What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA SG Tyler Dorsey (Verbal to Oregon)

I'd like to think that Dorsey is seeing the Camera article about him, and all of the CU tweets about his visit, and comparing it to KU's "which of these six top-35 players is going to sign with us?" attitude. However, if Dorsey simply wants to be the next Wiggins, we lose the battle. If he wants to be the next Burks/Dinwiddie (actually stick around and accomplish something with the program), we have a great shot.

I'd like to think that Dorsey is seeing the Camera article about him, and all of the CU tweets about his visit, and comparing it to KU's "which of these six top-35 players is going to sign with us?" attitude. However, if Dorsey simply wants to be the next Wiggins, we lose the battle. If he wants to be the next Burks/Dinwiddie (actually stick around and accomplish something with the program), we have a great shot.

Chances are low on that

However, if Dorsey simply wants to be the next Wiggins, we lose the battle. If he wants to be the next Burks/Dinwiddie (actually stick around and accomplish something with the program), we have a great shot.

He's not the next Wiggins, regardless. He'd have a chance to accomplish things at either school. KU has the history, so hard to fault him if he picks them. He probably plays for 2-3 years even at KU

He's not the next Wiggins, regardless. He'd have a chance to accomplish things at either school. KU has the history, so hard to fault him if he picks them. He probably plays for 2-3 years even at KU

I think 2 is a realistic goal, but not sure about 3. I view him a lot like Jabari Bird.

Exactly. Not all five stars are one and dones, and he is a lower five star.

Can he be a one and done player? Sure.

Most likely, he will stay around a couple of years. He is a tweener at SG in the NBA, so he will have to prove himself at the college level as a PG.

Kansas will be tough to beat out with all their history, draft picks, TV schedule, etc.

If he wants to play in the Pac 12, I like our chances against our competition now that Arizona is out of the picture.

Exactly. Not all five stars are one and dones, and he is a lower five star.

Can he be a one and done player? Sure.

Most likely, he will stay around a couple of years. He is a tweener at SG in the NBA, so he will have to prove himself at the college level as a PG.

Kansas will be tough to beat out with all their history, draft picks, TV schedule, etc.

If he wants to play in the Pac 12, I like our chances against our competition now that Arizona is out of the picture.

To the bold: that's why I assume he has prioritized a PG opportunity in his recruitment. He needs to develop and showcase PG skills for the NBA.

To the bold: that's why I assume he has prioritized a PG opportunity in his recruitment. He needs to develop and showcase PG skills for the NBA.

Hmm so basically Dom would take a seat for 2 years and be a starter as a senior? Interesting.

Absolutely gorgeous weather in Boulder right now and everything is still green (insert weed joke here) from the wet summer. Hard not to be blown (insert hookers and blow joke here) away by the scenery this weekend. I like our chances.

Absolutely gorgeous weather in Boulder right now and everything is still green (insert weed joke here) from the wet summer. Hard not to be blown (insert hookers and blow joke here) away by the scenery this weekend. I like our chances.
(Insert)

Wouldn't the chance to be the guy who takes CU to the next level with his talent be another solid selling point?
I've finally come to the conclusion that they don't give a **** about stuff like that.

We fans are always guilty of inserting our hopes into what we think a player should consider. Like, "If I go to CU, I can be the guy who takes them to the next level. I'll be a hero." They don't think that way.

We fans are always guilty of inserting our hopes into what we think a player should consider. Like, "If I go to CU, I can be the guy who takes them to the next level. I'll be a hero." They don't think that way.
That can get a recruit excited. Being THE guy is exciting.

Think about how Ski and Spencer played together.

True. Spencer was told he would be THE PG. Pretty sure Dom was told the same thing. Although I wouldn't complain at all from a fan perspective just thinking about potential team chemistry and make up

Last edited:
True. Spencer was told he would be THE PG. Pretty sure Dom was told the same thing. Although I wouldn't complain at all from a fan perspective just thinking about potential team chemistry and make up

As a freshman, Spencer wasn't asked to run the point. Hell, Alec barely played any point. Higgins hardly did. All of those guys, while playing combo roles, were drafted into the NBA to play point. Tad's system is ideal for combo guards to get them prepared for the NBA -- where the old school PG like a Jason Kidd or John Stockton has pretty much gone away. They're combo guards these days.

As a freshman, Spencer wasn't asked to run the point. Hell, Alec barely played any point. Higgins hardly did. All of those guys, while playing combo roles, were drafted into the NBA to play point. Tad's system is ideal for combo guards to get them prepared for the NBA -- where the old school PG like a Jason Kidd or John Stockton has pretty much gone away. They're combo guards these days.

It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Dom is running the point until he graduates. If Dorsey commits, he'll become our shot creator out there, aka Burks/Ski/Brown. I'm liking the thought of a Dom, Dorsey, Fortune, Talton, Hopkins backcourt. Loaded with shooters, and Tad could go with more 3 guard lineups to wear the opposition down and create matchup problems.

I have a gut feeling it's going to come down to Kansas and Colorado for Dorsey's signature. I think he wants to go somewhere where he can win immediately plus get a lot of PT/Exposure as a freshman. If he's on the roster in 2015, and Scott is still here, we will be an elite team, with Dorsey as a cornerstone, and that's what Tad is going to sell!

Crossing my fingers baby!!!

The point guys is that even being "THE POINT" in Tad's system doesn't mean other guys don't get a chance to show PG skills.

The point guys is that even being "THE POINT" in Tad's system doesn't mean other guys don't get a chance to show PG skills.

:nod:

iirc, Ski was right with Din on assists the past couple years despite Din being listed at PG. PG for Tad mostly means that you get to dribble the ball more often and start the offense into motion.

:nod:

iirc, Ski was right with Din on assists the past couple years despite Din being listed at PG. PG for Tad mostly means that you get to dribble the ball more often and start the offense into motion.

one important thing in ski's interview is that now that he brings the ball up, he looks to pass more and doesn't have to force things. Some guys (like ski) just need the ball in their hand to get the feel of the game.

Back