What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ CB Yuri Wright (Signed to Colorado)

Before people go off the deep end, let's keep in mind that he's been here before and has 2 friends on the team. He knows very well that it's usually a blast here. He wrote that he can't wait to get back, not that he can't wait to get home. There are two way to interpret "back" in that context. Maybe he can't wait to get back for when he knows it will be more fun.

The only thing I know for sure with Yuri's recruitment is to not let him put me on his rollercoaster. I just keep an eye on it and hope that in the end he decides that CU will be the best situation for him.

Before people go off the deep end, let's keep in mind that he's been here before and has 2 friends on the team. He knows very well that it's usually a blast here. He wrote that he can't wait to get back, not that he can't wait to get home. There are two way to interpret "back" in that context. Maybe he can't wait to get back for when he knows it will be more fun.

The only thing I know for sure with Yuri's recruitment is to not let him put me on his rollercoaster. I just keep an eye on it and hope that in the end he decides that CU will be the best situation for him.
oh-noes.gif

I have no idea what to think of his fb status or tweets. It's too bad if he didn't enjoy his most recent trip, especially since he seemed to love the first trip. I also don't understand why some posters here are so fickle. One minute it's "we love you Yuri, please be a Buff!!" and then as soon as it appears he might not commit "oh, we don't need him anyway". Really? We don't need him? Let me remind you, there is no more Espinoza Island. We need all the help we can get, especially if it's from a 4*/5* stud like Yuri Wright.

I have no idea what to think of his fb status or tweets. It's too bad if he didn't enjoy his most recent trip, especially since he seemed to love the first trip. I also don't understand why some posters here are so fickle. One minute it's "we love you Yuri, please be a Buff!!" and then as soon as it appears he might not commit "oh, we don't need him anyway". Really? We don't need him? Let me remind you, there is no more Espinoza Island. We need all the help we can get, especially if it's from a 4*/5* stud like Yuri Wright.
:stupid:

I guessed it was slang for alright. Just checked with Google and came up with this:
slang - used in place of "Alright" most commonly used in the New York area

Great....well, if it was only "alright", that really blows.
I agree BUT, I could be totally off base but I have a feeling there are a few recruits, including Yuri, that are kind of having fun playing with fans from all the teams. I have no proof of this but reading between the lines of comments Sherrard has made on Twitter, etc. as well as some of our recruits incl Rippy, I just have a gut feeling that there are a few that are playing with us because they know we hang on every tweet, quote, fart, etc. :lol: they emit. We'll see how things play out.

Iight- wow, that wasn't a typo!!! Man, i'm WAY disconnected with kids these days....

Well...you are ****ing connected with the top HS team in N Texas.....so go find out how Peyton is doing....

I think he will be a good enough player that we will have wanted him here if he doesn't come. That said if we lose him is isn't like losing a stud QB or RB or DT. Corners are very important but we still look to be in on a number of guys who could and should be very good players. Outside of a very few the difference in impact on a game between one good corner and another isn't as great as it is at other positions...

:rolling_eyes:

Is he visiting mich this weekend? They have finals December 15-16, 19-22, 2011

He will have a worse time there during finals then he did here.

I remember people freaking out about a picture of Darrell Scott throwing up a Hook 'em sign with some other Texas commits at the Army All-American game.

Inside info on Yuri's trip. http://colorado.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=422&tid=167591431&mid=167591431&sid=894&style=2

It's very positive regarding Yuri and CU. It also give a much-deserved bitchslap to the CU fans who acted like a "jilted lover" and talked **** about Yuri because his tweets got your panties in a bunch or him taking his time with the decision is something you're having difficulty handling.

He's a top talent. We'd be very fortunate if he signs for CU. There are a lot of good reasons for him to sign here and he just might. Get excited about him. But please do not be so quick to turn on him. Like with Walker Williams, let's be better than that. These kids are making very difficult decisions and they're still kids. Respect that.

Inside info on Yuri's trip. http://colorado.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=422&tid=167591431&mid=167591431&sid=894&style=2

It's very positive regarding Yuri and CU. It also give a much-deserved bitchslap to the CU fans who acted like a "jilted lover" and talked **** about Yuri because his tweets got your panties in a bunch or him taking his time with the decision is something you're having difficulty handling.

He's a top talent. We'd be very fortunate if he signs for CU. There are a lot of good reasons for him to sign here and he just might. Get excited about him. But please do not be so quick to turn on him. Like with Walker Williams, let's be better than that. These kids are making very difficult decisions and they're still kids. Respect that.
Thanks Nik. We're totally still in it with Yuri, and it's very possible that his tweets were just to mess with people.

Be a Buff Yuri! At Michigan, you'd just be another guy... Here, you'd be THE GUY.

Especially with the kind of offers this guy has, he has alot to think about. Id be disappointed if he didnt think this through and made a spur decision. Really good opportunity for him here and other places.

I wish fans would lay off of recruits and their twitter/facebook accounts. Leave the recruiting to the coaches and stop pestering players and there have been lots of examples recently of recruits eliminating a school because of so called fans. Hell there was an Oregon recruit in the 2011 class that had UW fans who posed as Duck fans and sent him lots of nasty things on twitter. Twitter is a nice source of info, but you are right buffnik people need to back off recruits. They are making the toughest decision of their life and they are only 17-18 years old. They are just children compared to most people who follow recruiting (well I am only 21 so an exception lol).

That thread is allsome and hillarious after all the laughs Meatchicken fans got in over his FB status.

Have to agree with Nik here. Let's give Yuri a break. We know we'd all love to have him, so no point pretending otherwise. No matter how much he likes CU, it's a big decision to move that far away from home. That said, I'm convinced he's messing with people. Hard for me to believe he didn't enjoy the visit, especially since he seems to be pretty close to T Jones and T Smith.

Thanks for posting this Buffnik, because this thread of late honestly psst me off. At the beginning of the season, everyone is dogging Brown as a coach and recruiter, which while warranted to a degree, also went overboard by a few in my opinion. But whatever...coaches deserve scrutiny. Then, select posters are in love with our DB recruiting, and Yuri was the cornerstone. Then, Yuri tweets that he was bored, and people get down on him?!?! Please...some fans talk about the fickle-nature of recruits...well at least they're 18 year olds deciding on a huge fork in the road, whereas most of us are at least in our 20s...and we as a whole can be more fickle.

Yuri Wright is a great CB, and those that think we don't need him are delusional in my opinion. The team as a whole needs a good unfusion of talent, and this kid is extremely talented.

As for his tweet though - I'm surprised more people didn't come down on the staff as opposed to coming down on the kid. I was annoyed to read that Yuri was bored. I can understand if he didn't have a good time, or wasn't impressed - CU isn't for everyone. However - BORED?! I feel that boredom easily can be avoided by proper planning by the staff and host player(s). Best of luck to Yuri, wherever he goes.

Back