What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA RB Jomon Dotson (Signed to Washington)

I also like the fact that UW fans are already talking him moving to DB. They dont really care for him as RB.

Hate to lose Dotson. He was definitely a PAC 12 talent.
One player in general will not make or break a class; but, this one hurts. It especially hurts because we have lost out on most every player that we have gone head to head with another PAC 12 school.
I like the direction MMac is taking this program; but, we need to start winning our share of recruiting battles or remain a doormat for most of the PAC 12. I really hope we tweak our staff a little (switch one maybe two coaches) to improve our recruiting. A hard working staff, strong at evaluating talent is good, but not good enough. We need a couple of go to salesmen that can reel the stars in and keep them.

149-34. Combined score over the last 3 years vs UW.

Dotson's ship sailed the moment Peterson (or someone on his staff) picked up the phone.

The issue I have with this one is losing a guy we have had committed for a month or more. We can't lose guys this close to Feb. when he is quite possibly the signature recruit of the class. Can HCMM find gems in the rough...yes he can. But do we consistently recruit kids that appear more like ones that should belong to the MWC....also yes we do.

'14 CA RB Jomon Dotson (Verbal to Washington)

149-34. Combined score over the last 3 years vs UW.

Dotson's ship sailed the moment Peterson (or someone on his staff) picked up the phone.

No the ship left port when UW said they were recruiting him as a RB and not a DB. If UW doesn't offer him the chance at RB I doubt he flips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'14 CA RB Jomon Dotson (Verbal to Washington)

I just got an invite to the recruiting luncheon. This should make that luncheon fairly interesting.

I don't get too caught up in the decisions of a bunch of 18-year olds, but this one definitely stings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm bummed because I was excited about Dotson and he looked like he could make a difference at RB.

But a little question that's been nagging at my mind with the talk about UW deciding to offer him as a RB, not a DB... if he's the running back we've all been counting on being, why has there been any question about BCS level schools even offering him as a RB? Have teams been sleeping on him, or have we been overrating him and trying to see something that isn't actually there?

Good recruit. Switched his verbal to Dub.

Sounds about right.

Any OL guys we can send their way or are they headed to LSU?

Furk....

What gets me (beyond losing the player) is that the UW fans are pretty much "meh" at Dotson flipping. Keystone player for us, just another kid for them. I'm going to take my sorry hopes and latch them on to Ballage's recruitment.

Really good point made. For us Dotson was a HR recruit... for Washington he is probably not even one of their top 15 guys this cycle and will likely struggle for playing time early. I still can't believe that recruiting has developed this way.
A: Go to team with multiple high graded recruits at your position, attempt to get into rotation, after 2 years.... if not in rotation transfer on.
B: Go to team that desperately needs you and can practically guarantee playing time by your 2nd year. Actually be a difference maker on your teams wins and losses.

Recruits now days choose A.

Really good point made. For us Dotson was a HR recruit... for Washington he is probably not even one of their top 15 guys this cycle and will likely struggle for playing time early. I still can't believe that recruiting has developed this way.
A: Go to team with multiple high graded recruits at your position, attempt to get into rotation, after 2 years.... if not in rotation transfer on.
B: Go to team that desperately needs you and can practically guarantee playing time by your 2nd year. Actually be a difference maker on your teams wins and losses.

Jilted passive aggressive fans now days choose CU.

Or C: Go to team with multiple high graded recruits at your position, go to training camp, and find out in two weeks that after all the stuff they told you in the recruiting cycle about being the next great RB (WR, QB, TE, etc.) that you are now a DB (LB, DE, etc.)

Dotson impresses me as more of a top athlete than a top RB. Some other schools looked at him up front for defense. I would not be surprised in any way for him to end up on defense for UW.

You sound like a jilted lover. :lol:

Dotson was a decent get, not a HR. But if you are using rivals ratings to determine his value as a recruit, he is #4 for Washington, not outside the top 15.

Dotson is a quality athlete that we could use at CU. He had another option and unlike many of our commits, he chose to take a trip and liked Washington better. It happens all the time. Sucks to be on the losing end, great to be on the winning end. (Shields)

Still not signed to UW according to Rivals.
BfuEWq6CAAAzlrz.jpg:large

Back