What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO ATH Phillip Lindsay (Signed to Colorado)

Sorry to read this. My thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery are with you Phillip.

You hang in there, work hard and come back stronger. These types of injuries can be depressing, so keep your family, friends and teammates close. Enjoy your senior year, while looking forward to the time of your life in Boulder.

You will be back stronger than ever, ready to compete for starting job next August. One of my favorite players of the 2013 class, good speed and elusive.

So sorry to hear about this but sometimes the extra year off to work on your strength physically and get your nose in the playbook and watch the game from the sidelines really helps you grow. It also makes you appreciate the game. Go Buffs and looking forward to having you Phillip.

So sorry to hear about this but sometimes the extra year off to work on your strength physically and get your nose in the playbook and watch the game from the sidelines really helps you grow. It also makes you appreciate the game. Go Buffs and looking forward to having you Phillip.

As a two time ACL tearing offender, I'll tell you that you're hopefulness is great but unfounded. It will be 6-7 months before he can be back to close to 100%, which will does nothing but hurt strength. And I doubt he'll be reading CU's playbook as a senior in High School. That being said, I can't wait to see this kid as a Buff (likely as a RS Frosh).

Used to be that an ACL was a career ender for most and resulted in a noticeable loss of speed and quickness even for those who came back.

Now with the advances they have made in surgery and rehab it is common for players to come back without a notable loss of ability and some seem to even come back stronger.

At Phillip's young age and being in excellent shape we should be able to look forward to him coming back strong.

As a two time ACL tearing offender, I'll tell you that you're hopefulness is great but unfounded. It will be 6-7 months before he can be back to close to 100%, which will does nothing but hurt strength. And I doubt he'll be reading CU's playbook as a senior in High School. That being said, I can't wait to see this kid as a Buff (likely as a RS Frosh).

My assumption was that he would be missing the season next year due to the injury and would end up as a RS or GS.

Used to be that an ACL was a career ender for most and resulted in a noticeable loss of speed and quickness even for those who came back.

Now with the advances they have made in surgery and rehab it is common for players to come back without a notable loss of ability and some seem to even come back stronger.

At Phillip's young age and being in excellent shape we should be able to look forward to him coming back strong.

Says Jered Bell, Jon Major, Doug Rippy, Anthony Perkins etc

Don't know if he would be interested but if he did a GS that would still leave him a RS following. Wouldn't have to use it but it would give more options.

I would do the GS if it was me. It gives you the option to play another year in case something happens in the future. I bet P.Rich is sure glad he was able to use a RS this year. Not to mention it almost guarantees you alot of playing time since you will have so much experience in the system. Assuming we don't switch systems in the middle of his career.

I thought a GS really limits your participation with the team?

GS means you enroll for January classes missing the entire fall semester. This also means that you cannot participate in any team activities such as practices, meetings, etc. You also are limited to 6 semester hours of college level classes at any school.

On the other hand coming off the injury his participation would be limited by the injury anyways. He could spend the time instead working on his rehabilitation. He would then enter in spring and be able to participate fully in spring football and all of the team conditioning and informal team activities giving him a huge step up coming into the following fall.

Thats a great story, and true that the good stuff never gets to the front page.

It makes me wonder if there are any possibilities of cu guys training, working out, or even practicing alongside nfl guys. It'd be great for the buffs and broncos to collaborate in the offseason, but I'm sure there are either rules or the nfl guys just wouldn't waste their time...

He confirmed his commitment to the Post today

That new coach, Mike MacIntyre, called Lindsay late Tuesday night. Lindsay said he was the first CU recruit to hear from MacIntyre."It was a relief to hear from him," Lindsay said Thursday. "You know, your coach gets fired and you're just sitting there — you don't know what's going to happen. You're just sitting there every night, thinking, 'Who's it going to be?' And then when (a coach is hired),
Lindsay breaks away for a touchdown against Denver East this season. (Hyoung Chang, The Denver Post)

you wonder when you'll get that call."

Read more:Phillip Lindsay, Denver South running back, says he's sticking with CU - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/preps/ci_...denver-south-confirms-cu-commit#ixzz2ExNYAFGw
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

ditto a third time.

Even if he recovers and becomes a good rb, we sorely lack game-breaking speed. I think coach Myke needs to open recruitment at this position--but not as crucial as S, LB, DE. (and sorting out the WR recruits)

My main complaint about Lindsay was he didn't really fit in the pro style offense we were apparently going for. I think he's a much better fit in the pistol/spread. Glad he's back on board.

My main complaint about Lindsay was he didn't really fit in the pro style offense we were apparently going for. I think he's a much better fit in the pistol/spread. Glad he's back on board.

That is a really good point.

Don't get me wrong. I think he is an upstanding young man, and has lots of talent and potential.

Abron runs a 4.4 and doesn't look blazing out there. The pac 12 is getting faster as teams try to recruit to contain Oregon's 4.2 guys. We are going to need to keep up.

Back