What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ CB Yuri Wright (Signed to Colorado)

I say **** what the media thinks or says. If we worry about what they will think or say, then they are controlling us and our program.

While I also feel that way about the media, a head coach does have to consider how the media portrays the image of the program.

The job of a head coach is tough, and this is just one more part of the job that doesn't have to do with x & o.

While I also feel that way about the media, a head coach does have to consider how the media portrays the image of the program.

The job of a head coach is tough, and this is just one more part of the job that doesn't have to do with x & o.

There was a recent article that ripped Nick Saban for oversigning and telling an earlier verbal that he no longer had an offer for him. I'm sure that is not hurting Saban and Bama's image though. Then again, they're Bama.

Even as fans we cannot say **** the media. If the Buffs were are top 10 program, maybe, but the reality is that we need the image that this is a solid program on the rise and Embree knows that. He and his staff have followed Yuri for a while and know what they are getting into. I don't think he's going to bring somebody on board who he wasn't sure about.

I trust the staff on this one.

Remember that player we had a few Years ago that wrote something horrible about killing his teacher. Whatever happened to him?

This whole thing is a big mess. Yuri did not say anything that most 17 year old boys say. The only reason it is getting attention is because he said it on a social media site, and the school he is in abused their authority and expelled him for it.

Yuri will grow from it (hopefully under embo's guidance) and be much better for it. He has the talent to be an immediate impact where ever he goes and I wish him the best. Although i hope it is for the black and gold.

Even as fans we cannot say **** the media. If the Buffs were are top 10 program, maybe, but the reality is that we need the image that this is a solid program on the rise and Embree knows that. He and his staff have followed Yuri for a while and know what they are getting into. I don't think he's going to bring somebody on board who he wasn't sure about.

I trust the staff on this one.
I really don't think it matters, the media will always find something wrong about CU.

Im scratching my head as to why this is still even an issue? Anyway until I see Embree say thanks but no thanks to Yuri, Im assuming he isnt too worried about this. I havent heard that CU dropped him being the case so I hope he ends up in Boulder.

Im scratching my head as to why this is still even an issue? Anyway until I see Embree say thanks but no thanks to Yuri, Im assuming he isnt too worried about this. I havent heard that CU dropped him being the case so I hope he ends up in Boulder.
Embree is not going to say no either so if the Denver media wants to bad mouth CU more than they do for a 16-17 year old ****ing up, then so be it.

I really want the kid to be a buff but as usual, if he does sign with CU, get ready for the huge backlash from the denver media.

The Denver media is still too busy felating Tim Tebow to concern itself with this. Henderson might write a column that nobody will read, but otherwise, it would be a complete non-issue for them.

Repeating something from another board:

Have you forgotten that they forced Mac off the homecoming float and completely destroyed Gary B's career? no memories of CU as a sexist, insensitive, don't send your kid here, kind of place? Sign this kid and liberal Boulder will be out in full force, with the media sensationalizing all of it. Not at all what the program or Embree needs. and no word anywhere that he apologized at all

P.S. I'm not sure I've ever heard anything much more stupid than creteni's comment that words don't matter. **** you, you ignorant wop bitch. lol

Have you forgotten that they forced Mac off the homecoming float and completely destroyed Gary B's career? no memories of CU as a sexist, insensitive, don't send your kid here, kind of place? Sign this kid and liberal Boulder will be out in full force, with the media sensationalizing all of it. Not at all what the program or Embree needs. and no word anywhere that he apologized at all

P.S. I'm not sure I've ever heard anything much more stupid than creteni's comment that words don't matter. **** you, you ignorant wop bitch. lol
Would you rather have kids who have a twinkle in their eye and bring their lunch box to work everyday?

I agree with you. However, the Yuri incident has been made bigger by the media, and news in the media feeds on itself.

I trust that Embree does what he thinks us best. As far as the Denver media goes, I say **** 'em, but as a head coach, Embree needs to consider the media reaction and the potential impact on the program.

