What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 AZ SG Jaron Hopkins (Signed to Colorado)

I'm excited, cause he's invited, but there is a lot to be excited about right now. But ya, don't worry, I'm keeping tabs on this. Tad is about to have the 2 best recruiting weekends in CU bball history!

I've felt for a while that if Hopkins commits, the 2013 class is a win no matter what else Boyle does. Glad he seems to be impressed with Colorado!

Agreed. I'm super high on this kid.

Plus, worst case scenario, we bank a scholarship or two for 2014 where we have what could be a monster class coming.

Plus, worst case scenario, we bank a scholarship or two for 2014 where we have what could be a monster class coming.

Exactly. With the way things currently stand, this team doesn't need a massive talent infusion next year. Get a prospect like Hopkins early, then be selective with the rest of the class.

Exactly. With the way things currently stand, this team doesn't need a massive talent infusion next year. Get a prospect like Hopkins early, then be selective with the rest of the class.

I know we played the schollie-count game every other week last year so, for old-time's sake, the only open slot we have guaranteed for next year is Chen's, correct?

That means if Jaron commits early, we're counting on a transfer or Dre going pro to open up any other spots for Bird and company, right?

I know we played the schollie-count game every other week last year so, for old-time's sake, the only open slot we have guaranteed for next year is Chen's, correct?

Correct.

That means if Jaron commits early, we're counting on a transfer or Dre going pro to open up any other spots for Bird and company, right?

Also correct.

I'm operating on the assumption that we have 2-3 scholarships to use this year, and 2-3 next year.

Correct.

Also correct.

I'm operating on the assumption that we have 2-3 scholarships to use this year, and 2-3 next year.

I'm just hoping that going on a Final Four run doesn't cause too many guys to leave early. :wink2:

I keep checking in from our family vacation to see if he's committed yet; the suspense is killing me! We need to start our class with Hopkins. That would make for such a dynamic, versatile backcourt next year.

Dunno if that's Boyle's style, really. Hasn't been the last couple classes when he's added Adams and Stalzer, respectively, both fairly late.

Course we don't know how many scholarships we have for 2013. Could be as few as one, or 2 or more if attrition plays a role

Getting a top recruit this class, probably makes it easier to sell our roster to top 2014 recruits too. Scott, Gordon, Hopkins, Johnson, Dimwiddie, Askia is quite a core to be selling... not to mention the rest of the depth we have on the roster

Re: '13 AZ SG Jaron Hopkins

He was with Tad, walked by our tailgate a few minutes ago to cheers and rumour is silent commit. Lol, I have no reputable sources......

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346524274521.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346524274521.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 24

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346525410332.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346525410332.jpg