What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA RB Davien Payne (Signed to Colorado)

Well.. You'd have to consider Denver is 30 minutes away if you're going with that argument, because Boise is a bigger city than Boulder.

Well I own a business in Boise and spend a good bit of time there. It may have a larger suburban population than Boulder as it sprawls, whereby Boulder runs into other adjacent towns, all of which could be considered the Boulder metro area... but whatever.

More to my point, in terms of the city itself (speaking of downtown, restaurants, clubs, things to do, all within a walking area around the University....) - not even close. Boise is a nice little town but the from a student perspective, Boise is closer to Flagstaff or Bozeman than it is to Boulder. Fact. Spent a lot of time in all the above. And all of the above crush Salt Lake City.

why are we showing this guy committed again? If the staff hasn't accepted a commitment, he's not... right?

Poor smurfs don't get to wear all blue for conference home games anymore. Welcome to the conference, now get rid of your tradition. Imagine if Larry Scott had said that Ralphie wasn't allowed to run out onto the field anymore.

Poor smurfs don't get to wear all blue for conference home games anymore. Welcome to the conference, now get rid of your tradition. Imagine if Larry Scott had said that Ralphie wasn't allowed to run out onto the field anymore.

I've always thought it was kind of BS. Can you imagine being an opposing QB. You drop back to pass and the DB's just dissappear into the field. The NCAA should have done something about this long before any conference had to get involved.

I've always thought it was kind of BS. Can you imagine being an opposing QB. You drop back to pass and the DB's just dissappear into the field. The NCAA should have done something about this long before any conference had to get involved.

But doesen't this work both ways? Presumably the Boise QB would have a tougher time finding his WR when he goes back to pass. And how is this any different then a team that wears green on a grass field?

But doesen't this work both ways? Presumably the Boise QB would have a tougher time finding his WR when he goes back to pass. And how is this any different then a team that wears green on a grass field?

I'd say the offense has a real advantage. The QB knows where the WR is going and is supposed to be, and often throws to a spot on the field instead of to a person. QB doesn't have to see the WR right away.

I'm guessing the tweet went something like this: "Davien Payne commits to Colorado and will only change his commitment for Boise St."

Just saw Payne eating lunch at the C4C with EB and a couple players, looked like Lockridge was his "host". Hopefully the visit goes well.

A little more info on Payne. UCLA is not totally out of the picture just yet: http://blogs.pe.com/inlandsoutherncalifornia/2011/07/football-payne-still-consideri.html

By the way, my name's Will Holden and I'm a Littleton native (and life-long Buffs fan). I cover the Pac-12 as well as high school sports for the Riverside Press-Enterprise in Inland Southern California. With the move to the Pac-12, I'd expect CU to kick up their recruiting effort even more in our neck of the woods -- making our website (http://hsgametime.pe.com) a good source for information on SoCal recruits in the future.

Last edited:
A little more info on Payne. UCLA is not totally out of the picture just yet: http://blogs.pe.com/inlandsoutherncalifornia/2011/07/football-payne-still-consideri.html

By the way, my name's Will Holden and I'm a Littleton native (and life-long Buffs fan). I cover the Pac-12 as well as high school sports for the Riverside Press-Enterprise in Inland Southern California. With the move to the Pac-12, I'd expect CU to kick up their recruiting effort even more in our neck of the woods -- making our website (http://hsgametime.pe.com) a good source for information on SoCal recruits in the future.

Cool. Glad you found our site. Maybe there's some stuff we can do to cooperate that would help both of us.

???

Ricky's making a play. Payne is scheduled to visit UCLA on Monday after he has visited CU.

My gut tells me that we are better off getting another guy - this guy already wants to bolt for BSU.

My gut tells me that he loved CU and told the coaches he's totally on board.

But if he actually visits UCLA tomorrow, he may flip. If he doesn't visit tomorrow, they will keep working on him.

So I hope he visits UCLA and the commits to the Buffs. 100% on board, no more visits. If that's not the case, I'd much rather he not "commit".

Back