I agree with you and trust that Jon will do the right thing for the program. I also agree that he has to consider their impact, but acting soley on what they think is following, not leading. Heck we'd be in the Mountain West if we followed their advice!

Again, I really don't care what the media says about us. If we do things so they wont write bad stuff, then they win. We have signed kids recently who have done much worse than Yuri has. Yuri is a good kid and I hope we continue to pursue him and sign him. I also don't give a rats ass what the media says about it, they can lick my taint!

Signing him comes with risks. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes? You know, things like AD discussions with the staff, the staff's discussions with the kid, the kid's reflection on what Twitter has wrought on his life? I wonder if Yuri realizes the magnitude of this. Does he yet realize that he will be wearing the scarlet letter "I" for idiot for a long time? Does he get that in order to erase this mark on his character he will have to prove, not by words but by actions, that he is not "that guy?" Does he understand that repairing his reputation will take years?

Signing him comes with risks. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes? You know, things like AD discussions with the staff, the staff's discussions with the kid, the kid's reflection on what Twitter has wrought on his life? I wonder if Yuri realizes the magnitude of this. Does he yet realize that he will be wearing the scarlet letter "I" for idiot for a long time? Does he get that in order to erase this mark on his character he will have to prove, not by words but by actions, that he is not "that guy?" Does he understand that repairing his reputation will take years?

signing anybody is a risk

The word at the burrito stand is that the CU Administration has cleared it to keep recruiting him.

The word at the burrito stand is that the CU Administration has cleared it to keep recruiting him.

Cool that the admin might be supporting JE in letting him do his job.

I wonder if the administration was changed overnight without any of us finding out. :)

this whole damm thing pisses me off. cu should absolutly get this kid into school. this is what institutions of higher education are for. this is what football is supposed to be for. this is why mothers send their kids off to play for people like JE. its so that they can come out better people than when they came in.

this is why you pay a coach big money. this is why you have advisors. this is why you have seniors. give the kid a chance. if he blows it then, that is on him but dont determine his future off of some stupid tweets. ****, before technology, you think JE, EB never said anything objectionable? look how they turned out. its a learning process for kids. let them make mistakes. but then teach them. make them better. instead of killing a kids potential, teach him how to reach it.

that is a story that the media can choke on. kids are not disposable because they say something bad. they are way more important than that! when you have the chance to positivly impact their life and make them better despite their mistakes you absolutly take that chance. if they cant follow that lead, then that is on them and you let them go. but you g-ded give them that chance to grow up and become a better person.

I don't agree with that at all. I don't see very many red flags with this kid.
So, your risk assessment is that the risks are minimal. But I think you are kind of missing the point. We agree that Yuri will get with the program with Jon's mentorship. Those risks are internal and controllable. What we don't know is how the local and national media will portray us.

I said "risks," plural. Some kids have more than others. Wouldn't you agree? Most kid's risks are not as "identified" as this kid's are.

Do you really see anything here that is more risky than with other kids? He has never been in trouble at all. While he has had trouble deciding where he wants to go this getting kind of a deva rep, he seems to be a pretty decent kid caught up in a lot of overblown BS. I feel for the kid and would love nothing more than to see him have a great college career.

So, your risk assessment is that the risks are minimal. But I think you are kind of missing the point. We agree that Yuri will get with the program with Jon's mentorship. Those risks are internal and controllable. What we don't know is how the local and national media will portray us.

At this point, **** the media. Did they roast us over P Ritch? This will all be forgotten 2 or 3 days after signing day.

I would wonder what percentage of college kids said, wrote or did something stupid in HS that had it been publicized would have been at the least embarrasing. I know most of us could list multiple events in HS that would have been worse than what Yuri is accused of or did.

This doesn't make it right or mean that if he comes here that Embree should just pretend like it never happened but at the same time lets be just a little realistic. If Yuri were not a national level recruit who has turned down some high profile programs very few people other than his parents and maybe some school officials would ever know it happened, or cared.

Back