What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO QB Ty Evans (Signed to NC State)

Look, Ty is a stud who projects to be a good D1 prospect, but there is a serious difference between 3a and 4a and 4a and 5a in Colorado. To add to that, there is an even bigger difference between CO 5a and the top classifications in CA, TX, FL, OH, etc. To say Ty plays with and against mostly mediocre talent would be an understatement, and this outcome should have been expected. Maybe not that bad of a statistical night for him, but the outcome of the game for sure. Pine Creek is a good program.

Also, people should get used to the idea that Ty is not coming in next year and competing for a starting spot from day one, whether Montez is still at CU or not. He is going to need every ounce of a RS year.

They were facing the top rated team in the next higher division, right?

Yes. I have seen the 4A classification as more competitive than the 5A classification here in CO. It's also possible that the top rated 4A schools would be competitive in 5A as well. When I played 3A ball in the 1990's, there was a huge step up in the competition when my school faced a 4A team. 4A teams are more likely to have only one way players while 3A schools might have a mixture of one way only players and players that play two ways. Big difference.

Look, Ty is a stud who projects to be a good D1 prospect, but there is a serious difference between 3a and 4a and 4a and 5a in Colorado. To add to that, there is an even bigger difference between CO 5a and the top classifications in CA, TX, FL, OH, etc. To say Ty plays with and against mostly mediocre talent would be an understatement, and this outcome should have been expected. Maybe not that bad of a statistical night for him, but the outcome of the game for sure. Pine Creek is a good program.

Also, people should get used to the idea that Ty is not coming in next year and competing for a starting spot from day one, whether Montez is still at CU or not. He is going to need every ounce of a RS year.

Depending on how things shake out, he may be a candidate for a "soft" redshirt though.

The new rule changes things, but I don’t expect him to be a serious contender for the starting job as a True Freshman.
Not for the starting job.

Not as a starter or even as a principle back-up. Could certainly though see them in the right circumstances putting him in a couple of games ahead of the guy listed as the #3 on the depth chart.

Practice time and scrimmages are great but they can never match the speed and the complexity of actual game action, even if that game action is in "garbage time" against a lesser opponent or some other teams depth chart guys.

This is going to be one of the huge benefits of the new RS rule. Guys even in limited time can experience the pressure of the speed and all the stuff coming at them in actual game action. For all players, but especially guys like QBs even getting a good taste of this can make a big difference in how productive their off-season and spring practice work is.

As much as I love Ty’s possibilities as a CU quarterback, he still is going to be the fifth best quarterback on the team when he arrives next year. It will take him some time to find his place. Once he starts to fill out and grows into a man, he could be very special. Time is the true revealer. I have faith in him.

Last edited:
I’d rather he have a day like that in high school where he can learn from it than against USC with the P12 South on the line.

Yeah Ty looked good last night. His stats were thinner than they should have been because he didn’t play the second half. PR was up 70-14 at the half so they put the 2s in after everyone had an orange slice.

Back