What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO TE Mitchell Parsons (Transfer to CSU from Vanderbilt)

I have been saying Vandi for a while now. I am glad for Mitch's sake they took a 4th TE because I don't know where his other options were. I think he liked Ole Miss as well but my interpretation was that he didn't have the opportunity to go there. I hope he has a good career there. I think we made a big mistake passing on him. Even if his Sr. tape wasn't as good as his Jr. tape he would have been our number 1 overall recruit. How do you turn that down and yet continue to take 2 star/1 star Ath reaches.

My guess.. "oh, you just committed somewhere else? Rats! Well best of luck!"

I'd bet that HCMM saw his film and knew of him for a while but decided to go after other positions.

I think the fact we took a JUCO TE for next year says alot of what the head coach thought of him.

I think the fact we took a JUCO TE for next year says alot of what the head coach thought of him.

I don't know about that. I think they just don't need a TE unless the kid is unbelievable.

Embree had promised the Juco TE a spot and the kid lives with the Dillons. Could have been a package deal all along. I think it's time to move on. HCMM has made it clear to the Dillons that he's honoring that supposed deal.

The bottom line is that although Mitch did not get recruited as a 4-star the last several months, he's a solid kid with good potential. Vandy sees it and Ole Miss saw it enough to offer a gray shirt. Probably some other programs were talking or even offering. Very reflective of a smart kid with solid potential. Not a 4-star.

We have VERY limited scholarships to give and TE is not a priority. This year's young part of the depth chart will have:

Hobbs SO
Irwin FR
Ray FR
Juco (who won't arrive until Jan. will be a FR on our chart)

This is for an offense that lines up one TE, often split out as a WR. An offense that plays 4 WR's more often and needs 8 to have depth. This is a year we do not need to address this position.

The only way I would take a TE this year is if he was really special, and I think MP's solid, not special. You have limited scholarships, you recruit what you have to at this point.

But with all this logic out there, I am prepared to hear for the next N years, how HCMM didn't recruit the top player in Colorado......... Yippee

Buffaholic's logic is solid. We need WRs. Imagine if we have some injuries at WR this year. Terrifying.

Called to say congratulations. He tries to save face by turning it into a last minute inquiry. Good luck to playing Offensive Tackle for Vandy over the next 5 years. I still wish him the best.

Called to say congratulations. He tries to save face by turning it into a last minute inquiry. Good luck to playing Offensive Tackle for Vandy over the next 5 years. I still wish him the best.

Nothing good ever comes from Twitter. Parsons handled that poorly, especially considering he was the one who chose to decommit from CU (and now he is complaining about not being contacted?). :huh: Hopefully he grows up a bit. Vanderbilt is a good school and in a fun city. I think he'll have a good time there.

I don't know about that. I think they just don't need a TE unless the kid is unbelievable.

Embree had promised the Juco TE a spot and the kid lives with the Dillons. Could have been a package deal all along. I think it's time to move on. HCMM has made it clear to the Dillons that he's honoring that supposed deal.

The bottom line is that although Mitch did not get recruited as a 4-star the last several months, he's a solid kid with good potential. Vandy sees it and Ole Miss saw it enough to offer a gray shirt. Probably some other programs were talking or even offering. Very reflective of a smart kid with solid potential. Not a 4-star.

We have VERY limited scholarships to give and TE is not a priority. This year's young part of the depth chart will have:

Hobbs SO
Irwin FR
Ray FR
Juco (who won't arrive until Jan. will be a FR on our chart)

This is for an offense that lines up one TE, often split out as a WR. An offense that plays 4 WR's more often and needs 8 to have depth. This is a year we do not need to address this position.

The only way I would take a TE this year is if he was really special, and I think MP's solid, not special. You have limited scholarships, you recruit what you have to at this point.

But with all this logic out there, I am prepared to hear for the next N years, how HCMM didn't recruit the top player in Colorado......... Yippee

Exactly what I am saying. The new coach didn't think he was a top 15 TE in the nation. In fact he thought so little that he was willing to take on a Juco TE that I believe was unranked last cycle.

Mitch speaks to the Denver Post and pretty much confirms what many of us speculated.... His recruitment fell apart and he was very worried whether or not he would have options in the end. His Vandy commitment is a great ending to the story for him and I wish him well.

It also confirms that HCMM did not recruit him and told him we were full.

Top 10 finish all time for amount of pub to a CU recruit without ever going to CU.

'13 CO TE Mitchell Parsons (Verbal to Vanderbilt)

According to his twitter he is going to be grayshirting

There is an ever-growing and very interesting list of former CU players or high school players once high on CU's radar who changed schools and ended up in Greeley, Pueblo, or State the last 5 years. Not saying this move increases Mitchell's chances of transferring closer to home but it also wouldn't surprise me. I really hope he spends the next year putting in the work instead of sulking through his life without football and represents the state of Colorado well at Vandy.

Tell you what, if the kid is motivated and has himself in shape I wouldn't be crushed to give him a chance in Boulder if he's interested.

Tell you what, if the kid is motivated and has himself in shape I wouldn't be crushed to give him a chance in Boulder if he's interested.

Agree with this. Kid had a lot of schools interested as a jr. Don't know what happenend his sr. year but he took himself out of demand. If he has gotten himself back together we certainly have a need for TE's.

I would say there is very little chance he would be willing to come to CU when coach passed on him earlier. I am sure he took that personal.

Back