What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA RB Jomon Dotson (Signed to Washington)

A visit from a coach won't hold a candle to a visit to UW for the weekend. His visit to Boulder is pretty far behind him. Always hate these last "trips" when we are on the wrong side.

A visit from a coach won't hold a candle to a visit to UW for the weekend. His visit to Boulder is pretty far behind him. Always hate these last "trips" when we are on the wrong side.

Might come down to the in-home visits with the head coaches.

Gone from being 99.9% committed to now having to make a decision this week where he wants to go. Not trending in a great direction, but hopefully we pull this one out.

Gone from being 99.9% committed to now having to make a decision this week where he wants to go. Not trending in a great direction, but hopefully we pull this one out.
Yah, not really sure where this is going. Like most on here, would love to keep his commitment. He would be a difference-maker.

I though someone posted in another thread that coach MikeMac has an inhome this week and UW does not have one scheduled. If that is the case, it is a big visit and we are not out of it yet.

I bet udub is waiting to do their in-home after NewMac does his.

Maybe. He says the decision will be this week, but who knows with an 18 year old kid. Dotson was in Seattle last weekend and MikeMac will be in his house Wednesday. Peterson could get in after MikeMac but it is not scheduled yet.

FWIW, the Washington Scout mods think getting Dotson is a low probability at this point. Says they have other guys on their board that are a higher priority, including Kalen Ballage and Demario Richard.

So does Mac:
Lay on the guilt trip? "We took you commitment as your word and didn't recruit any other RB's."

Sell CU? "Colorado is a wonderful university. We have great academics and a great location."

Sell his roll? "You are going to be our feature back."

Play on his pride? "You can be part of something great. You can help return Colorado to prominence."

Or does he just fall on the floor sobbing and beg him to commit?

So does Mac:
Lay on the guilt trip? "We took you commitment as your word and didn't recruit any other RB's."

Sell CU? "Colorado is a wonderful university. We have great academics and a great location."

Sell his roll? "You are going to be our feature back."

Play on his pride? "You can be part of something great. You can help return Colorado to prominence."

Or does he just fall on the floor sobbing and beg him to commit?

He does what he does in any in home. He sells the parents and mom on what their son will get from his experience at CU in addition. Show the kid the love and sell the hell out of his vision for resurgance (timeline for bowls, championships, facilities, etc). He sells playing time and the role they see for the kid on the team. He sells the education and opportunity that CU will provide the kid past college football. He tells them that he will help their son develop into the man they want him to become. The values he will help reinforce. The family he will become part of at CU.

Not a lot of begging but playing the cards he has to ensure that the kid and his family know that CU and Coach MikeMac has the best interest of the kid in mind and will support him in getting a great education and to be as successful as he can be on the field.

He tells him the truth. Bull****ting doesn't work well long-term, even if it does work in the short-term. If that doesn't work, cry and beg.

He does a combination of all of the above. I imagine Adams will be there and probably Walters as well.

This is why I'd suck at coaching. I'd fall on my knees crying and then ask him if there is anything his parents, with a wink, need.

One big advantage we should have with Dotson is that HCMM made him his #1 RB target from early in this cycle. No one has recruited him harder or more consistently.

I was thinking we were going to lose him, but I'm starting to turn around and have faith.

Don't pitch playing time. That's essentially saying we suck. You can tell them you think they are good enough to contribute early because you think they are a difference maker for the program. That gives you a leg up on other schools that think of them as a second option

One big advantage we should have with Dotson is that HCMM made him his #1 RB target from early in this cycle. No one has recruited him harder or more consistently.

I was thinking we were going to lose him, but I'm starting to turn around and have faith.

That is a sure sign that we are screwed.

Don't pitch playing time. That's essentially saying we suck. You can tell them you think they are good enough to contribute early because you think they are a difference maker for the program. That gives you a leg up on other schools that think of them as a second option

Playing time is a good pitch and it's made by all schools. If it's true then all the better. Not everyone is Bama and five deep at every position. Some kids want to play and play right away.

This is why I'd suck at coaching. I'd fall on my knees crying and then ask him if there is anything his parents, with a wink, need.

That may work for the dad. What do you plan on offering the mom?

A gift card for a facial.

Last time I thought DBT was being funny, I was wrong, and he got all angry at me. But man, this is really, really funny!

Back