What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA QB Shane Dillon (Signed to COLORADO)

128764665094893890.jpg

Has good footwork.
[video=youtube;LWdt1flF5gg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWdt1flF5gg[/video]

So at least he has that going for him.

first, this guy does have awesome footwork. really really glad to have him! but like anything that looks sort of funny with high-speed, i think the video below makes it muuuuch more entertaining.

so I'll just leave this here. and yeah, it really lines up nicely once he starts doing the football drills after his basketball drunks.

[video]http://bennyhillifier.com/?id=LWdt1flF5gg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

first, this guy does have awesome footwork. really really glad to have him! but like anything that looks sort of funny with high-speed, i think the video below makes it muuuuch more entertaining.

so I'll just leave this here. and yeah, it really lines up nicely once he starts doing the football drills after his basketball drunks.

[video]http://bennyhillifier.com/?id=LWdt1flF5gg&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Just joking around bro. I'm pumped up we got a kid like him in the program. :thumbsup:
[video=youtube;8x-nQ-vPw5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x-nQ-vPw5k[/video]

Read on AZ's that Dillon was ranked as the #4 QB in the nation on the CU board this cycle. Coaches are ecstatic that we landed him.

ugh every bump scares me hahaha

I know what you are saying but I think Dillon is solid and we are going to be glad to have him. Very exciting prospect. The last QB prospect I was this excited about was Kordell.

Also the bumps don't neccessarily mean bad news, just this week a bump told us that Henington had reaffirmed that he is solid, and he is the one I had the most concern about. When we get a bump on Norgard it is usually another positive thing he is doing to support his value to CU before he even gets to Boulder. This week he was in the paper talking about going with his dad to Buffs4Life functions and how he feels like he has always been a part of the program.

I think the presence of Dillon at functions like this one will only help CU in giving us more exposure to top kids.

I get worried when I see this thread get bumped, too.

Oh, wait.... damn, sorry.

New vid of Dillon
[video=youtube;hUUD0bxrnUs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUUD0bxrnUs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Sweet. Looks like he floats some passes. Who's #82?

As a Buff fan, there is a lot to love about this video. On one hand, you can see the talent he already exudes. Nice arm, has some ability to move within the pocket and he can work outside the hashes through the middle of the field on short, medium and long throws. He does leave some air on longer passes but I also think that allows for a more catchable ball by his WR's and also to allow them to make plays on the ball. It's taught to drop the ball in the bucket when throwing down field. As Bill Walsh would say, he throws a nice, soft, catchable ball. I think he has a solid understanding of the defenses in these video (good at film study/awareness) and he was knows how to transition from his 1st to 2nd options and did so very well in my opinion. As a QB throwing deep, he looked off the safety and single em' up, took advantage of them deep. He did that very effectively in this video. He found the single coverage and exploited the defense for big gains.

On the flip side, you see that this guy has TREMENDOUS upside. He has the frame to add some major weight and I only think he's going to grow into his body, fill out, and get more fluid than he already is. With our coaching staff, they are going to get rid of some of the hitches in his drop, and throwing off his back foot and other mechanical issues.

I think Dillon is young and still learning the nuances of the game and once he grows completely into his body, this guy has the talent to do some special things on the football field. I think CU got a steal here and it's going to be fun to watch him turn the fortunes of the program. I think he probably sits for a redshirt year and starts competing for a starting spot his R/S Freshman/Sophomore season with Hirschman. When he's been put through the weight room a little while and gets coached up this guy is going to be gold. Everybody should be watching this guy's HS senior year to see how much he progresses from last season. It should be very exciting.

Huge pick up by Embree & co. Arguably the most important recruit we've had in town, IN YEARS. GO BUFFS!

Last edited:
#82 is Jason Gaines a class of 2012 6'4 WR. None of the recruting sites have a profile page for him so he probably isin't considered a D-1 talent, at least yet.

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice that the godfather had already posted that info.

Last edited:
You would think that with the number of schools that had to be looking at Shane that if he had D1 potential that somebody would be on him, he hasn't exactly been hidden.

On the other hand he does have good size, gets open, and catches the ball. You would have to think that he has at least lower division potential, maybe if he explodes a bit as a senior he might develop into a D1 scholly player. On the other hand, I don't know what the tutuion is but unless he is already getting some financial assistance I doubt that the school he is going to is cheap. Maybe he will think about being a PWO.

By the way I also liked what I saw on the tape from the other WR #9. Not huge speed but runs good routes and catches the ball as well.

D2 appearance in the TCU E11 camp. Typical D2 move, he picks the kid with no offers as the MVP. :bang: The kid must have some moxie.

Last edited:
Funny that they mention Dillon as offers from Ohio State, and then a coach says he loves Morin, which it shows as having the offer form COlorado. But didn't show Dillon with the CO offer.

Funny that they mention Dillon as offers from Ohio State, and then a coach says he loves Morin, which it shows as having the offer form COlorado. But didn't show Dillon with the CO offer.

That ESPN clip is from April.

Back