What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 AZ SG Jaron Hopkins (Signed to Colorado)

I would give my left nut to have him commit.

rubber-band-918.jpg

scissors.png

Great news. Very impressive for Boyle and co to close the deal after his official. Our team in 2013 should be crazy good!

I have nothing to base this on, but I don't think he makes it to WSU.

In true AB style, yes, I'm quoting myself here!

HUGE get for Tad, and it's going to be tough waiting another year to get him on campus. I wonder if we go back and make a run at Jones if he has a strong senior season now?

:stupid:

I LOVE Hopkins. Kid's a stud. He actually reminds me a bit of The Mayor. I don't think he has Spencer's PG skills, but he's servicable at the point. He's a pretty good shooter (obviously). and his defense is top notch. If we land Hopkins, this class is considered a success.

I agree with about 90% of this, but don't really see the comparison to Dinwiddie. And honestly, that's a good thing, as I think the two of them could compliment one another really well. Spencer's more cerebral, IMO, and is a more efficient shooter and floor general. Hopkins is a more explosive athlete who will attack the rim every chance he gets, where he looks like a quality finisher and can also create open looks for his teammates. I think he'll be more of a 2 in college, where his ballhandling is gravy. Assuming Spencer sticks around for 4 years, it's going to be really tough for teams to press the Buffs with two 6'5" kids with PG skills in the backcourt. Hopkins also gives us another big guard who can rebound and instantly transition to the break.

In true AB style, yes, I'm quoting myself here!

HUGE get for Tad, and it's going to be tough waiting another year to get him on campus. I wonder if we go back and make a run at Jones if he has a strong senior season now?

I should remember but when is signing day.

I'm not going to feel comfortable until we have his autograph on documents that count.

Fall signing day is Nov. 14. Spring signing period starts April 17.
--http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/nli/nli

I should remember but when is signing day.

I'm not going to feel comfortable until we have his autograph on documents that count.

Off the top of my head I think the early period is the 2nd week of November. I think hopkins is solid though, he's been a Buff lean for awhile now.

What we just did to U of A.

2aDJ0.gif

Well, not quite. They offered, but he seemed to be a secondary target and I don't think he had a commitable offer. That doesn't make this any less important though. Hopkins is a damn good player and very well could've played his way into an offer if he had waited.

Re: '13 AZ SG Jaron Hopkins (Verbal to Colorado)

Wow so excited about getting Hopkins. I think he is going to be a great buff.

Head = swimming. Grin = ear to ear. Drawers = stained.

SO FRICKIN' HAPPY!!!

I love this commit! I'm looking forward to Buffs basketball even more now.

Welcome Jaron!

It's possible but I think he's a three year college player. As good as he is, he's not the type of elite run/jump athlete NBA teams typically covet.

I agree, I think he will at least be a 3 year player. Now we just need Boyle to convince Andre to stay. Then our starting 5 plus backups will look something legit like this

PG: 1)Dinwiddie 2)Stalzer SG: 1)Askia 2)Jaron SF: 1)Xavier 2)Jenkins/Adams PF: 1)Roberson 2)Gordon C) 1)Scott 2)Harris-Tunks

U OF A fan just wanting to stop by and congratulate you guys on picking up Hopkins. I feel like this kid is going to turn into a really good player and wish Miller would have pursued him a little harder. I wouldn't say you guys beat us out considering we are going after higher rated prospects but getting Hopkins is a steal. I'll be on your board in the future. Love talking hoops and you guys are definitely a rising program. I'm certainly looking forward to the CU/ZONA battles in the future. Good job Boyle! Guy is doing work.

U OF A fan just wanting to stop by and congratulate you guys on picking up Hopkins. I feel like this kid is going to turn into a really good player and wish Miller would have pursued him a little harder. I wouldn't say you guys beat us out considering we are going after higher rated prospects but getting Hopkins is a steal. I'll be on your board in the future. Love talking hoops and you guys are definitely a rising program. I'm certainly looking forward to the CU/ZONA battles in the future. Good job Boyle! Guy is doing work.

Welcome.

Which Zona board do you usually go to? Be good to get something going.

'13 AZ SG Jaron Hopkins (Verbal to Colorado)

Great pick up. Zona, don't mind Flounder. He is 15 and doesn't know any better.

This guy is explosive. Can't wait to watch him. Great job by Tad, Spence, Ski, and the rest of the team and coaches to get this commitment.

Back