What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 AZ ATH Isaiah Oliver (Signed to COLORADO)

Not questioning IO's athleticism, but in general, does track speed transfer to the field? I could see for WR, but the other positions it seems lateral speed, explosiveness etc are more important.

No way, a potential S that we could actually redshirt? Is that what this term "depth" actually means? Seriously though, who was the last true safety recruit we were able to redshirt and get ready for the PAC 12? Orms got hurt true freshman year right and Polk was a RB when he redshirted? Going way back now.

Not questioning IO's athleticism, but in general, does track speed transfer to the field? I could see for WR, but the other positions it seems lateral speed, explosiveness etc are more important.

Ask Bob Hayes, Cliff Branch, RG III or Ron Woodson. Fast twitch muscles are fast twitch muscles.

No way, a potential S that we could actually redshirt? Is that what this term "depth" actually means? Seriously though, who was the last true safety recruit we were able to redshirt and get ready for the PAC 12? Orms got hurt true freshman year right and Polk was a RB when he redshirted? Going way back now.

Welcome Isaiah! Polk was also the last Brophy player we had, IIRC.

Keeping on thread here..... Welcome to the Black and Gold young man!

And say hello to my old ball coach Tim Sanford if you see him around!

All depends.

Oliver looks like a football player who happens to be fast, not just a fast guy trying to play football. Important difference.

All depends.

Oliver looks like a football player who happens to be fast, not just a fast guy trying to play football. Important difference.

I want to clarify here. There's more to track than the 100M. Oliver is not a sprinter. He's a decathlete.

Oliver doesn't have straight line "track speed" and it's a big reason he doesn't have many offers.

What he does have is elite general athleticism, high football IQ from coaching & bloodlines, and the proverbial "high motor".

I want to clarify here. There's more to track than the 100M. Oliver is not a sprinter. He's a decathlete.

Oliver doesn't have straight line "track speed" and it's a big reason he doesn't have many offers.

What he does have is elite general athleticism, high football IQ from coaching & bloodlines, and the proverbial "high motor".

Agreed, that is why I mention the difference. Is is rare that a football player runs 40 yards in a straight line much less 100. What he does do is run 15-20 in one direction, make a cut and go another 10 in another while avoiding a blocker or a pick play. Much more important in the long run is the "football speed" but hard to measure.

The need is where ever the hole is.
nfnevermind.gif

Must resist.

Back