What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO TE Mitchell Parsons (Transfer to CSU from Vanderbilt)

This info (rumor) has been out there awhile, and frankly, I tend to believe they didn't like the film when they looked at it unbiased. Probably didn't have a lot to do with the weight. Good weight gain doesn't effect these things and coaches (even our old ones) are smart enough to know if his new weight was good or bad and not to let that cloud things. They'd look at 2011 vs. 2012 film. Perhaps they looked at full-game film and saw something? Hard to say, and we'll never know. Not saying what HotRack heard didn't come from a coach's mouth, but I'd guess that story sounds better than "we were clueless from the beginning".

Perhaps the original offers had stars in their eyes? Sort of akin to "The Wine Trials" manifesto, that essentially states that knowing the price (or critic's scores) clouds our own ability to judge a wine.... It's human nature and you can't help it. I'm sure the same thing happens with the "star system".

I've been thinking the only D1 teams recruiting him are UNC-Greeley and Vanderbilt. He has showed a Vandy visit for this weekend. Not sure if that happened, but I just noticed that Vandy took their third TE in this class. Got to believe they are full and frankly I'd be surprised if he took that visit based on them bringing in the 3rd TE this same weekend. But I could be wrong.

CU is choosing not to recruit him (new staff). We are NOT recruiting any Tight Ends. Those are the facts. I doubt we ever know, but who he ultimately signs with will be VERY interesting.

Wow...No more Vandi. Mitch is going to end up at CSU if he wants to stay close to home. If services reevaluate there is no way he is still a 4 star recruit.

I can see CSU making a huge coup to "close the borders" and I'd be alright with that. I want success for all in-state programs and if they can start recruiting Colorado like Pueblo does it should over time develope the pride high school athletes may feel toward playing their college ball for any of the home teams. As long as Parsons doesn't turn into Sperry-caliber one weekend a year and Chaparral is telling future players to consider CU should they come calling, all of this can work out nicely.

He could turn into a good get for CSU - they've had some nice TE's over the years as well

does he have a CSU offer?

OK - I will answer this.

It would appear he is not being recruited by CSU, who took 2 TE's early in the cycle. He is being recruited by UNC (the one in Greeley).

Parsons may be quietly being recruited by other D1, BCS level programs. Or not.

Wish him good luck. Wonder if he ends up at a different position. If he has put on weight he may be a candidate to move to DL for Vandy in a conference where you better have D-linemen who can move.

I really do wish him luck, and still would've been happy with him in Boulder...
but this quote from Rivals on his conversations with Franklin, considering his rumored weight gain, is pretty funny.
"He kept saying all week how much bigger I was than he thought I was."

I really do wish him luck, and still would've been happy with him in Boulder...
but this quote from Rivals on his conversations with Franklin, considering his rumored weight gain, is pretty funny.
"He kept saying all week how much bigger I was than he thought I was."
Anybody else thinking redshirt and then to the OL?

Not me. Parsons was a 7-on7 superstar on the camp circuit. It would be a waste of his gifts to play him on the OL.

Obviously, I'm very high on him as a receiving TE and I have been since this recruiting cycle started.

:yeahthat: Just like Solder, except Solder ended up a lean 300 lbs+ with very low body fat(7%?).

Not sure how Mitch is body fat-wise. Sounds as if he may have packed on the wrong kind of weight---particularly if you have EB and WB looking askance at your physique!

Last edited:
'13 CO TE Mitchell Parsons (Verbal to Vanderbilt)

:yeahthat: Just like Solder, except Solder ended up a lean 300 lbs+ with very low body fat(7%?).

Not sure how Mitch is body fat-wise. Sounds as if he may have packed on the wrong kind of weight---particularly if you have EB and WB looking askance at your physique!

Lol

I certainly hope it works out for him although he's in a class w/ 3 other TEs. Either way, free ride to Vandy and chicks are hot there I have heard so, it's not all bad :)

Back