What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CO QB Blake Stenstrom (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Wow. I'm impressed. Lots of good plays in rhythm, good moves when he ran, accurate on the love, kept his eyes downfield. Want just him standing back there and throwing to big targets with a clean pocket

Just turned on the Valor- Pamona game to check Stenstrom out but Luke McCaffery is playing QB? Where is he?

Get the sense that this is a guy who is going to keep getting better over time.

We are finally in a situation where we don't need to worry about a young QB having to step up and play right away. He can come in and focus on becoming the best player he can be.

Get the sense that this is a guy who is going to keep getting better over time.

We are finally in a situation where we don't need to worry about a young QB having to step up and play right away. He can come in and focus on becoming the best player he can be.

Agreed and I’d imagine there’s a large contingent of broncos fans here. If you don’t have a QB you don’t have much of a team so having QB’s is the #1 priority. Good to see it looks like we have a few good ones right now.

2018- He'll Redshirt, Montez will be a Junior
2019- He'll be a Freshmen, Montez will be a Senior
2020- He'll be a Sophomore and in the mix to start

So what are you even on about?
Yep. And there's no guarantee that Montez will even be here as a senior. With his arm and size, he could be for the NFL after next season if he has a big year. Dude did throw for 2,975 yards this year with 18/9 for TD/INT while completing 60.5%. Also ran for 338 with 3 TDs.

Regardless, it's not like there's some regimented progression at the QB position where they promote by seniority. 2020 could also be the year some random true frosh phenom signs and none of the guys we know about ever start here. All I know right now is that it looks like CU is building much better depth and competition at the QB position than the program has had in quite a while.

Yep. And there's no guarantee that Montez will even be here as a senior. With his arm and size, he could be for the NFL after next season if he has a big year. Dude did throw for 2,975 yards this year with 18/9 for TD/INT while completing 60.5%. Also ran for 338 with 3 TDs.

Regardless, it's not like there's some regimented progression at the QB position where they promote by seniority. 2020 could also be the year some random true frosh phenom signs and none of the guys we know about ever start here. All I know right now is that it looks like CU is building much better depth and competition at the QB position than the program has had in quite a while.

Um, did we just watch the same 2017 season? Montez to the NFL early? Even hypothetically speaking, that sounds like crazy talk. I know it's a great football day, so I'll have to assume you started drinking before the OU-TCU game.

Um, did we just watch the same 2017 season? Montez to the NFL early? Even hypothetically speaking, that sounds like crazy talk. I know it's a great football day, so I'll have to assume you started drinking before the OU-TCU game.
NFL GM's and scouts love measurables and potential. Montez has both in spades.

NFL GM's and scouts love measurables and potential. Montez has both in spades.

And if Montez learns how to read defenses, galaxy is the limit for him in the NFL. If he does improve on that next season, I agree with everyone that says Montez could be gone after next season.

You know, I thought about posting something about how I don't think Quarterbacks should ever declare early, and that I had difficulty thinking of a lot of successful players who left as Juniors, but I thought "Nah, that will derail this recruit thread and has nothing to do with Blake."

:whistle:

Hopefully Stenstrom is good enough to be a high level P5 QB. No matter how Montez or Lytle play, a team can never have too many good QB’s. Ask Texas Tech or OSU.

And while we all hope and expect Lytle to be excellent nothing is guaranteed. Add to that Stenstrom having what looks like quality talent nothing says he doesn't jump up and take the job away.

Hopefully Stenstrom is good enough to be a high level P5 QB. No matter how Montez or Lytle play, a team can never have too many good QB’s. Ask Texas Tech or OSU.
This is the bottom line, guys. We want legit P5 competition to win a starting QB job at CU along with confidence we have backups who can win games if there is an injury or the starter goes mental. I don't particularly care whether the guy who wins the starting job is a freshman or senior. I would hope that our coaches don't care either.

Back