What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TX OT Elijah Rodriguez (Verbal to Texas)

fire-wheelchair-o.gif
Touché.

I feel somewhat confident he will stay strong and committed.. He knows how major a role he can play here and we need and want him to be apart of something special.

Doesn't appear to Have offers from Louisville or okie state so I wonder how much of a relationship he has with the new staff at Texas. Hopefully he sees the risks involved with Texas and sticks with a staff who is committed to him and a place where he will be a priority

So tonight is the night, eh? I certainly get the allure to Texas for him. As a CU fan, though, and totally bias, I think CU offers him a better opportunity. But if its truly coming down to a "check list" decision, we probably will have a tough time competing depending on how he weights his check list.

Last edited:
Just doing some quick lurking on Shaggy, there is little to no mention of Elijah, so hopefully he understands how much more important he is to us, than to Texas. BTW, their 2014 Recruiting thread is full of DOOOM (and it also cracks me up that they are thinking that once they build their new indoor practice facility, that they'll be able to impress recruits - so even the program with the most $$$ thinks their facilities are lacking).

Been lurking UT boards and there are zero **** given regarding Rodriguez. Probably a combination of being short horns along with Bobby Burton and Ketchum pretty much guaranteeing he'll flip tonight.

So tonight is the night, eh? I certainly get the allure to Texas for him. As a CU fan, though, and totally bias, I think CU offers him a better opportunity. But if its truly coming down to a "check list" decision, we probably will have a tough time competing depending on how he weights his check list.

What are you talking about? We have God on our side.

C'mon Elijah, don't fail us now. He is such a needed and important piece of this recruiting class.

It wasn't long ago that he was grouped into our pool of kids without BCS offer lists that some here like to put down.

The kid is taking it all in and making the best decision for him for his future, with all considerations. Got to pull for this kid either way. Class act!

It wasn't long ago that he was grouped into our pool of kids without BCS offer lists that some here like to put down.

The kid is taking it all in and making the best decision for him for his future, with all considerations. Got to pull for this kid either way. Class act!

Not really. He was pretty much unanimously liked at the time he initially committed (also had B1G, Pac, and Big 12 offers at the time).

Holding on to Elijah. Would speak volumes for this staffs ability to recruit. There are many reasons for him to pick CU, especially knowing he could be one of the key foundation pieces to the CU program; but the glamour of UTexa$ is always a strong pull.

We need him in the worst way. One of the top recruits we have. Hope Texas just got into the mix to late.

Holding on would speak more to Elijah than anything IMO. Mom is a UT grad. Grandfather played for UT. Grew up a UT fan. His relationship with the CU staff and his comment about "commitment" could overcome all. It would be a fairly spectacular save.

No inside information, but I feel pretty good about this one. From the sounds of it, UT's class is falling apart and I think that means Strong is spending most of his time trying to hold on to the headliners. I think Elijah's longer term relationship with HCMM is going to win the day. Fingers crossed!

Holding on would speak more to Elijah than anything IMO. Mom is a UT grad. Grandfather played for UT. Grew up a UT fan. His relationship with the CU staff and his comment about "commitment" could overcome all. It would be a fairly spectacular save.
agree

Let's keep the facts out of this argument, please.
At the time of his commitment, his offer list looked like: Arizona State, Arkansas State, Fresno State, Houston, Illinois, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas State, Tulsa and Central Florida.

And I defended him to several on here and elsewhere because he didn't have one legitimate in-state offer (ie Texas, aTm, Texas Tech, Baylor and TCU all passed). Bite me.

At the time of his commitment, his offer list looked like: Arizona State, Arkansas State, Fresno State, Houston, Illinois, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas State, Tulsa and Central Florida.

And I defended him to several on here and elsewhere because he didn't have one legitimate in-state offer (ie Texas, aTm, Texas Tech, Baylor and TCU all passed). Bite me.
well look at you

Back