What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 WY ATH Tevis Bartlett (Verbal to Washington)

Get this kid. Let him come in and compete for QB, never know. We have let far to many local kids go to ksu, uw, nu, etc that could help us turn this around.

Would prefer that he redshirts, learn the playbook, focus on academics his freshman year. Hopefully no freshman starts next year.

Linebacker is mostly about instincts so if he has them let him play. He is also a 4.0 student so he won't have any problems with academics with all the support SA's get from the athletic department. We NEED linebackers worse than any other position right now. The D-line should be much improved next year so that will be the only hole IMO.

Would prefer that he redshirts, learn the playbook, focus on academics his freshman year. Hopefully no freshman starts next year.

That's kind of an old school way of looking at things.

Joe Pa used to say something like "I'd rather play a guy 2 weeks too late than 1 play too early".

These days, you get talent on the field as soon as they're physically able to handle it if they can add playmaking ability you're missing from a position.

If no freshman have to play, what will the excuse be if we miss a bowl game again?

Just kidding! Let's not have this convo again, just poking the bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It feels like Tevis is our #1 target. He would bring a ton of impact and I think it'd be hard to not have him see the field if he commits to CU (which hopefully he will).

December or January. Wants to take all of his officials and finish the prep season.

He would make this class somewhat respectable, IMO. Really big need for us. While I don't have any issue with giving him a shot at QB if that's what he really wants, I think long term, he's a prototypical linebacker who could end up making some money in the NFL playing LB.

Just get him here, worry about position later.
That is why we should let him get a shot at QB. That's what the other schools are telling all the kids. Hey you never know, he could be the next Collin Klein (local kid we never spoke to).

That is why we should let him get a shot at QB. That's what the other schools are telling all the kids. Hey you never know, he could be the next Collin Klein (local kid we never spoke to).

Agreed. He strikes me as the type of person who wouldn't pout over not winning the starting QB job and would work his ass off to see the field somewhere else. And, if he does win the starting QB job, he's obviously the best option that we've got. Nobody (except for those of you who believe Embree did) ever promises a starting job before setting foot on campus. Win, win in my opinion.

I don't care if they give him a shot there if it helps land him. Duff's comment is not good, fahq.

6'4" 220 or so, tough as nails. Why would there not be a legitimate opportunity available to see what he may offer at QB. Certainly if certain rumors are true and we lose a QB after this season, Tevis would be on a short list. If Sefo continues to throw costly picks and focus on primary routes after two seasons, that list might just get shorter for Tevis.

6'4" 220 or so, tough as nails. Why would there not be a legitimate opportunity available to see what he may offer at QB. Certainly if certain rumors are true and we lose a QB after this season, Tevis would be on a short list. If Sefo continues to throw costly picks and focus on primary routes after two seasons, that list might just get shorter for Tevis.

I'd tell him he can try any position he wants and we will see how it goes.

What you want to avoid is a wasted year. If he comes in and plays QB, but doesn't actually see the field, then that's a year he could have been tearing it up as a linebacker. All indications are that he'd play right away at LB. I don't think he'd be given that opportunity at QB, regardless of how he performs in Fall camp. Figure he'd be trying to get playing time at a position where only one guy usually plays, and he'd be up against three other guys, one who is a two year starter. The numbers don't work in his favor at QB. And maybe that's why he will end up somewhere else. I also really worry about him going somewhere else, redshirting while trying to play quarterback, and then absolutely abusing us at linebacker.

His Season (and the rest of cheyenne east) ended this past weekend after a 2OT loss to Gillette (Campbell county HS). Here's hoping.

Sure would like to make this happen. Would be a win win for both Tevis and the Buffs. I believe his timing would be proven to be excellent. His talents fit our needs big time.

Back