What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 AZ ATH Isaiah Oliver (Signed to COLORADO)

This guy was a huge get for us. He played like a stud last week vs USC as a true Frosh. He's long, fast, smart and really good already.
I don't know how this kid didn't have 4 stars and 40 offers. Didn't understand then, and definitely don't now.
Adam has some free stuff up on him at Rivals here.

Good read. My favorite part of the article was reading that it will be mid 20's when we play Saturday. That has to hurt an air-raid offense more then us, who can actually sort of run, right?

Good read. My favorite part of the article was reading that it will be mid 20's when we play Saturday. That has to hurt an air-raid offense more then us, who can actually sort of run, right?

Yes, but would've liked Sefo available to run that QB option up the middle.

This guy was a huge get for us. He played like a stud last week vs USC as a true Frosh. He's long, fast, smart and really good already.
I don't know how this kid didn't have 4 stars and 40 offers. Didn't understand then, and definitely don't now.
Adam has some free stuff up on him at Rivals here.

Remember we came in on him fairly late. He was a guy who made a big jump between his jr. and sr. seasons in high school. With the way schools are going now it seems like a lot have already locked in on their prospects while they are still jrs.

Oliver not only looks like a kid who can play but also like a guy who hasn't come close to his ceiling. He could be a quality starter for us next year.

Had to be sweet for Isaiah to be part of a dismantling last night of the Sun Devils. Not recruited by either Arizona school, his only offers were us and New Mexico.

These are the types of recruiting stories that make no sense. Kid is tall, fast and rangy. Has great instincts. More than enough speed and size. Played at one of the more recruited programs in Phoenix (Brophy Prep. His Dad played at Oregon. Smart. Good character guy.

How did this kid fall to "lowly" Colorado?

This. He was so lightly recruited in football that he thought track would be what paid his tuition.

Which meant that he would have to be a year on campus before he could decide whether to join the football as a walk-on. Buffs, particularly Bernardi, did a great job recruiting him.

He looks a lot bigger this year too, I remember asking the question in the Spring game "what is Oliver's weakness if he has one" and the only thing people had to say was he was really skinny. Well he looks big and strong out there so he will probably end up being the next great corner at Colorado.

Whenever I've seen Oliver play, I like how he does it. He can ball. Size doesn't look to be a problem now either. Talks about his work ethic, the strength folks as well.

Glad we were able to beat the Lobos for his signature. Hoping that's the last time I'll ever have to type that.

Over the next couple years how many fans in Arizona are going to be angry with their coaches (ASU and Zona) for not going after him?

It isn't a case of him just wanting to go out of state. In his case the in-state schools didn't bother going after him.

Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

2625437_b78142b632dc46b296cae874d39746c3.jpg

Brophy Prep (Phoenix, AZ)

Ht: 6'0"
Wt: 175
40: 4.55

Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked S
Scout rating: 3*; unranked CB
ESPN rating: 3*-74 grade; #166 WR
247s rating: 3*-86 grade; #78 CB

Reported Offers: COLORADO, New Mexico

How did everyone but Colorado & New Mexico totally whiff on a talent like Isaiah?

How did everyone but Colorado & New Mexico totally whiff on a talent like Isaiah?

At the time, I remember thinking it can only be because he was assumed to be a track guy in college and was taken off the boards of other programs that recruit AZ. Otherwise it really doesn't make sense for an athlete of this level.

Shows you that Mac knows DB talent, and knows how to coach them up. Excited to see Oliver's career at CU.

Back