What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 FL S Craig Watts Jr. (Verbal to USF)

Committed too early. CU got him thinking. And he has realized just how highly he is evaluated by staffs across the country. He can pretty much go anywhere he wants. I bet it's confusing as all heck. Such a big decision with lots of stress and this process isn't always as fun for recruits as we imagine it to be.
I think it's common that once you take a step in making a verbal commitment, I don't know what you call it, but a reality check kicks in. Either you have peace with your decision or, sometimes you don't. Like "buyer's remorse."

Holy hell. Check out the big rationalities on this Wisconsin fan:

"Seems more likely that that he just jumped the gun. If I recall correctly, the first time the kid was on a plane was on his trip to Madison. Falls in love with a great campus on two lakes during a temperate summer weekend.... the landscape is different than what he's ever experienced in Florida. A few weeks later he visits another great campus, this time in the mountains. It's probably then that he realized he's got a lot of exciting places to see before he commits."

Nice, gotcha. Honestly, good for a kid if he can experience several great college campuses.

Made up the word. It was meant to reflect something like big balls, only I meant exceptionally rational for a football fan.

Thx for clarifying. I read your first post as "rationalizing" and I agreed with the Wisconsin guy so thought I might have been missing a point.

"Watts said he felt he rushed his decision and wants to slow down and consider all his options. That thought occurred to him after his unofficial visit to Colorado. He said he wants to take his official visits and will decide around national signing day. He mentioned Ohio State, UCF, Colorado and a number of schools he wants to take a closer look at."

"Watts said he felt he rushed his decision and wants to slow down and consider all his options. That thought occurred to him after his unofficial visit to Colorado. He said he wants to take his official visits and will decide around national signing day. He mentioned Ohio State, UCF, Colorado and a number of schools he wants to take a closer look at."
I can respect that.

Good. This gives us a chance to show him he can join something special and be the biggest name on campus in a long time. We really are heading in the right direction and I think we all really hope we can get some wins and carry on the momentum. I rewatched a lot of the conference games this weekend. Damn we were so close in at least 4 games.

Good. This gives us a chance to show him he can join something special and be the biggest name on campus in a long time. We really are heading in the right direction and I think we all really hope we can get some wins and carry on the momentum. I rewatched a lot of the conference games this weekend. Damn we were so close in at least 4 games.
Where are past games available to watch online?

I am enjoying those games in 60 minutes. Makes it easier to see where we need help. OL, while improved, needs more work to give Sefo more time. Sefo threw INTs, but he also threw a ton of completions while getting hit.

And it goes without saying that if the DL can put some pressure on the other team it would be a huge upgrade in D results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a player spurned OU to come here, I think I would have an aneurysm.

We may well be the best fit for Watts. We may offer him the most playing time and a lot of exposure and a chance to get drafted... but you don't see players passing on major powerhouses for rebuilding programs too often.

We may well be the best fit for Watts. We may offer him the most playing time and a lot of exposure and a chance to get drafted... but you don't see players passing on major powerhouses for rebuilding programs too often.

You mean like when he decommitted from Wiscy?

This thinking needs to stop.

We have Watts' attention. We have his friends' attention. Its up to the coaches now to close it. From all reports the 3 of them loved it here. IMO we haven't seen a commit yet because they want to see the last piece of the puzzle, success on the field.

Watts already has offers from Bama, Auburn, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc. Powerhouse programs. OU is another in a long list. I believe we have as good a shot as any of those guys, we just need to close the deal. Its no longer on outdated facilities, or outdated uniforms, or outdated coaches, its on the current coaches ability to engineer wins from a team that is not as talented as its peers. Win some damn games and we will land some guys like Craig.

We have Watts' attention. We have his friends' attention. Its up to the coaches now to close it. From all reports the 3 of them loved it here. IMO we haven't seen a commit yet because they want to see the last piece of the puzzle, success on the field.

Watts already has offers from Bama, Auburn, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc. Powerhouse programs. OU is another in a long list. I believe we have as good a shot as any of those guys, we just need to close the deal. Its no longer on outdated facilities, or outdated uniforms, or outdated coaches, its on the current coaches ability to engineer wins from a team that is not as talented as its peers. Win some damn games and we will land some guys like Craig.

:iagree:

By God I hope you're right. Getting him would be a big coup and show other prospects that CU is legit.

By God I hope you're right. Getting him would be a big coup and show other prospects that CU is legit.

If CU were able to make it 4-0 in OOC, and give Oregon a tight game, there would be serious serious buzz around the program. If by some miracle the buffs are 5-0 to start the season...

And the news outlets love a comeback story. Seeing CU start the season strong while reporters remind everyone of the glory days of old would do wonders for this team. I can't wait for the season to start... even though it means I have to go back to work.

And the news outlets love a comeback story. Seeing CU start the season strong while reporters remind everyone of the glory days of old would do wonders for this team. I can't wait for the season to start... even though it means I have to go back to work.

You're a teacher?

Jesus ****ing christ you suck.

I got the feeling that Watts, Huntley, and Julmisse will be comparing other visits to Colorado. It was fortunate that we got them out here this summer. Boulder wowed all of them. I don't think Madison had the same effect as Boulder on Watts. If they do indeed compare everything else to Boulder, Colorado and CU, we will be in a pretty good position with these guys.

I got the feeling that Watts, Huntley, and Julmisse will be comparing other visits to Colorado. It was fortunate that we got them out here this summer. Boulder wowed all of them. I don't think Madison had the same effect as Boulder on Watts. If they do indeed compare everything else to Boulder, Colorado and CU, we will be in a pretty good position with these guys.
This is what I meant. Rep.

He needs to see the Buffs win. That is the only piece we're missing -- and it's a huge piece. Show him a bowl team that's got a small senior class & should be even better in 2016. Watts will have trouble going elsewhere if that's the case. Same with a lot of the recruits considering the Buffs (and some who don't think they are).

Back