What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA SG Tyler Dorsey (Verbal to Oregon)

I've never had thc-infused jambalaya.

Jambalaya pot

jambalayaking-kooker.jpg

had his in home last night with KU, but didn't commit
I doubt he commits till he's been to the Phog. Any basketball fan would find that experience hard to turn down, but I could see how a guy would fall in love with Boulder and cancel the trip.

General Prediction: If he ends up making that trip to Kansas, he commits there. Otherwise, he's ours.

I doubt he commits till he's been to the Phog. Any basketball fan would find that experience hard to turn down, but I could see how a guy would fall in love with Boulder and cancel the trip.

General Prediction: If he ends up making that trip to Kansas, he commits there. Otherwise, he's ours.

Another consideration for him and Kansas is Malik Newman. Would KU still accept a commitment from Newman if Dorsey was committed? I would assume that Dorsey wants to avoid another situation like he had with Arizona.

As a former average high school player who got the chance to play at the Phog (in the summer, with 3 courts going sideways), this. That place is incredible. Boulder is obviously the better location though.

As a former average high school player who got the chance to play at the Phog (in the summer, with 3 courts going sideways), this. That place is incredible. Boulder is obviously the better location though.

I understand the history of it, but besides that what's so special about APFH

5 star recruits are mostly concerned with which school will give them the best shot at a 1-and-done. They're less concerned with the looks of the arena or the campus/town. KU has produced plenty 1-and-dones & will always be on national TV. That's more of an edge than the Phog.

Our angle needs to be providing a better shot at lead-guard duties, 3 top-40 NBA picks in 4 yrs, play in P12 with the best supporting cast outside of UA, & the opportunity to beat UA, which we've done multiple times. You can't tell me the kid doesn't want to beat UA.

5 star recruits are mostly concerned with which school will give them the best shot at a 1-and-done. They're less concerned with the looks of the arena or the campus/town. KU has produced plenty 1-and-dones & will always be on national TV. That's more of an edge than the Phog.

Our angle needs to be providing a better shot at lead-guard duties, 3 top-40 NBA picks in 4 yrs, play in P12 with the best supporting cast outside of UA, & the opportunity to beat UA, which we've done multiple times. You can't tell me the kid doesn't want to beat UA.

That is why he will be interested in the Phog.

Would be tough to not look up and see all their banners, envision the place rocking every game, and imagine what you could do there in your single year.

Tad's got a rep and that will be played up. Josh Fortune transferred here because Tad gets his guards into the pros. Our player development at the guard position is extremely impressive.

Every single starting guard (including our hybrid "3") under Tad has either ended up in the NBA - Higgins, Burks, Dre, Din - or playing professionally in an international league - Nate, Sab, Levi, Carlon.

Also, I'm glad that of all the heavyweights that we're going up against KU. Tad played there. He knows that place. He beat their asses last year. He can recruit against them in ways that he'd struggle if the competition was North Carolina or Kentucky (though Coach Cal was an assistant coach at KU when Tad was a senior captain, so they know each other).

The substance of what Tad can offer Dorsey over KU is impressive especially since we are going against a bluebood. If you take what Nik said above and throw in things like our state of the art medical program that saved 2 frosh last year when they found out iron deficiency was seriously impacting their physical performance and stamina, you could say all KU can offer over CU is flash and history. That's a damn nice place to be for CU.

I understand the history of it, but besides that what's so special about APFH

For some people, who only like shiny new things, it may not have as much appeal. But for anyone who has at least some interest in the history of the game, the aura and the mystique around it is unmatchable. Along with the Palestra (#1 on my bucket list: Big 5 game at the Palestra), you find the essence of college basketball there, much like MSG and the old Boston Garden for the NBA.

I think the only real advantages CU has here, is a chance to play vs West Coast teams, and a chance for Dorsey to show Zona they made a mistake.

That, and there probably is less competition for minutes here then in Kansas. In Colorado, he'd have the opportunity to be "the man," so to speak. In Kansas, he's just another fish in a big pond.

