What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA TE Taylor McNamara (Verbal to Oklahoma)

I think CU may be out of the picture...sorry if true Buffs

I believe that it's important for his family to be able to drive to games. That was why Arizona was able to get the early verbal. He also wants early playing time, a TE friendly offense, and is very good friends with Shane Dillon.

Our shot was 2 games/year in AZ or LA, Dillon, system, and PT.

Cal wins the location battle on this one and you can offer PT, but if you guys made a pitch that included a plan to feature the TE in your offense then your coaches completely blew smoke up his ass.

I believe that it's important for his family to be able to drive to games. That was why Arizona was able to get the early verbal. He also wants early playing time, a TE friendly offense, and is very good friends with Shane Dillon.

Our shot was 2 games/year in AZ or LA, Dillon, system, and PT.

Cal wins the location battle on this one and you can offer PT, but if you guys made a pitch that included a plan to feature the TE in your offense then your coaches completely blew smoke up his ass.

You know I respect you Nik. And as you know, this isn't over either. We are in dire need of TE's so we can run the sets we have always been capable of running. Think we get two quality TE's in this class. Cal's on a roll right now with recruiting. His choices are narrowing down right now is all and I think and it's an OU vs. Cal battle. Cal will win IMO...just a guess-no insider knowledge. We never sell what we can't deliver. This is a time-honored Cal tradition. Up front, honest and in the player and parent's faces with the truth. We recruit the family and the man. We recruit Cal as a school and program. No smoke and mirrors...we leave that to Texas and the SEC. My guess is it's down to two or three and the others are too far away...

You know I respect you Nik. And as you know, this isn't over either. We are in dire need of TE's so we can run the sets we have always been capable of running. Think we get two quality TE's in this class. Cal's on a roll right now with recruiting. His choices are narrowing down right now is all and I think and it's an OU vs. Cal battle. Cal will win IMO...just a guess-no insider knowledge. We never sell what we can't deliver. This is a time-honored Cal tradition. Up front, honest and in the player and parent's faces with the truth. We recruit the family and the man. We recruit Cal as a school and program. No smoke and mirrors...we leave that to Texas and the SEC. My guess is it's down to two or three and the others are too far away...

My post probably came out wrong. I wasn't suggesting that Cal is one of the programs that makes empty promises to guys. But Tedford's offense has usually been one that employs some pro set with a FB and TE, but usually for short yardage situations. TEs have been more like a 6th OL than a big WR. If Tedford is going to start using a move TE in a bit of an H-back role (what McNamara is suited for), then that would be a fairly significant departure.

I don't think Oklahoma is going to happen. Then again, Oklahoma will do anything to land a guy it wants and they're probably the #1 all-time college program, so I would never count them out.

I know where you are coming from Nik. IMO Cal is changing the offense/defense to mirror Stanford, Oregon and SC where necessary to compete in the PAC. We have the best recruiting ability and facilities right now. We have to change and merge it with what we are best at to win. Put a Cal spin on it and we're golden so to speak. This is the excitement generated by T-Mac and Kourt from our FREE BOARD. 4,000 plus hits from a bunch of hippies over TE's in a two page thread:

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52250

This is a new Cal and a new team. we believe again!

Last edited:
Looks like Sherrard is getting on Taylor as well, might be one of our best recruiters.

Looks like Sherrard is getting on Taylor as well, might be one of our best recruiters.

Go get him Sherrard!

BTW, is it possible for a Student Athlete to win the "Nations Best Recruiter" if he is a part of bringing in all these guys?

Go get him Sherrard!

BTW, is it possible for a Student Athlete to win the "Nations Best Recruiter" if he is a part of bringing in all these guys?
If that is the case, the Mayor should win it in basketball.

You've gotta love that attitude. Do what it takes to make the team better. The Mayor has done great, Sherrard seems to be working it pretty hard too. Keep it up guys!

Props to Harrington. The guy clearly wants to be on a winning team. I am just getting this feeling that we are going to be bowling in the next 2 years. I am just getting excited for next season already.

thumbnail.aspx

After he signs the LOI with us, I'm calling him "Tank!"

Last edited:
This isn't over wait until embree gets in his living room, he'll be a buff or a sooner jmo
I know I'm an old fart and don't relate to whipper snappers anymore. But, if I were in the position to choose between the Pac and the Big Tex, well, duh.

Back