What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA SG Tyler Dorsey (Verbal to Oregon)

Yeah, I talked to one of the students about it this morning. He said that individual students can bring signs, etc., but the Frenzy/C-Unit aren't allowed to by compliance regulations.

Yeah, I talked to one of the students about it this morning. He said that individual students can bring signs, etc., but the Frenzy/C-Unit aren't allowed to by compliance regulations.
Gotcha. I was just curious because didn't New Mexico do something with Dom or Perkins with a banner or something.

If he wants to play in the Pac 12, I like our chances against our competition now that Arizona is out of the picture.

This is what I keep coming back to. He has a chance to stay in the West if he comes here. I don't know how important that is to him, though. I hope it's really, really important. Like, an overriding priority. :nod:

Gotcha. I was just curious because didn't New Mexico do something with Dom or Perkins with a banner or something.

Best thing that we can do (and should do regardless of whether a recruit is there), is call out support to the current players as we see them. It is meaningful to them. And when recruits see that, it makes an impact when they see that the players are recognized and appreciated.

Yeah. [MENTION=854]jgisland[/MENTION] reminded me of that this morning. I think they got smacked on the wrist for it.

I think 2 is a realistic goal, but not sure about 3. I view him a lot like Jabari Bird.

I dunno, the list of players in Dorsey's range on Rivals (17-21), that have went to the NBA early (successfully), is very short.

Of the 20 players from 2008-2011, in that range, only Tristan Thompson, Royce White (took 3 years due to the redshirt) and Doron Lamb left early as underclassmen and got drafted.

I could see a scenario where he goes early, even as a Freshman, but don't think it is very likely at all.

I dunno, the list of players in Dorsey's range on Rivals (17-21), that have went to the NBA early (successfully), is very short.

Of the 20 players from 2008-2011, in that range, only Tristan Thompson, Royce White (took 3 years due to the redshirt) and Doron Lamb left early as underclassmen and got drafted.

I could see a scenario where he goes early, even as a Freshman, but don't think it is very likely at all.

The range (17-21) and sample size (08-11) you've chosen are so incredibly small that it's rendered meaningless. Zach LaVine wasn't top 50. Embiid wasn't top 25.

It's not about what you or I think of his 1-and-done chances. It's about what the guy thinks and if a guy is a 5 star, top 20 player then he is thinking NBA ASAP.

Who cares if he's a 1 or 2+ yr player. It's all about getting him here & a lot of that will hinge on how he thinks it affects his NBA chances.

The range (17-21) and sample size (08-11) you've chosen are so incredibly small that it's rendered meaningless. Zach LaVine wasn't top 50. Embiid wasn't top 25.

It's not about what you or I think of his 1-and-done chances. It's about what the guy thinks and if a guy is a 5 star, top 20 player then he is thinking NBA ASAP.

Who cares if he's a 1 or 2+ yr player. It's all about getting him here & a lot of that will hinge on how he thinks it affects his NBA chances.

You could look at Recruits in the 11-50 range, and it would still be a very small amount of players that leave as Underclassmen and get drafted. Obviously, his goal is to get to the NBA.

I do think it is an unfortunate part of the college game now, that someone is deemed as a failure or disappointment if they aren't in the rare category of players that are good enough to get to the NBA early.

You could look at Recruits in the 11-50 range, and it would still be a very small amount of players that leave as Underclassmen and get drafted. Obviously, his goal is to get to the NBA.

I do think it is an unfortunate part of the college game now, that someone is deemed as a failure or disappointment if they aren't in the rare category of players that are good enough to get to the NBA early.

You could extrapolate the range to 6-50 & say it's rare to be drafted ever let alone early. Not really going out on a limb there.

Players know NBA puts a premium on youth & it's only natural to have those aspirations when ranked that high. Not a shame, but a blessing to be able to dream that big.

Kansas may be the safe choice, but is it the best choice for a guy that isn't top 5? I don't think so & our best hope is that's also Dorsey's thought process.

Last edited:
I saw him walking out of the stadium after the game. Looked like he was having a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Weather Gods certainly helped us out as much as they could today!

Kansas may be the safe choice, but is it the best choice for a guy that isn't top 5? I don't think so & our best hope is that's also Dorsey's thought process.

I wouldn't have that approach at all. For starters, it isn't true--Bill Self has developed top kids, 4 stars, unranked kids. He's going to get the best out of you, for sure, at whatever level of college basketball he coaches.

You focus on what Colorado brings to the table. And that is a stacked team when he arrives, that he can be the missing link to. A chance to play against Pac-12 schools, and to show the UCLA's, the Arizona's that they made a mistake. A chance to be on a Top 10 team AND play in the Pac-12, something nobody else going after him, can offer

I wouldn't have that approach at all. For starters, it isn't true--Bill Self has developed top kids, 4 stars, unranked kids. He's going to get the best out of you, for sure, at whatever level of college basketball he coaches.

You focus on what Colorado brings to the table. And that is a stacked team when he arrives, that he can be the missing link to. A chance to play against Pac-12 schools, and to show the UCLA's, the Arizona's that they made a mistake. A chance to be on a Top 10 team AND play in the Pac-12, something nobody else going after him, can offer

You quoted my hope on Dorsey's thought process & turned it into my recruiting approach. You're missing the spirit of my point there, which is KU will always reload with top 10-20 players & that's not always the best place for guys in the 15-50 range to showcase their skills (e.g. Wayne Selden). Can't say I agree that Bill Self gets the best out of everyone. Wiggins was nonexistent half of last season. Certainly a top coach though.

I've mentioned all the selling points you have here in prior posts as have others. All of it is great but, it's secondary to whomever Dorsey feels will maximize his NBA stock.

His NBA stock will be about the same at either place, IMO. Spending a year (or two) in Boulder will be a lot more enjoyable than spending the same amount of time in Lawrence.

Back