What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ CB Yuri Wright (Signed to Colorado)

Mich already has 4 DBs committed to them. ranked 12, 18, 39 and one isnt ranked by rivlas at that position.
I mean lets be honest, im sure yuri isnt scared of the competition, but those 4 commits at his pos gotta turn him off right?

Michigan is running out of room, that's why the lemon eater qualified his statement. FWIW, The thoughts on the Michigan boards is that if he doesn't verbal to them in the next couple of weeks, they will move on to other players.

That would be allsome.

^^^ Doesn't look like there's any info since no one posted for 2 weeks before your post. Unless they are all PMing each other with secret information and not letting us see it!

^^^ Doesn't look like there's any info since no one posted for 2 weeks before your post. Unless they are all PMing each other with secret information and not letting us see it!

**** we've been discovered!

You sure told him. Nah it's funny because you are a dick who "tells it like it is"

I didn't want to call him stupid because I really like the term "dickhat". Not as good as "dickfoot" but still pretty solid.

Yuri is not announcing at the game according to his most recent video on rivals. He says he will be announcing in late january after all of his official visits. Here is the link [video]http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/close-race-to-win-wright-1101410[/video]

Bill Tierney, who was Don Bosco's DB coach through Yuri's junior year, has been one of the coaches at the Army AA practices. That could be huge for CU. Tierney is one of Yuri's mentors (got him to play football when Yuri had been a basketball player) and he was also the guy at Don Bosco who had the close relationship with Greg Brown. I'm not sure if people remember, but it was Tierney who called Brown and got us in on Tony Jones a couple years ago.

Hopefully Tierney has been in Yuri's ear this week on what a great opportunity it would be to learn under Brown for 3-5 years.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1314281

Bill Tierney, who was Don Bosco's DB coach through Yuri's junior year, has been one of the coaches at the Army AA practices. That could be huge for CU. Tierney is one of Yuri's mentors (got him to play football when Yuri had been a basketball player) and he was also the guy at Don Bosco who had the close relationship with Greg Brown. I'm not sure if people remember, but it was Tierney who called Brown and got us in on Tony Jones a couple years ago.

Hopefully Tierney has been in Yuri's ear this week on what a great opportunity it would be to learn under Brown for 3-5 years.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1314281

Great scoop Buffnik!

Yuri is tremendously hard to get a read on but I hope he decides to be a Buff. He would be a cornerstone recruit and play from day one. He would also thrive under Brown's coaching. I would love to see us have another #1 draft choice CB, Brown would be the guy to get Yuri there.

If we ended up with Yuri and Crawley we would have corners to lock people down. Could slide Henderson to safety for his last two years and have a defensive backfield that would just lock people up and give QBs nightmares.

Yuri is tremendously hard to get a read on but I hope he decides to be a Buff. He would be a cornerstone recruit and play from day one. He would also thrive under Brown's coaching. I would love to see us have another #1 draft choice CB, Brown would be the guy to get Yuri there.

If we ended up with Yuri and Crawley we would have corners to lock people down. Could slide Henderson to safety for his last two years and have a defensive backfield that would just lock people up and give QBs nightmares.

That, combined with the awesome dline recruits would set the stage for a very nice defense

Slide Henderson to safety??????

Only on the idea that if we have Yuri and Crawley you want to have your best athletes and players on the field. Henderson was only a fr. this year so he has three more years. He showed a willingness to tackle and pu his nose in that most corners don't have. Listed at 5'11" 185lbs. He could add 10-15lbs and give you a safety who could cover the multiple WR sets that you see in the PAC and help out against the run as well.

The only way I would take him out of the CB position is if we had two top flight corners but if (dream with me for a moment here) we get Yuri and Crawley we could have those guys.

Back