What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA RB Davien Payne (Signed to Colorado)

I think I said it once before but here it is again

WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!!!

imagine some dancing bannanas

Welcome.

5-11. I was just getting into the short as **** running back recruits.

alright, alright, alright...

images

so what do we do with other RB's that have offers from us? How does that process work? Keep it open in case some 4 star stud wants to play here or one of these guys de-commits? I don't see us taking any more RB's this cycle.

so what do we do with other RB's that have offers from us? How does that process work? Keep it open in case some 4 star stud wants to play here or one of these guys de-commits? I don't see us taking any more RB's this cycle.

If Wes Brown decides to commit they find room for him. I don't know how many others we have any kind of legit shot at that are markedly better than the commits we already have.

Yeah, apparently with Payne and Crowder, we're going broke for Wes Brown or nothing. At least that is what AZ has said.

I think it's a mistake. We should be trying to add a speedster to the backfield this cycle. After this year, we lose Speedy and Lockridge and we're going to only have Tony Jones, Josh Ford, DD Goodson, and Malcolm Creer? Add in Payne and Crowder and I'm just not impressed with the speed of that backfield. Obviously Wes Brown would change things, but it's hard to believe we're going to land him.

I'd like to see us continue recruiting Chris Brown, Robert Lewis (who we apparently like in a Percy Harvin role, not really as a RB), and maybe Donta Abron. Abron is about what we should be looking for imo, but doesn't quite have the blazing straight line speed that we would prefer. Kimbrow and the other Tennessee back (forget his name) are what we should be scouring the countryside for.

I think we are pretty full at the quick scatback types (TJ and DD). Both freshmen.

I like the 2 big backs we have to go with those two. Ford is still tbd if he will be a contributor (I think he will).

Creer sort of is in between. He hasn't yet shown much. DD has.

Getting Brown would be icing.

Having elite speed in the backfield isn't necessary as long as you have guys who can get yards. Doesn't matter how they get them as long as they get them. Tony Jones looks like he's going to be very good and I'm convinced that Malcolm Creer is the most underrated guy in his class, both on our roster and overall. I expect him to be very good. I think we're in good shape at RB, especially considering who's going to be coaching/developing them. Could we improve? Sure, who can't? But I'm happy.

I am going to disagree a little bit that elite speed is not necessary. Big play ability out of the RB position takes a lot of pressure off the rest of the offense. It also helps out red zone efficiency if you are scoring from outside the 20 every so often. Not that every RB we recruit needs to run in the 4.4 range, but it would be nice to have a couple guys that can be a change of pace.

Would take Brown, he too me looks a good prospect, alot of bobby purify in him.

Wes Brown
Chris Brown
Davien Payne
Crowder(grey shirt)

would be a heck of a recruiting class at RB.

22 car 194 yds & 2 tds last night.:thumbsup:

and 2 fumbles, 1 lost.

I was at the game and don't read too much into those stats. The team they played didn't put up much of a fight. 42-7 at half then Citrius Hill called off the dogs.

I would have thought a RB with that list of offers would have made me say "wow" at some point but I didn't see it. I think though that says more about the the opposition than Payne. Thick kid. Built like a whiskey barrel. Kind of bow legged and lean calves. Picture a 215 lb George Hypolite.

They run a bit of a modified spread but all of his yards were essentially on dive and trap blocking. Looks to be a between the tackle runner, but they didn't run a single pitch or toss so I have no idea about his ability to get around the corner and go upfield. Doesn't return kicks or punts so that kind of supports that he doesn't have a lot of side-to-side move in his game. Was in the endzone and most of his long runs were away from me so I have no idea about his speed. Once he was through the hole my view was obstructed. Good stiff arm.

There are a couple of kids on that team that definately passed the eye test. Didn't get a progra"m so no idea what year they were. One reciever and a DE that had to be 6'-5", 225# and athletic.

I think he's one of the more talented players in our class. Hope we can hold on to him.

Back