What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO ATH Phillip Lindsay (Signed to Colorado)

Love PL he is a monster as a tailback and a great team leader. But his top end speed is his weekness, he has to be tricky in the open field because he won't out pace a defensive back.

Do we need to have a Phillip Lindsay Heisman Watch thread?

Sleeper Heisman contender
Buffaloes running back Phillip Lindsay may not be on many Heisman Trophy contenders lists, but he's on track to land on those lists. Lindsay ranks second in rushing yards after first defensive contact (290), second in yards after contact per rush (3.6) and 12th in yards per carry (6.1) among backs with 50 or more carries. He also became the first Colorado running back since 2001 to post a 100-yard receiving game with his 105 yards against USC.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...surprised-colorado-buffaloes-win-pac-12-south

Some guys run a fast 40 that doesn't translate to the field. PL may not have top end speed. But he plays fast from 0 to 40 yards. I think we need to verify that 40 time. He probably runs a fast 40.

I was skeptical of this team, they deserve to be where they are. They can achieve even more, PL is the centerpiece of it AFAIC. I was wrong.

Some teams are special because they have great leaders. Phil, KO, AddG, Sefo, Kelly. Sky is the limit men. WTTF. Burn them trees!

Fight CU!

Last edited:
Some guys run a fast 40 that doesn't translate to the field. PL may not have top end speed. But he plays fast from 0 to 40 yards. I think we need to verify that 40 time. He probably runs a fast 40.
You want to know a 10yd split? Those metrics are before your time. Did you take your Metamucil Tom?

Not_bad...png

Kind of prophet that it is his TD dance?

If this thread teaches us anything, it’s that we don’t know squat when it comes to talent evaluation.

I don't think anybody on the board or otherwise thought Phil was going to be the kind of player he is. That is, except Phil himself.:D

Have to love the Percy Harvin comparisons. Lol
That one probably takes the cake. I asked if we were gonna take another back. In other words, I really didn't have any expectations from Phil. Sometimes it's good to be wrong :D. It's like Nik responded to me in another thread, don't recall which one. It was along the lines of, you can try to replace the production he gave but you can't replace what he gave you as a teammate and leader. He is dead on with that.

Last edited:
This kid wants to be a Buff. He's a top end in-state kid. I think he will be productive whether he is better on offense or defense. Sounds to me like he is this years Norgard and will likely be our first commit.

I'll take him any day and year!

One thing to consider is that Phillip is playing both ways for an average 5A school. He will excel once he picks a position and stays there.

He plays smart and I think he'll be very valuable to CU no matter where he plays.

He shows the ability to be a good RB or S.

As a RB: he runs hard, shows good vision, good 1st cut and decent speed and elusiveness. He'll probably play at closer to 200 to 210 which is a good size.

As a Safety: good decision making, diagnosing the play, closing speed and good tackling ability.

I submit this as Exhibit A and my proof as a supreme talent evaluator. I'll be watching my message box for coaching offers.

PS. There is no need to look up my evaluations of Terrence Crowder or Davien Payne.

I submit this as Exhibit A and my proof as a supreme talent evaluator. I'll be watching my message box for coaching offers.

PS. There is no need to look up my evaluations of Terrence Crowder or Davien Payne.

It would look better if you didn't have the Norgard reference in there. :giggle:

I was definitely wrong on him.

But this is best comment in the thread IMO. He would have been an odd fit in a true pro-style offense.

I won't lie, if memory serves, and I think they're even a different class, but I was much higher on Payne, Crowder, and even Abron than Lindsay. Shows what I know. But yeah, 5'8 at best guys probably aren't the key for the pro style offense Embree was planning. Or was this class by the time we decided to be Okie State? Someone call AZ to get to the bottom of it

Back