What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 TX QB Steven Montez (Signed to COLORADO)

Unnecessary ? I've been the only one defending Macs recruiting. It was a compliment sheesh

Even though you were very obvious with the use of sarcasm, this is the internet and someone may stumble across the thread and not understand the sarcasm tags.

Montez went 21/29 (72 percent) for 256 yards and 3 TDs in a 43-15 season-opening win on Friday. No rushing attempts per Maxpreps, which falls in line with his coach saying he's too valuable to get hurt so they don't run him much.
Only 72%? Ha! Very nice, indeed.

Expect an Okie Lite offer soonish.

(Snow Edit to prevent freak out: Flounder did some twitter stalking and noticed a whole bunch of OSU interest, including coaches following him, and reached his conclusion. I do not know if Flounder found out how recent (or not) said interest was, and he can speak for himself.)

Last edited by a moderator:
He did throw 9 TDs, they scored 75 points. So, Barzil has me confused: do we want a bunch of P5 programs to start offering Montez, so we feel better about his stars/offer list?

He did throw 9 TDs, they scored 75 points. So, Barzil has me confused: do we want a bunch of P5 programs to start offering Montez, so we feel better about his stars/offer list?

There's chatter that Okie Lite is close, but Montez is solid to CU. If they offer, what will happen will be:

1) Sunshine pumpers will aggressively tell people not to worry
2) Most of us - the rational middle - will feel validated on Montez but will start feeling anxiety
3) Haters will switch gears from ranting on the failure it is to get a 2* QB to ranting about how we're going to lose him and don't have a backup plan

I may have just saved you 4 months of reading this and the general recruiting threads. :smile2:

Oh what, flounder right about a recruit. Inflection point!!!!

There's chatter that Okie Lite is close, but Montez is solid to CU. If they offer, what will happen will be:

2) Most of us - the rational middle - will feel validated on Montez but will start feeling anxiety
3) Haters will switch gears from ranting on the failure it is to get a 2* QB to ranting about how we're going to lose him and don't have a backup plan

I may have just saved you 4 months of reading this and the general recruiting threads. :smile2:

BTW #2 here. But I think the concern over back-up plans is a valid one based on last year's decommitments (3 decommitments and zero back-up plans)

Expect an Okie Lite offer soonish.

(Snow Edit to prevent freak out: Flounder did some twitter stalking and noticed a whole bunch of OSU interest, including coaches following him, and reached his conclusion. I do not know if Flounder found out how recent (or not) said interest was, and he can speak for himself.)

Freak out commenced?

BTW #2 here. But I think the concern over back-up plans is a valid one based on last year's decommitments (3 decommitments and zero back-up plans)

What do you mean "zero back-up plans"? We signed a full class, iirc. Even when we lost Rodriguez late in the process, the coaches had Wiefels lined up and made that move almost immediately. Our back-up plans may not be players who are as good as the primary plan, but that's why it's a back-up plan.

What do you mean "zero back-up plans"? We signed a full class, iirc. Even when we lost Rodriguez late in the process, the coaches had Wiefels lined up and made that move almost immediately. Our back-up plans may not be players who are as good as the primary plan, but that's why it's a back-up plan.

3 decommitments at Safety, RB, and OT. We didn't take any of those positions after those guys left. I don't really think a JUCO C is a back-up for a freshman OT

3 decommitments at Safety, RB, and OT. We didn't take any of those positions after those guys left. I don't really think a JUCO C is a back-up for a freshman OT

Rodriguez was projected to be someone who could play at RG for us eventually and is #2 on the RG depth chart for Texas right now. Wiefels was someone who could play C or G for us. Not exactly 1 for 1 but given the timeline and who was available it was certainly considered the best move the staff could have made to find a late replacement.

Jaisen Sanchez committed within a week of Chance Waz changing his decision so I think it's safe to say the coaches had a feeling it was coming.

Running back was a whiff with no Juco options pursued after Dotson flipped to UW. With the number they still had on the roster they just passed, got a PWO, and hopefully are much more serious this year although there seem to be fewer exciting candidates there for 2014.

Everyone knew from day one that Rodriquez was a UT legacy and that UT was his dream school. You have to remember that he tripped to LSU and had strong interest from FSU and stayed with us. We only lost out because UT finally came through with the offer that he was waiting for. You can complain about losing that commit but almost every other coach in the country would have lost it as well once Texas came calling.

It appears I've wandered into the Elijah Rodriguez thread, but I'm sure he won't mind me congratulating Montez on a great game. I can't wait to get this kid on campus and see what a legitimate, balanced qb depth chart looks like next year.

:rofl::rofl:

I know that OSU has had more success than CU recently, but Macintyre and Lindgren have shown at SJS and CU that they run a QB friendly offense that will get you the stats to get you noticed by the NFL. Plus, OSU is still in Stillwater last time I checked.

Back