What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA TE Taylor McNamara (Verbal to Oklahoma)

:nod:

And most of us are boosters in the NCAA definition.

See, the thing that made me think about recruits and twitter is when the official CU hoops account started following Xavier Johnson, I think, after he committed us. I don´t want to derail this thread, I´ve thought about this myself before as I think it´s interesting and don´t want to risk anything here, but it´s an interesting topic. Has anyone ever talked to compliance about this?

See, the thing that made me think about recruits and twitter is when the official CU hoops account started following Xavier Johnson, I think, after he committed us. I don´t want to derail this thread, I´ve thought about this myself before as I think it´s interesting and don´t want to risk anything here, but it´s an interesting topic. Has anyone ever talked to compliance about this?

Some reporter that I follow on twitter retweeted something from the Texas A&M Compliance office that suggests it is not permissible. I went back and found it:

Brad Barnes @TAMUCompliance 4 Dec

If you are a fan/booster tweeting @ or DMing a recruit but aren't related to & have no pre-existing relationship w/ the recruit, please stop

Brad Barnes @TAMUCompliance

Pure ReTweet = permissible. ReTweet with recruiting message at prospect = not permissible.

Brad Barnes @TAMUCompliance
Fan/booster ReTweeting of prospects' tweets if not accompanied by fan message to the prospect = permissible.

Jens - Maybe it would be better to just tweet something like "Buff fans should follow @taylormcnamara1 since he's nearing a decision".

@mjherbs
Mike Herbeck

@taylormcnamara1 he's a beast! You picked some great TE schools. OU: Gresham Cal: Tony Gonzales ND: Kyle Rudolph, Tyler Eifert

Somebody should definitely respond to this with a shout out to Dan "The Man" Graham.

Somebody should definitely respond to this with a shout out to Dan "The Man" Graham.
Graham, Fauria, Embree, Klopfenstein, Sypniewski, DeVree, Lepsis... all earned NFL paychecks, and that's just going back to Embree

Whoever told McNamara to be a buff, and also listed on their own description "CU booster", that was probably a bad idea.

Coach could show Taylor a clear blueprint that leads directly to the show. Not that others may not have that capability, but Coach Embree has been there and done that. A talented player like Taylor would greatly benefit from Jon's experience.

Along with a great University of Colorado education, we have a lot to offer.

Last edited:
I hope no one is stupid enough to tweet a recruit trying to get him/her to one's particular school PLUS labeling one's self as a booster. How dumb is that?

I hope no one is stupid enough to tweet a recruit trying to get him/her to one's particular school PLUS labeling one's self as a booster. How dumb is that?

We stormed the field we beat suck ass Arizona. I think we have enough dumb asses out there to do something like this.

Last edited:
Lol have you guys ever looked at Yuri Wrights twitter? Literally gets about 40-50 tweets a day of people telling him to come to UM this is definitely not being enforced yet.

Is this where we have to hope it was a Utah booster posing as a BYU fan pretending to be a CSU fan pretending to be a Colorado booster?

fify. Creatini, for possibly the first time in your young, immature life, try not to be a ___tard.

I love that well spoken man top gear is one of the search engine results for this page. I remember that episode of top gear.

Back