I hope we have a better offensive identity this season and Dorsey can see how he fits in that system and can be successful.

Another advantage that CU could have, as many have said, is the ability to sell him being a program changer vs. another in the long line of successful players. It works both ways, though.

That is why he will be interested in the Phog.

Would be tough to not look up and see all their banners, envision the place rocking every game, and imagine what you could do there in your single year.

The Phog & anything else is secondary to getting in the NBA ASAP.

Tad's got a rep and that will be played up. Josh Fortune transferred here because Tad gets his guards into the pros. Our player development at the guard position is extremely impressive.

Every single starting guard (including our hybrid "3") under Tad has either ended up in the NBA - Higgins, Burks, Dre, Din - or playing professionally in an international league - Nate, Sab, Levi, Carlon.

Also, I'm glad that of all the heavyweights that we're going up against KU. Tad played there. He knows that place. He beat their asses last year. He can recruit against them in ways that he'd struggle if the competition was North Carolina or Kentucky (though Coach Cal was an assistant coach at KU when Tad was a senior captain, so they know each other).

It's certainly impressive to players at Fortune's level. No 5 star guy is thinking overseas or going to be sold on that. It's more like "look at what we did with relative no-names in Burks, Roberson, & Dinwiddie, imagine where we can get you."

G,

I agree. That's the point and I should have made it better. We're talking about a grand total of zero Top 100 recruits on that list. Half ended up in the NBA and all ended up making a living playing hoops. What Tad teaches takes your game to the next level. This isn't just showcasing talent. Under Tad, guys are taking their games to levels that few predicted they'd reach.

G,

I agree. That's the point and I should have made it better. We're talking about a grand total of zero Top 100 recruits on that list. Half ended up in the NBA and all ended up making a living playing hoops. What Tad teaches takes your game to the next level. This isn't just showcasing talent. Under Tad, guys are taking their games to levels that few predicted they'd reach.

Yep, the assertion has to be: Wiggins was the #1 guy coming in & he was the #1 guy going out. Most coaches, schools can do that. Look at what we've done with 3 star guys & there's little guarantee that you'll be KU's #1 guy come Fall 2015.

Wouldn't the chance to be the guy who takes CU to the next level with his talent be another solid selling point?

Wouldn't the chance to be the guy who takes CU to the next level with his talent be another solid selling point?

For some. Most guys want to be in a situation where they play with other good players so the team will be good, play against good competition so they can showcase their talent, play for coaching that prepares them for the NBA, and have a good chance of being a featured guy. CU already delivers all of that. I do think there is something to the idea of having a chance to be legendary at a place like Chauncey Billups became in his 2 seasons here. Someone who can take the Buffs from an annual tourney team to a Top 10 season or an Elite 8 / Final 4 run would be a hoops god to us. And the surrounding talent's in the program right now to be the right supporting cast to make that happen.

For some. Most guys want to be in a situation where they play with other good players so the team will be good, play against good competition so they can showcase their talent, play for coaching that prepares them for the NBA, and have a good chance of being a featured guy. CU already delivers all of that. I do think there is something to the idea of having a chance to be legendary at a place like Chauncey Billups became in his 2 seasons here. Someone who can take the Buffs from an annual tourney team to a Top 10 season or an Elite 8 / Final 4 run would be a hoops god to us. And the surrounding talent's in the program right now to be the right supporting cast to make that happen.
I'm also thinking with that while considering how it could generate into a lot of publicity for Dorsey. Sport writers already seem to like writing about Tad and the program, but there could be a lot more articles if we are the surprise top 10 team or a team that makes a deep E8/F4 run.

I'm also thinking with that while considering how it could generate into a lot of publicity for Dorsey. Sport writers already seem to like writing about Tad and the program, but there could be a lot more articles if we are the surprise top 10 team or a team that makes a deep E8/F4 run.

With Dorsey and the team we already have, Idk if it would be a surprise.

help from the mayor? Tweet in re: to wishing he was still at CU to charm Dorsey

[tweet]512984614873600000[/tweet]

Back