What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO QB Ty Evans (Signed to NC State)

I wish I could come up with something to explain to people how Evans finished Top 12 at the Elite 11 finals and it resulted in Rivals dropping him from its #10 to #14 Pro Style QB, ESPN dropping him from #18 to #20 QB-P.

At least Evans seems to be using it for motivation, because it's got to piss him off at least a little bit.

#EastCoastBias

IIRC, it wasn’t an issue for Bloom to wear Calvin Klein underwear. It was a problem for him to earn endorsement money from his skiing. So, for instance, he could get paid to ski or model, but he couldnt get paid by Rosignol or Spyder or any of the ski companies that would ordinarily pay athletes to use their products.

Quote on being asked what’s to stop him from changing his commitment again:

“I usually don’t go into it in-depth," Evans said. "It’s gotten to the point where I do look at people and tell them that it’s my decision. Back off. You don’t have to go to workouts at 6 a.m. every day. It might seem cool on Twitter to commit to Texas A&M or wherever, but it’s my journey and that’s where I feel like I need to be.”

Good read on CHSAA website.

http://chsaanow.com/2018-06-29/palmer-ridges-ty-evans-competitive-edge-stand-out-football-field/

Quote on being asked what’s to stop him from changing his commitment again:

“I usually don’t go into it in-depth," Evans said. "It’s gotten to the point where I do look at people and tell them that it’s my decision. Back off. You don’t have to go to workouts at 6 a.m. every day. It might seem cool on Twitter to commit to Texas A&M or wherever, but it’s my journey and that’s where I feel like I need to be.”

Good read on CHSAA website.

http://chsaanow.com/2018-06-29/palmer-ridges-ty-evans-competitive-edge-stand-out-football-field/

Love this kid.

Ty is stand up, love him for that. Leadership quality is no doubt one of his strong points. That he knows what he wants and what it takes, and then gets out there and executes and makes it happen, means he's next level talent on multiple fronts.

No, he has done his part. The coaches need to recruit and can do so using his name as a verbal commitment, but recruiting is the coaches job.

That’s not true, coaches aren’t allowed to name unsigned players.

Actually, everything in this statement is false. Kids recruit kids. It's not for every kid, but your class headlining QB is going to want to recruit and he will recruit.
I'd say this is a pretty big non issue considering he's been recruiting people and getting the word about Colorado out there. Have you guys not read any of the interviews with him?

You're totally missing the point here buddy. There's no "guys", just one BuffinCali who said the opposite.
My reply, was to DBT's comment, that he "needs to get out there and recruit". No he doesn't "need" to do that, that is the responsibility of the coaches. That being said, do kids recruit friends, local players and players they meet at camps or on social media? Absolutely. Evan's has been great at recruiting, he is promoting CU wherever he goes, which makes DBT's statement a head scratcher. What else should Evan's be doing? In my opinion, he's already done his job by committing and exceeded expectations by trying to get more talent to commit. I don't believe making a statement that he "needs to get out there and recruit" is fair to the kid, putting pressure on him, he is already doing that. The coaches need to sign more 4* talent, that's what I would like to see.

My reply, was to DBT's comment, that he "needs to get out there and recruit". No he doesn't "need" to do that, that is the responsibility of the coaches. That being said, do kids recruit friends, local players and players they meet at camps or on social media? Absolutely. Evan's has been great at recruiting, he is promoting CU wherever he goes, which makes DBT's statement a head scratcher. What else should Evan's be doing? In my opinion, he's already done his job by committing and exceeded expectations by trying to get more talent to commit. I don't believe making a statement that he "needs to get out there and recruit" is fair to the kid, putting pressure on him, he is already doing that. The coaches need to sign more 4* talent, that's what I would like to see.
Every player who commits needs to work hard to recruit the rest of the class. That is part of the process and it is very much in their best interest while also something that quickly builds relationship bonds among the players in a class. Everyone should be aware of that dynamic as we're following recruiting. This is also why CU uses the strategy of making sure to get at least a couple in-state commitments very early so that they can take on a leadership role and be on campus for an unofficial visit whenever recruits are visiting from out of state.

Even he has said he needs to recruit. That’s how it works. That’s why our 2016 class gained momentum. Because early recruits used social media to recruit other guys. That is how a program gains momentum in the 21st century. Recruits recruit recruits.

I checked the NFL Network's on demand offerings on Sling. Strangely, they have six episodes of the 2017 Elite 11 on demand including last year's The Opening, but none of this year's Elite 11. Maybe other cable/sat/OTT providers have something.

I checked the NFL Network's on demand offerings on Sling. Strangely, they have six episodes of the 2017 Elite 11 on demand including last year's The Opening, but none of this year's Elite 11. Maybe other cable/sat/OTT providers have something.

Nothing listed on the website, I presume if it was televised Nike would post that on their website.

Back