IMO. He needs to bulk up and put on some weight.

I will be interested to see if there anything to enrolling early (had not heard that was a possibility), but Dillon really needs a redshirt season IMO. He needs to bulk up and put on some weight.
And stop growing! 5'7" his freshman year, Rivals lists him at 6'5" and Whitfield says he is now 6'6". Given the rapid growth, maybe there is room for improvement in athleticism and coordination.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Absolutely huge recruiting win for CU. He was the QB I'd been hoping for once I ruled out Kiel. And the coaches may have actually been higher on Dillon. Monumental get for the Buffs.

P.S. At the risk of having even more of you want me to spend less time on the boards, my streak continues. Every time we get a commitment, it's while I'm offline doing something less important (i.e., work meetings or family time). I'm starting to get superstitious about this. :lol:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Absolutely huge recruiting win for CU. He was the QB I'd been hoping for once I ruled out Kiel. And the coaches may have actually been higher on Dillon. Monumental get for the Buffs.

P.S. At the risk of having even more of you want me to spend less time on the boards, my streak continues. Every time we get a commitment, it's while I'm offline doing something less important (i.e., work meetings or family time). I'm starting to get superstitious about this. :lol:

I think you're right, go away.

This is fantastic! I also believe that we're through with QB's for this recruiting year. With Hirschman, Stevie Dorman, Schrok, and Burnette on the roster next year - We have the depth needed to replace a starter should someone go down with an injury. I don't think that taking 2 qb's this cycle would be that beneficial. Seems like it would be a waste of a spot. That being said, next year's qb competition could be interesting. Hopefully we can get Hirschman some PT this fall during games when they're out of reach, but in all honesty, we will be looking at a very green QB in the fall of 2012.

No one from an El Cajon high school shows up in the Rivals database for 2012-2014.

I should add that while Christian H.S. and El Cajon aren't necessarily putting out a ton of BCS talent, the greater San Diego area certainly is.

I'm about to get on a plane, but it would be cool if someone would post some of the guys from there who CU is in on. There are some great OLs and the #1 TE on our board, for starters. Dillon is well-known and well-liked among the SD players. He's done the camps and networked.

I should add that while Christian H.S. and El Cajon aren't necessarily putting out a ton of BCS talent, the greater San Diego area certainly is.

I'm about to get on a plane, but it would be cool if someone would post some of the guys from there who CU is in on. There are some great OLs and the #1 TE on our board, for starters. Dillon is well-known and well-liked among the SD players. He's done the camps and networked.

Give me a couple minutes and I will make it happen.

Back