What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 FL S Craig Watts Jr. (Verbal to USF)

Owmaa.gif

Last edited:
I think we all knew that this commitment was about as solid as warm Jello considering his past history before he committed to us. This one does hurt though, he is going to be a very good player for somebody, hope somehow it still ends up us.

For us to take the next step we need to start winning more of these than we lose.

He has flipped twice, it is better he finds his fit than getting here and then transferring out. The one thing that caught my eye was him using the term "research". This could mean a lot of things. Was he made aware of a shakeup in coaching (i.e. JL leaving)? That would be a bigger loss than one DB...

"It's not in my heart" "After some research"

Well, he didn't completely say no but that certainly doesn't sound good. Maybe he wants to play closer to home. Maybe he doesn't want to have to actually go to class as CU requires. Maybe someone got in his ear and said enough to convince him that Mike Mac is done soon.

Disappointing. Life goes on but someday we have to start landing and keeping kids like this if we are going stop being the conference patsy.

"It's not in my heart" "After some research"

Well, he didn't completely say no but that certainly doesn't sound good. Maybe he wants to play closer to home. Maybe he doesn't want to have to actually go to class as CU requires. Maybe someone got in his ear and said enough to convince him that Mike Mac is done soon.
I'm sure he had plenty of people in his ear. I think it was more along the lines of "Why the hell would you want to go to Colorado?" Along those lines, the Post had a story on Crawley. I have a new found respect for that young man. He said Boulder changed him. In the summer, he pulled a 4.0. He said he came from a really bad situation both in his neighborhood, but also in his family situation He said his time in Boulder has completely changed him for the better. That's the kind of thing we need to sell.

"I really wanted it to work out." Huh? If he "really wanted it to work out" then, dammit, why the hell is he making it not work out? Listen, I get it. He's trying to say nice things and he's a kid. But his words sound really gratuitous. I think him visiting and "committing" so early, in this case, wasn't good. It was kind of, "out of site, out of mind."

Move on. Hope he does well where he ends up. Hope it is CU but the kid does not seem to know what he wants. I hope he finds it.
I think that once a kid decommits, the ship has sailed. One man's loss is another man's opportunity, I suppose. I hope he finds what he's looking for.

Same ol same ol.... kid is scared of competition.
Yeah, I'm sure that's it. :cool:

Some would argue that if he's "scared of competition" CU is the perfect place to come. Don't be a douche.

I think he's afraid of making a bad decision. That can paralyze people and lead to indecisiveness. Unfortunately, indecisiveness opens the door to a lot of outside influences. Hopefully, things will work out for him.

Last edited:
Back