What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CO QB Blake Stenstrom (SIGNED to COLORADO)

I've been gone from CO for about 6 years. what's the knock on VC?
Rich kid, private school that recruits from all over the state and has had Ed McCaffrey as an unofficial recruiter for them. Basically the same issue from when Logan was at Mullen. It's really an uneven playing field issue between public and private school in CO, but there aren't enough private schools to create a full league like they have in CA and TX, etc.

Last edited:
Rich kid, private school that recruits from all over the state and has had Ed McCaffrey be an unofficial recruiter for them. Basically the same issue from when Logan was at Mullen. It's really an uneven playing field issue between public and private school in CO, but there aren't enough private schools to create a full league like they have in CA and TX, etc.
gotcha - no different here in Seattle

Rich kid, private school that recruits from all over the state and has had Ed McCaffrey as an unofficial recruiter for them. Basically the same issue from when Logan was at Mullen. It's really an uneven playing field issue between public and private school in CO, but there aren't enough private schools to create a full league like they have in CA and TX, etc.

And a private school that has admitted that they see high school sports as an opportunity to keep their name in the media to promote the school. I won't say win at all cost but clearly they place a higher priority on winning that public schools can and most other private schools are willing to do.

sorry. I just thought those two posts back to back were funny. Please, trim the offending posts out.

sorry. I just thought those two posts back to back were funny. Please, trim the offending posts out.

No worries, we can just move on from here. No need for the Valor debate to spill into 2-3 pages like it has in the past.

Is JFK in Renton still a factor HS FB?
Kennedy Catholic? Burien.

They haven't been for a LONG time. But now that my BFF Damon Huard has invaded the program with his, albeit really really talented Frosh QB son, they will recruit some more players each year (they already have a few) and be atop the 4a division soon.

Kennedy Catholic? Burien.

They haven't been for a LONG time. But now that my BFF Damon Huard has invaded the program with his, albeit really really talented Frosh QB son, they will recruit some more players each year (they already have a few) and be atop the 4a division soon.
Burien/Renton, tomato, tomahto. So now they style themselves Kennedy Catholic? They were JFK back in the day. NPSL. Lancers? Crusaders? I forget. They used to be the ****. We beat them though. I played against them when Mike Utley was there. They recruited like a mutha back then and had some very good teams.

Burien/Renton, tomato, tomahto. So now they style themselves Kennedy Catholic? They were JFK back in the day. NPSL. Lancers? Crusaders? I forget. They used to be the ****. We beat them though. I played against them when Mike Utley was there. They recruited like a mutha back then and had some very good teams.
Lancers yep. Who did you play for?

ah yes. they are not overly competitive these days
That is what I hear. I think they are SPSL now. When the school first opened Dave Lutes, a Don James coached player, was the first HC. He hit the ground running and KW was pretty good for the first 5-6 years it was open. Last I heard he became the Kent School District AD. I don't know what happened after that.

I've been gone from CO for about 6 years. what's the knock on VC?
CU hasn't been very successful recruiting there. It's awesome to get a kid like Stenstrom. Hopefully, with renewed success, CU will get more Valor kids.

Back