What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 AZ ATH Isaiah Oliver (Signed to COLORADO)

Watching the Snoop & Son documentary and when Brophy played Gorman, Isiah was covering and picked off a pass intended for Cordell. Not sure at what point it was at but showed good ball skills and jumped infront.

Welcome to COLORADO Young Buff glad we got you and you are going to do great things here. Thank You !

welcome-to-colorado.jpg

This was posted to our FB page by someone connected to Oliver:

Future CU Buff, Isaiah Oliver Football (CB) / Track (Decathlon) currently is ranked #1 in the US in the 400m and the 300m hurdles. ‪#‎speeddemon‬

Here's the link. I think AZ has an earlier season so it may be premature, at least in the 400m. Not to take anything away though. Impressive.

Decathlon career was always a possibility and one of the reasons some programs backed away, according to my old baseball coach who was the head football coach at Brophy for awhile and remains close to the program.

Last edited:
The funny thing is he is so effortless watching his tape that you think he isn't that fast. But he pulls away from everyone. That is the byproduct of his track background I guess. His 400 time is very impressive and hurdles is tough to tell. Impressive athlete.

For the most part they do, but the coaches should be taking 4-5 sleepers, reaches, etc. a class. I'm not advocating taking a full class or even half a class of these caliber of players, but I think a handful are worth the risk.
great call! no sarcasm at all.

I don't see why he has to choose. He can be a part of the CU track team.

Because he may be so good at track that it makes sense to devote all his time to it. He may want to be an Olympic track star instead of a college football player.

A situation to watch going forward. Very possible that Oliver will have to make a tough decision sooner rather than later (including whether CU is the right school for him going forward).

Back