What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA RB Davien Payne (Signed to Colorado)

The glitz and glamour of Boise, Idaho reminds me of the comedian who used to describe Detroit as "Cleveland, without all the glitter."
Studies, Reported in the New England Journal of Medicine, show that playing more than four times a year on blue turf may cause sterility in males.

Why would he do that? Seriously, I know Boulder Buff may think it's ludicrous to consider CU>BSU, but I think it's true.

Boise State is not a real University. It's not in a real conference. Boise is a minor-league metro area compared to Boulder, not even considering Denver 35 minutes away. They won't be on TV unless they make a BCS bowl game. They have no tradition of putting RB's into the league that I can gather. Their coaching staff is being pilfered starting with Texas taking their OC.

They don't really run a power running game, pro-style offense, but rather a cute offense. I get why a QB or WR would go there, but not so much a power RB.

I'm not sure Embree will turn around the program (I think he will). But I AM sure that EB will have some of the toughest, best coached RB's in the country. Throw in the facts that the education, the chicks, and the environment don't compare and I am puzzled why a RB recruit would consider Boise State a better place to go than CU at this point.

In certain situations I think BSU > CU, but not in most. We should be able to win some recruiting battles against them for players we want. I completely agree that we should be more attractive to RBs versus QBs and WRs. My earlier comments on CU and BSU were only meant to convey I can see the reasoning for a recruit making that decision, not that I think every recruiting battle between us and them is bound to be a losing proposition.

Personally, I am not sure what to believe with Payne's recruitment. At this rate, it will be December and we will still be waiting for a visit from him. I would like him to be a part of this class, but I am not going to be broken up about it if decides he would rather go to Boise.

A couple things: (1) Did nobody else catch Embree's interview on Rivals where he stated that we have 11 commits? (2) It's obviously pure coincidence that Buffy rhymes with Boise.

This is a virtual copy of your previous post on this. Thanks for the "information"!fify, but come one, glitz and glamor, really? :rofl:
Yes.. Really. They're one of Nike's babies.. They get all the new Pro Combat gear and what not. They're always on tv, always ranked, and always a hot topic. People here seem to talk a lot of Boise St. That's what kids like.And I think kids like winning in average conferences than losing in good ones.

Well.. You'd have to consider Denver is 30 minutes away if you're going with that argument, because Boise is a bigger city than Boulder.
Why would he do that? Seriously, I know Boulder Buff may think it's ludicrous to consider CU>BSU, but I think it's true. Boise State is not a real University. It's not in a real conference. Boise is a minor-league metro area compared to Boulder, not even considering Denver 35 minutes away. They won't be on TV unless they make a BCS bowl game. They have no tradition of putting RB's into the league that I can gather. Their coaching staff is being pilfered starting with Texas taking their OC. They don't really run a power running game, pro-style offense, but rather a cute offense. I get why a QB or WR would go there, but not so much a power RB. I'm not sure Embree will turn around the program (I think he will). But I AM sure that EB will have some of the toughest, best coached RB's in the country. Throw in the facts that the education, the chicks, and the environment don't compare and I am puzzled why a RB recruit would consider Boise State a better place to go than CU at this point.

Yes.. Really. They're one of Nike's babies.. They get all the new Pro Combat gear and what not. They're always on tv, always ranked, and always a hot topic. People here seem to talk a lot of Boise St. That's what kids like.And I think kids like winning in average conferences than losing in good ones.
The WAC is far from an average conference.

I'm still pissed that my grandma moved from San Francisco to Boise. But they sold their house for a little over 1 million and bought a bigger house in Boise for 80k. She wonders why I don't visit as much now. :lol:

I'm still pissed that my grandma moved from San Francisco to Boise. But they sold their house for a little over 1 million and bought a bigger house in Boise for 80k. She wonders why I don't visit as much now. :lol:

You must not like glitz and glamour.

Okay, I guess they do have Glitz:

View attachment 7048

As for glamor, I guess the recruits disagree with you: "But Mangum said the “glamour side” of programs will not have that big of an impact on his final decision." He's a BYU commit, but the point's there.

Boise gets funnier with your every post.

Last edited:
Boise is a freaking great town. #2 on my places to retire behind Colorado (anywhere, except east of Colorado Springs.) BUT - Boise STATE sucks, would much rather send my kids to U of Idaho if we lived there.

Disclaimer: My children are BUFFS and will always be BUFFS.

I have been to Boise several times. The town is okay; the university is non-descript. Surrounding area better than average.
Very lukewarm response - nothing bad to say ... but never impressed with anything I saw there.

I actually meant no disrespect to Boise, I'm sure it's a fine town and I respect the BSU coaching staff. The hyperbole was/is/will be a bit much, that's all.

Back