What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TNFR OT Shane Callahan (Signed to Colorado)

If he is allowed to play that means that we will be able have him on the field for 3 years. We can not only use his talent but having that kind of stability would help a lot.

Welcome! I'm excited to have you join the Buffs, but apparently not as excited as slider.

Can't wait until this is fully public and promoted in the media and local HS. Total stud CO lineman goes to Auburn and decides to come back home to play. If he can play this year, I'd be shocked if doesn't end up being a 3 year starter for us.

And I believe we would see immediate improvement in our line play, which also means improved performance (and health) of Sefo, and better running game too. Shane could have an immediate impact on the field and hopefully in our OL recruiting for 2015.

Great news, whether he can play immediately or not. How can he play this year? Is the NCAA changing their transfer rules or is there an exception to the rule that Callahan qualifies for?

This thread is a pretty good advertisement for the $15 per year membership fees.

The NCAA has been uncharacteristically reasonable lately. I'm probably getting my hopes up for no good reason, but I'm optimistic.

Finally, some good offseason news. Freebasing Kool-aid.
If I recall transfer rules...if it is due to family emergency/distress, there is no need to sit out a year.

If Callahan and Irwin both play this season, I may be joining you in freebasing...I prefer strawberry.

The NCAA has been uncharacteristically reasonable lately. I'm probably getting my hopes up for no good reason, but I'm optimistic.

Might be the best time in recent memory to try to work with the NCAA.

Head injury situation in the NFL along with some other things have put a lot of focus on concern for the players. NCAA would also like to avoid litigation right now with the way the courts have tended recently.

Biggest factor though is the Players Union thing going on at Northwestern. In the end I don't think much is going to come from it but the NCAA is doing everything it can to try to look like it has the student-athletes interest at heart in the event that this thing ends up in the courts. It has already mixed things up in the court of public opinion and the NCAA would like it to go away. Denying reasonable claims that have to do with legitimate family situations won't help them to that goal.

If I recall transfer rules...if it is due to family emergency/distress, there is no need to sit out a year.

If Callahan and Irwin both play this season, I may be joining you in freebasing...I prefer strawberry.

Add in the JC Guard that will be in Boulder this month and our biggest weakness just became a hole lot better.

Back