What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX OT Grant Polley (Signed to COLORADO)

He claims the cheating claim made his son an enemy with Denton and Buffs fans. In turn, the votes staring flying in for Polley. He also states that he advised everyone he knew to stop voting all together because he thought the fix was in.
Admitting the problem was that you were outvoted doesn't sound like a winning strategy.

I hope his lawyer gives him good advice. "So, Dean, what was it about "no incintives" did you not understand?"

I will say, though: I don't personally like the idea or "accusation" that CU fans narced on the other kid for "cheating." I ain't no narc!

I hope his lawyer gives him good advice. "So, Dean, what was it about "no incintives" did you not understand?"
I was thinking the same thing. You gave away pizza for votes. He is claiming that Brock was the victim of " vote farming." This guy needs to realize that even if not intentional, he broke the rules of the contest.

I was thinking the same thing. You gave away pizza for votes. He is claiming that Brock was the victim of " vote farming." This guy needs to realize that even if not intentional, he broke the rules of the contest.
When I was voting and it dropped into the low 40's, or whatever, and I was casting votes like a banshee only to see the gap continue to grow, I gave up. So Dean needs to realize that his tactics added votes for his son but also cost Grant votes.

Wait, the dads getting a lawyer? To do what? Sue over hurt feelings? You tried to BRIBE people into voting for your child and now you're crying and playing victim because you lost? Setting a good example there pops.

Worse of all, he's making it all public over twitter.

And we wonder were entitled kids come from.

This guy tried to cheat his son into the win then cries about it when he gets called on it and loses.

Somehow I think this whole thing is much more about dad than it is about the son. Dad living out his fantasies of glory through the son.

Best advice, shut up and let the boy make you proud through his own accomplishments, not through purchased recognition.

And we wonder were entitled kids come from.

This guy tried to cheat his son into the win then cries about it when he gets called on it and loses.

Somehow I think this whole thing is much more about dad than it is about the son. Dad living out his fantasies of glory through the son.

Best advice, shut up and let the boy make you proud through his own accomplishments, not through purchased recognition.
At least he's not living out his fantasies through his daughter!

Boy that's embarrassing. He's making an ass out of himself.
I'd bet this guy gets along really well with Oregon State HC Gary Anderson. Anderson is kind of a hard nose and P5 college coaches love having dads sticking their noses in to tell coaches what they should be doing with their boys.

Don't know much about the kid but all things considered way happier that we have Polley coming in.

What a great comeback this was... Great job guys (and gals)!

First-Place-Trophy-705x705.png

Polley just picked up an offer from Texas a couple days ago. Should we be worried? After all the support the CU fan base has given him so far, espiecially for the UA game voting I don't think he will decommitt. I hope I'm right .

I keep telling myself to not be concerned with a Texas offer from Herman and his staff, but half of my family is from Texas and I know how most of them think. Texas, despite not being itself as of late is still a corner stone in football. Kids from the state grow up and dream of putting on that burnt orange. An offer from Texas still holds a lot of weight, especially in their state and Herman is the real deal. So, yes, I keep saying don't be nervous, but I very much am.

Back