What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 FL S Craig Watts Jr. (Verbal to USF)

So now we should give credit to the staff for keeping the #69 ranked WR from flipping? Do we have any standards? Hey kudos to the staff for their constantly ranked 65th rated classes and your 88th ranked class now!

We just lost one of the 3 or 4 (depending on what service you use) 4* recruits we have recruited since 2010. Let me list some of the schools that have at 4 4* guys this year alone: Houston, Cal, Kentucky, BYU, Maryland and Pitt.

We are in maybe the best conference in the country, at an amazing school and now have some of the best facilities. Let's have expections that match this reality. Let's stop with the "if he doesn't want to be a Buff" crap and the hey at least we didn't lose the 3* 69th best WR.

I would hope we have higher standards, if not then we should quit stealing the Pac 12s money and head to Mountain West. Once there enjoy our yearly trip to Tucson for the Arizona Bowl.

Think I feel better now.

Yes, we give credit for success on securing Huntley. We also give blame for losing Watts. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

So now we should give credit to the staff for keeping the #69 ranked WR from flipping? Do we have any standards? Hey kudos to the staff for their constantly ranked 65th rated classes and your 88th ranked class now!

We just lost one of the 3 or 4 (depending on what service you use) 4* recruits we have recruited since 2010. Let me list some of the schools that have at 4 4* guys this year alone: Houston, Cal, Kentucky, BYU, Maryland and Pitt.

We are in maybe the best conference in the country, at an amazing school and now have some of the best facilities. Let's have expections that match this reality. Let's stop with the "if he doesn't want to be a Buff" crap and the hey at least we didn't lose the 3* 69th best WR.

I would hope we have higher standards, if not then we should quit stealing the Pac 12s money and head to Mountain West. Once there enjoy our yearly trip to Tucson for the Arizona Bowl.

Think I feel better now.

He was committed to Michigan and they lost him. Does their coaching staff suck too?

Obviously we need to recruit better, nobody is arguing that. This happens to be a very talented kid who would have been a a solid addition to our program but he is also a kid who won't really be solid with anyone until he signs an LOI.

He was committed to Michigan and they lost him. Does their coaching staff suck too?

Obviously we need to recruit better, nobody is arguing that. This happens to be a very talented kid who would have been a a solid addition to our program but he is also a kid who won't really be solid with anyone until he signs an LOI.

I agree but there is no excuse to be this far back in recruiting, period.

If the best recruit we get, regardless of class size, is a 3* WR, we should not be giving any credit to anyone. I would hope administration having spent 100 million on facilities would also find that unacceptable, if the goal is to be a winning program.

I agree but there is no excuse to be this far back in recruiting, period.

I agree that this staff has done a terrible job of recruiting since they have been here but hey HCMM kept his job and that is on RG. Next year it will get worse IMO because HCMM will be in his last season and thus no way recruiting improves.

I agree that this staff has done a terrible job of recruiting since they have been here but hey HCMM kept his job and that is on RG. Next year it will get worse IMO because HCMM will be in his last season and thus no way recruiting improves.

I think RG is keeping his options open so he can retain or fire. If he fires then recruiting is in the ****ter. Also, He can make very public statements for a new contract mid season too to support recruiting.

When a kid decommits like this, my experience is its a done deal, they never recommit. So, that said, do the coaches just turn away and stop contact, or do they stay on him and try to get him back? I'd love to know, and never will, how his decommitment went down, who he talked to and how that conversation went. I'm pretty sure the coaching staff did NOT say, "Well, if you don't want to be a Buff, we don't want ya." Haha.

We have a bit on him, I'm pretty sure they are still recruiting him unless he told them no chance. I hate saying this but we'll see how it shakes out. All kinds of reasons kids commit and decommit, could be people in his ear or not wanting to be too far away, no telling.

Not sure if this means anything, but the only team he has pictures w on his Twitter is CU. I'm still holding hope that leavitt's tweet the other day about being honest to recruits was pertaining to this situation. Watts def still has cu in the back of his mind as I believe he likes leavitt, but who the hell knows.

I happen to know a certain qb who just transferred to a Texas team, and from what I noticed in his decision, coaches can make or break decisions. We have a great d coach that might just bring watts home come signing day when he realizes how lucky he would be to play under him.

If he doesn't, well that's jaut life at the bottom of the PAC 12.

I am not sure what all the Hubbub is about. I would not blame this loss on coaching. He was previously committed to another school, before CU. He has changed his mind multiple times. That sounds more like uncertainty from the player. Perhaps he is not as strong minded as others, meaning he can be persuaded by a coach when they enter his living room and he changes his mind. We are talking about teenageers. Some mature faster than others. It is very unfortunate, the kid would have been impact player. But you cannot blame the coaches for everything (what if they did everything, but it is simply the mindset of the player?). If this was his first flip, I would agree that this is on the coaching staff. I am going to give the staff a pass on this one.

This Thread
The_Fox_and_the_Grapes.jpg

Assume it's not necessarily any good or meaningful thing, but I'd say it's definitely not a bad sign, that he still seems to be wearing CU gear.

Not that I am expecting him to sign here in the end, but it would be quite funny to see the reactions here if it did happen. I doubt Leavitt is giving up on this one.

Not that I am expecting him to sign here in the end, but it would be quite funny to see the reactions here if it did happen. I doubt Leavitt is giving up on this one.
I'd be shocked but ecstatic. It's just my experience that once a kid decommits, he never returns. Do you have any examples otherwise? I also want to say that he seems like a really good kid and I have a heartfelt wish that he finds the best fit for himself. Far be it for me or any of us to presume to know what that is.

I'd be shocked but ecstatic. It's just my experience that once a kid decommits, he never returns. Do you have any examples otherwise? I also want to say that he seems like a really good kid and I have a heartfelt wish that he finds the best fit for himself. Far be it for me or any of us to presume to know what that is.

It is really hard to come up with an example of a player who publicly decommitted and then later came back. But I can think of several examples of players who committed to multiple staffs along the way and ended up Buffs. Leavitt will get a few more chances to change his mind and hopefully it pays off.

I remember one last year. I'm not motivated enough to try to find it. But it can and does happen when a guy wants to take more OVs, the school he committed to won't consider him a commitment any more if he does that, and then at the end of the process the school still has the opening and ends up being the choice. A lot has to break right for it to happen, though.

With Watts, I think there's a good chance that CU fills its DB class the weekend of the 15th.

Yeah. That's where I'm at. You don't want to be a Buff, fine. See ya later. Have a nice life.
Every good recruit doesn't want to be a buff. That's the problem. MacIntyre will replace watts with a SJSU recruit.

I don't follow recruiting like I used to, I rely on Duff and others here. That said, I still think we have a good shot here. Crossing my fingers.

I remember one last year. I'm not motivated enough to try to find it. But it can and does happen when a guy wants to take more OVs, the school he committed to won't consider him a commitment any more if he does that, and then at the end of the process the school still has the opening and ends up being the choice. A lot has to break right for it to happen, though.

With Watts, I think there's a good chance that CU fills its DB class the weekend of the 15th.

Watts might just be good enough that if he decides on LOI day that he wants to be a Buff they figure out a way to get him here.

Back