What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO QB Ty Evans (Signed to NC State)

Watched Ty throw with the QBs. Threw the ball too low and it didn't carry. Looks and Carries himself like a leader. Who else should I be looking out for here tonight?

Watched Ty throw with the QBs. Threw the ball too low and it didn't carry. Looks and Carries himself like a leader. Who else should I be looking out for here tonight?
What do you mean by “too low?” His release or his trajectory?

It was a longest pass competition. He threw a bullet 56 yards. The winner threw a high bomb for 67 yards.
One of the things I heard as an area for improvement at Elite 11 is that he's not used to WRs at this level. He had some under throws, not anticipating their speed. And he's not in the habit of throwing high arcing 50/50 balls like you do when you've got WRs who can jump out of the gym. He'll adjust.

One of the things I heard as an area for improvement at Elite 11 is that he's not used to WRs at this level. He had some under throws, not anticipating their speed. And he's not in the habit of throwing high arcing 50/50 balls like you do when you've got WRs who can jump out of the gym. He'll adjust.
Give me athletic ability, IQ and Arm first (God gives those out sparingly).
Give me footwork and base fundamentals 2nd (bad habits are hard to break), especially under pressure.

These other things mentioned above. Not a problem.

I feel like each QB we've taken has (in chronological order since Montez) had the above in increasing amounts. I haven't seen enough of Evans yet. But Montez had the ability and Arm in spades. Lacked football IQ and base fundamentals, which he has struggled with.
Tyler is much the same from what I've seen, with a bit more polish coming in. Blake has perhaps less of the first part, but is more polished the the previous ones.

Is Evans all of that? Time will tell.

Article recapping in bleacher report had a knock on his arm strength, saying it wasn't on the same level as the other recruits. Could be the result of a tired arm

I’m not worried about him physically. He’s a high school kid and looks like it. Okay, so are the others but getting stronger and filling out his frame is the easy part.
Yep, he's probably one of the skinniest QBs there, but that can & will change.

I’m not sure why everyone is anointing him the future starter. CU has some talented guys he will have to beat out. I, for one, think Stenstrom has a chance to be really good.
Totally agree. There’s a lot of upside with the group we have and coming in. It wasn’t that long ago when the QB roster was a relative wasteland. QB recruiting is exponentially better than it was five years ago.

I’m not worried about him physically. He’s a high school kid and looks like it. Okay, so are the others but getting stronger and filling out his frame is the easy part.
Agreed, im excited CU has an Elite 11 recruit to begin with. Everything I've read makes it sound like him and Huffman-Dixon are ready to get to work. Lots of talent between the two.

Every now and then we'll showcase an up-and-coming athlete that goes above and beyond to excel at their craft. These athletes show the determination and drive it takes to be the best and will work tirelessly to perfect their game on and off the field. Whether it's performing drills on nights and weekends, attending camps and clinics or just staying after practice and putting in the extra reps, these gridiron warriors deserve a closer look in the spotlight as a "Bleechr Feature".

Last edited:
Every now and then we'll showcase an up-and-coming athlete that goes above and beyond to excel at their craft. These athletes show the determination and drive it takes to be the best and will work tirelessly to perfect their game on and off the field. Whether it's performing drills on nights and weekends, attending camps and clinics or just staying after practice and putting in the extra reps, these gridiron warriors deserve a closer look in the spotlight as a "Bleechr Feature".

He needs to add 30 or 40 lbs. is he really only 177?

He’s also just a senior in HS and at a smaller school. Probably not a world class weight program or nutrition. That’s what a RS season is for.
This guy has had trainers and private coaching for a long time. His size has little to do with his HS training program. I think he's like a lot of 17 year olds, just can't eat enough and hasn't yet started to fill out. That's not an issue at all.

This guy has had trainers and private coaching for a long time. His size has little to do with his HS training program. I think he's like a lot of 17 year olds, just can't eat enough and hasn't yet started to fill out. That's not an issue at all.
I’m certainly not worried about it. I raised two sons. I know how it works. But at 6’-2” I’d think an optimal weight would be at least 215 lbs to 220 lbs for both strength and durability.

Two years from now he will be getting ready for his Redshirt freshman year. I would wager he will have filled out nicely and has a much stronger arm. By the time he is a junior and senior he will be a man and have outgrown his boyish body. Excitied to see how he develops. I think he could be special.

Back