What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO QB Ty Evans (Signed to NC State)

Home from the game and never saw him go down or even limp. I think this MCL has been that way for a while. He wears a brace and spends all defensive series on a bike for most of the season
Thanks for the info. Hopefully something that either rest or one of those "clean it up & you're back in 2 weeks" surgeries can take care of with this.

Last edited:
Evans said his injury does not require surgery, just four to six weeks of rest — after the season ends, of course.

That sounds fine. Very impressed with his attitude toward competing, leading his team and dealing with pain. I'm a huge Evans fan.
Really high character kid truly grateful for his gifts and all the help and guidance he’s recieved along the way. I hope he likes our coaching choice

Congrats to Ty and his teammates!

But, damn. That injury means early enrollment is more for surgery and rehab than to compete for a job. ****

Glad it doesnt sound too serious, but with Montez being a sr I did see him competing for playing time this year. Study and get healthy.

Even if he wasn't Johnson/Tucker's guy, this has to be considered a big time loss.
I'd suggest that is a premature conclusion.

If they didn't think he was "their guy" it's a good loss. If they wanted him, it's a big loss.

Evans was not a consensus favorite among all QB gurus.

He bolted for a reason.

which one?
Big time loss (which one). Reading the tea leaves:

Either he got the message and realized he wasn't their guy or didn't fit the new system

Or he somehow didn't want to wait to find out? Hardly, he got a clear message and he moved on.

I wonder if the injury may have given MT pause. On the surface, this is a big loss, but it’s possible there is more to this story than what we see on the surface.

Well, this certainly doesn’t seem like a well reasoned decision by Ty. You don’t commit to a school simply for one coach.

Either way, this stings for the Buffs but good luck to the young man.

Back