What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO TE Mitchell Parsons (Transfer to CSU from Vanderbilt)

This thread is a hilarious (and sad) re-read.
It goes from being fired up that he is a Buff, and the Dillon to Parsons connection is going to be unstoppable, to its OK that he is looking elsewhere because we have Hobbs and Ray in line at TE.
A lot of our problems highlighted in one recruits thread.

Buffaholic nailed it in that one post. At one time, TE was not looking bad at all. Things change so quickly.

I think Mac was too busy trying to save the kids who had already committed (solidly) and to pull in some guys that he wanted from SJSU like Addison and Awuze.

This thread is a hilarious (and sad) re-read.
It goes from being fired up that he is a Buff, and the Dillon to Parsons connection is going to be unstoppable, to its OK that he is looking elsewhere because we have Hobbs and Ray in line at TE.
A lot of our problems highlighted in one recruits thread.

Funny like a blind squirrel searching for his nuts.

niLdlsH.png

i'm not going to lie, i laugh a little to myself whenever I think of how epicly he drove his recruiting into the ground. lol.

Good luck to him. CSU has had good success with TE's, maybe he will have a renaissance there

To what coach? Really strange time to announce you're transferring to a school that doesn't even have a coach in place to accept the transfer.

He started the process when they had a coach and it was all approved by Sparkles.

He started the process when they had a coach and it was all approved by Sparkles.

What if the new guy isn't interested? What if the new guy runs an offense that doesn't utilize a tight end? Parsons is taking a huge risk, IMO.

Naw - CSU under Frank has been willing to do whatever to get talent in the door. Mitch may not have had success at Vandy, but he does have some talent.

What if the new guy isn't interested? What if the new guy runs an offense that doesn't utilize a tight end? Parsons is taking a huge risk, IMO.

I would assume he's bent on leaving Vanderbilt so that's a done deal. Finding a school that will give him a scholarship to come in and sit out the year is tricky. He got that from McElwain at CSU. If he hates the new coach or system this spring, he can still transfer by sitting out next fall or going Juco. He loses nothing so there's no additional risk.

I'd guess there's not a lot of top programs willing to extend him a scholarship now. He didn't have that many offers out of High School. So while he got some bad luck by CSU changing coaches, it's not like there are better options that are "less risky".

I would assume he's bent on leaving Vanderbilt so that's a done deal. Finding a school that will give him a scholarship to come in and sit out the year is tricky. He got that from McElwain at CSU. If he hates the new coach or system this spring, he can still transfer by sitting out next fall or going Juco.

I'd guess there's not a lot of top programs willing to extend him a scholarship now. He didn't have that many offers out of High School.

He started the process as a 4* guy. If I remember correctly his senior year he added some weight but lost a bunch of speed and quickness. He also was not impressive in his senior year in a way that was expected coming off a big junior season.

He had some big name offers early in the process but by the time it came down a lot of those had disolved. At various times it he had reported offers from a number of PAC programs, Ol Miss, Oklahoma, BYU, etc. but it appears that a lot of those either weren't solid offers or got pulled.

He ended up grayshirting at Vandy then using his RS last year so it looks if I'm not mistaken that any school that takes him is looking at him sitting for a year with 3 to play 3 following.

Really strange case overall but the sheep fans will be pounding their chest about getting a 4* player.

Yes - that is a proper condensation of 15 pages of infighting. I think he's used only 1 year of eligibiliy of the 5 to play 4. He's got to have a good reason to leave a Vanderbilt education behind for Csewe. Plus he hasn't played in 2 years and will have to sit another.

If he was my kid, I'd have him come home and take classes at Front range and work out with McChesney until this summer. Check out all options after released including Jucos.

Yes - that is a proper condensation of 15 pages of infighting. I think he's used only 1 year of eligibiliy of the 5 to play 4. He's got to have a good reason to leave a Vanderbilt education behind for Csewe. Plus he hasn't played in 2 years and will have to sit another.

If he was my kid, I'd have him come home and take classes at Front range and work out with McChesney until this summer. Check out all options after released including Jucos.

Since he hasn't played in two years missing another isn't going to do him any favors. Having used his RS year he is going to lose another unless he can get an exception since he is moving close to home. Don't know if he has any family situations that would give him reason to apply.

If he can't get the exception to play immediately his best bet may be to go to a JUCO where he can get on the field this year.

Also wonder if he didn't approach M2. Wouldn't shock me if he got a polite no thanks considering our numbers.

If he were my kid, I'd have him stay at Vanderbilt, study hard, and get a degree.

CSU is building their program by accepting transfers from previous 4-star high school athletes who were released from their P5 scholarships. Whether or not they put in the work and/or pan out at their new destination.

Fortunately they are the only football school in Colorado that does this.

CSU is building their program by accepting transfers from previous 4-star high school athletes who were released from their P5 scholarships. Whether or not they put in the work and/or pan out at their new destination.

Fortunately they are the only football school in Colorado that does this.

Um, don't forget Mr. Callahan, and I am glad we have him.

After skimming through this thread with the benefit of hindsight. If we are to believe the story Embree showed his staff film and they said he wasn't a kid they would offer --- then reading the timeline it sure sounds like instead of being up front with the kid, they let him do all the dirty work. Stopped calling him and then when he called and said he wanted to take visits -- they said OK at first -- then called back and said if you take visits you aren't committed. Knowing full well he was going to take visits. Then they stopped calling him altogether.

Maybe I am reading this wrong -- but sure reads like a ****ty recruiting story and is pissing me off right now. If you cool on a kid you had previously offered, be a man and upfront about it.

Back