What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 AZ SG Jaron Hopkins (Signed to Colorado)

I'm a HUGE fan of having lots of PG's -- especially on a team like the one we're building.

Hopkins is probably target 1B for me right behind Isaac Hamilton for 2013.

FWIW, I'm hearing that Isaac's interest in CO has dwindled. Though, I believe he is still taking a trip to Boulder so that could easily change.

Pretty good man. I think you could definitely take Goose's friend's daughter in an editing contest.

Interesting prospect for sure. Reminds me of dinwiddie some, but with more hops and less shot.

He's more dynamic than Spencer IMO. His athleticism creates passing lanes that Spencer just can't see. I think Spencer is a much better passer than we've gotten to see though.

Jaron is the type of guy would be insane with Scott and Dinwiddie. A big guy down on the block to interact in the paint with, and lights out shooter to relieve pressure.

FWIW, I'm hearing that Isaac's interest in CO has dwindled. Though, I believe he is still taking a trip to Boulder so that could easily change.

Hamilton's kind of my white whale for '13. I'd LOVE to land a big time guy, and he's our best bet. I'm not real optimistic, but I can dream can't I? Until it's over, I don't count Boyle out.

He's more dynamic than Spencer IMO. His athleticism creates passing lanes that Spencer just can't see. I think Spencer is a much better passer than we've gotten to see though.

Jaron is the type of guy would be insane with Scott and Dinwiddie. A big guy down on the block to interact in the paint with, and lights out shooter to relieve pressure.

Watching the video, and seeing some reports on him, he sounds like the perfect type of player for CU. Is versatile and can play numerous positions. Has length. Potential to be a lock-down defender. Likes to run. Sign me up.

And if he wants to bring Torren Jones with him, works for me. :thumbsup:

Torren looks like a better built but less versatile Roberson. Probably can't guard four positions like Dre, but is a rebounding machine.

Torren looks like a better built but less versatile Roberson. Probably can't guard four positions like Dre, but is a rebounding machine.

He actually does guard 4-5 positions. In his high school games, when opponents set screens, he switches out to the guards and shuts them down, and we all know what he does down low defensively. BUT that is just high school ball.

I've played with Ski at a local gym in Arizona, and let me tell you this.....Jaron will be way better than him! Not to take anything away from Ski (Great kid) but Jaron's size, skill, and physicality is just overwhelming for a PG.

I've played with Ski at a local gym in Arizona, and let me tell you this.....Jaron will be way better than him! Not to take anything away from Ski (Great kid) but Jaron's size, skill, and physicality is just overwhelming for a PG.
I think most of us here agree with this. We're gonna need to see them play side by side for a couple of years before we can truly make that call though!

Recruiting update from Scout: http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1174727.html

Quote from his dad in the article (he didn't talk up any of the other schools as much):

Colorado: "I like Colorado. It’s one of the nicer schools we’ve gone to visit. Everything is really modern there. Coach (Tad) Boyle is a really good coach and we really like him. He’s a straight shooter and it’s definitely a school right there at the top of the list."

So, we're at or near the top of the list for Hopkins and Allen, Hamilton made a point to visit when he was out, Bird's top 3 turns into a top 4 with the Buffs in the mix, and we know Tad was in Seattle recently, likely scouting LaVine. I really want to know the scholarship situation because this could be a great year! The program has come so far, so quick, it's hard to believe.

Is PG really a need? I think we should go SG or another big

Hopkins would work well with Spencer and Ski. He could play the point with Ski, but has the size to guard 2's and would be a nice scoring option playing the 2 next to the Mayor.

I guess I just don't understand everyone's obsession with the scholarship situation....Tad and crew have it all figured out so why worry?

I guess I just don't understand everyone's obsession with the scholarship situation....Tad and crew have it all figured out so why worry?

It'll be interesting to see how aggressive they are. I think we'll probably have at least two- one from Dre going pro and possibly a grad transfer from Sharpe. But neither would happen until at least April, so would the staff sign anyone in November, without a guarantee that those scholarships will come open? I have a lot of faith in Tad too, but it's a fair question to ask.

Now has a fourth star from both Scout and ESPN. Interesting note as well -- Scout now has him as a SF and ESPN as a SG, so I have changed his position from PG to SG for the time being.

I really like this kid.

Kansas sniffing around. Also, Stanford will offer provided his test scores are decent. Considering the kid has a 4.2 GPA, I think it's safe to assume Stanford will be added to the offers list at some point.

It's a good thing we got in early on Hopkins. I get the feeling the Buffs were the early favorite, so other schools have some ground to make up. Hopefully that's still the case with the 'Zona offer though.

Back