What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TX OT Elijah Rodriguez (Verbal to Texas)

At the time of his commitment, his offer list looked like: Arizona State, Arkansas State, Fresno State, Houston, Illinois, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas State, Tulsa and Central Florida.

And I defended him to several on here and elsewhere because he didn't have one legitimate in-state offer (ie Texas, aTm, Texas Tech, Baylor and TCU all passed). Bite me.
I can't think of anyone here who was upset when he committed. In fact, most viewed he and Miller as a relative strength of the class at the tackles.

At the time of his commitment, his offer list looked like: Arizona State, Arkansas State, Fresno State, Houston, Illinois, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas State, Tulsa and Central Florida.

And I defended him to several on here and elsewhere because he didn't have one legitimate in-state offer (ie Texas, aTm, Texas Tech, Baylor and TCU all passed). Bite me.
What if I don't want to bite you?

I guess we need to hope that the Rivals southwest scouting analyst is right about Rodriguez and the coaches at Colorado, Texas, LSU and Florida State are wrong.

Crap. Tough to fault the kid based on his family connection to Austin but I think he's missing a chance to be a difference maker in the turnaround in Boulder. Best of luck, Elijah.

Guess God doesn't have that much pull anymore.
There is no God.

hqdefault.jpg

I know these are just young kids and we should cut them some slack, but after all his talk about God and loyalty... it's kind of sickening to see him turn his back on CU. That shows poor character on his part. It may sound like sour grapes to you, but whatever. I wouldn't want someone like that here anyway.

He has no idea what he is in for. Replacing a coaching legend rarely goes well. Strong does not even have the full support of his alum and donor base. For every Jimbo Fisher there are 10 Frank Solich and Lane Kiffin's. Guess which one Stong is most likely to be?

I'm sure it was gut wrenching for him to break the news to Mac and the staff.

I know these are just young kids and we should cut them some slack, but after all his talk about God and loyalty... it's kind of sickening to see him turn his back on CU. That shows poor character on his part. It may sound like sour grapes to you, but whatever. I wouldn't want someone like that here anyway.

Really??? Or are you just trying to convince yourself of this?

It's the system that we are forced to follow, and it sucks a lot of the time. However, until signing on the dotted line, the athlete is in control, and it flips completely after signing day, so I don't fault an athlete for maneuvering within the current rules. Sometimes it goes the other way and a school pulls an offer on a kid. I have no issue with a kid who's dream school drops an offer in his lap prior to NSD who flips a verbal commitment. I'm sure it was hard for him, but how can you say that you wouldn't want somebody like that at CU?

An early signing period for football would help us with those hidden gems, but then that opens up a whole can of worms.

Last edited:
I don't know how anyone can blame the kid for flipping. This wasn't just lip service about playing for his dream school. Good luck to him in the future.

Back