What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO PF Wesley Gordon (Signed to Colorado)

I caught most of Wesley's game last night and came away mostly impressed. He protected the paint very well against a Bloomfield team that didn't have anyone nearly on his level physically. His effort seemed to be lacking at times but its 4A basketball and he's a division 1 athlete. However, both his shot blocking and rebounding abilities were very impressive. His offensive game is still raw as many poster have pointed out, but he had a few explosive dunks where he recognized a mis match and capitalized. I agree that he will be a serviceable bench player his freshman year and will only get better from there.

Gordon was the #26 center in the nation and "just missed the cut" on Scout's Top 100 list. He's one of ten guys listed, so while he's not #101 (which apparently went to Kenny Kaminski), he's somewhere between #102 and #110.

Gordon was the #26 center in the nation and "just missed the cut" on Scout's Top 100 list. He's one of ten guys listed, so while he's not #101 (which apparently went to Kenny Kaminski), he's somewhere between #102 and #110.

Not that I'm putting pressure on him to have the same kind of CU career, but to give people a frame of reference... that's about where Alec Burks was. Actually, Burks was probably closer to 150 than 100.

wow. Talk about a guy that came on late.

Scout has actually always been high on Wes. I think they had him as a 4* from the beginning. I think Gershon is a big fan.

No idea what the hell ESPN is thinking however.

Scout has actually always been high on Wes. I think they had him as a 4* from the beginning. I think Gershon is a big fan.

No idea what the hell ESPN is thinking however.
Still, a near top 100 player? Jebus.

According to Ringo, he's a full qualifier. huzzah!

From his chat today: "On a positive note, I have confirmed that men's hoops recruit Wesley Gordon recently became an NCAA qualifier "

i didnt realize we were worried

Hey, we are Buff fans. We were born that way.
insane_eyes_baby.jpg

Even as we all reach 35 it is a normal part of our condition.

nervous.jpg

Gordon’s explanation of his eagerness went up a notch . . . or three.
“I’m hungry,” he said. “I feel like a beast that hasn’t eaten yet . . . like a giant that’s been locked away in a cage and is finally getting some air.”

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=208322361

"The Beast" is going to be a fun quote, I think :lol:

The 6-8 Gordon has put on nearly 15 pounds (he reported at 225) and says with a chuckle, “I’m a well-oiled machine now.”

Also, in case anyone was wondering where he would play...

dd their size to a CU roster that already features 6-10 Josh Scott, 6-6 Xavier Johnson, 6-6 Spencer Dinwiddie, the 6-7 Jenkins, 6-8 Gordon and 7-footer Mills, and the Buffs “can be really big at times,” said Rohn. “Wes will be a ‘five’ a lot, a ‘four’ when we go really big . . . he’ll play a lot more at the ‘five’ but he can play both and guard both.”

Last edited:
I'll be yelling "Beast Mode" whenever he scores, blocks a shot or snags a rebound.

Love the "Beast" nickname.*

*As long Snow gets zero credit for it.

I'll be yelling "Beast Mode" whenever he scores, blocks a shot or snags a rebound.

Love the "Beast" nickname.*

*As long Snow gets zero credit for it.
:smile2:

Also, I loved hearing about his passing. We really needed more of that from our starters last year. Simba was our best passer in the post, and I think Ski got 90% of his paint points off his dishes. Ski definitely will love playing with this guy.

Back