What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA TE Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick (Signed to USC)

If people are willing to pay that for a few days notice, I guess that makes them real fans and me just a casual fan...
we get it, you hate subscription boards. doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan. lots of stuff from AZ's board doesn't make it here.

we get it, you hate subscription boards. doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan. lots of stuff from AZ's board doesn't make it here.

I don't hate subscription boards, I like 'em fine when they have some free content - I just don't subscribe. I guess I'm missing out on some interesting interviews and maybe some analysis or whatever, but there is so much to do anyway w/o enough hours in a day, I can skip that stuff. If I had to choose between there and here, I choose here (and I do support this site).

I don't hate subscription boards, I like 'em fine when they have some free content - I just don't subscribe. I guess I'm missing out on some interesting interviews and maybe some analysis or whatever, but there is so much to do anyway w/o enough hours in a day, I can skip that stuff. If I had to choose between there and here, I choose here (and I do support this site).
to each their own. i would take allbuffs over buffscoop any day fwiw.

Oregon does use their TEs. They are pretty integral in their offense. Almost 1+ TE catches a TD almost every game it seems. They use them as a change of pace WR. Lots on the PA running the seam (as we saw) or a deep crossing (last year with Maehl). Doesn't always translate to the NFL but they can usually catch passes. Unfortunately, since UO is up right now, doesn't bode well for us.

Oregon does use their TEs. They are pretty integral in their offense. Almost 1+ TE catches a TD almost every game it seems. They use them as a change of pace WR. Lots on the PA running the seam (as we saw) or a deep crossing (last year with Maehl). Doesn't always translate to the NFL but they can usually catch passes. Unfortunately, since UO is up right now, doesn't bode well for us.
They do have one committed already though so that bodes well for us.

Don't bring facts into my bitter statements

He also was just named an UA All-American. A couple articles on him:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...-cope-fitzpatrick-excited-chance-play-ua-game

"Tight end fits my personality," Cope-Fitzpatrick said. "It's not a position that gets a lot of fanfare, it's more of a glue position. You need a clutch catch on third down, you use the tight end. You need a big block to get the running back outside, it's on the tight end. I love blocking, I like having the power to take a guy from point A and moving them to point B on the field or wherever I want them to go.

"Catching passes is great too but blocking is a crucial part of the game and I take pride in it. I want to be a complete tight end, not just a pass catcher and I think that's part of the reason I got invited to the Under Armour game, I can do everything a tight end needs to do."

http://blogs.sacbee.com/preps/archives/2011/10/cope-fitzpatric.html

He is Whitney's top receiver this season with 21 catches for 300 yards and two touchdowns. He has 19 tackles, a sack, two pass defenses and a blocked punt.

unicorn.jpg

Wow. That update is about as positive as it gets for an update on a prospect committed to another school.

Back