What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO QB Ty Evans (Signed to NC State)

Last week’s hiring of Georgia defensive coordinator Mel Tucker as CU’s new coach, and little information on Tucker’s plan for his staff, left Evans in the dark about the team he would soon be signing to.

[....]

Tucker spoke with Evans last Thursday, but did not have any answers regarding his plan for his coaching staff. Later, Roper confirmed to Todd Evans that he will not be returning to CU.

"We talked on the phone and he kind of gave me vague answers, and as an early enrollee I need a timeline and I need someone who has a plan for me and who my coaches are going to be," Evans said of Tucker. "I had 10 days to figure out the next four years of my life. I can’t just hope for what is best."

You have to recruit a QB with a high probability of being decent every single year - if you don't do that, it bites you in the ass down the road.

That is why this hurts. Not saying he will be "the guy" one day, but you have to have someone who could be "the guy" in every single class, and he was definitely that.

They would have to care first.
Oh Matt Stephens is absolutely making this a front page of the sports section blurb. “New CU coach fails to make highly regarded in-state QB commitment a priority; Ty Evans flips commitment to NC State, once again highlighting CU’s lack of focus on Colorado Preps”.

"Don't jump to conclusions... let me do that first!"
If he'd have jumped after having a long look at the new staff, and OC/QB, sure. Nope, the timing of this was that he wasn't feeling the love.

As pointed out earlier the UGA staff offered Padilla, but not Evans.

We're all big boys. He didn't wait to even meet the new guy. Pretty obvious why.

If he'd have jumped after having a long look at the new staff, and OC/QB, sure. Nope, the timing of this was that he wasn't feeling the love.

We're all big boys. He didn't wait to even meet the new guy. Pretty obvious why.
Yeah this is not a situation of CU losing a recruit. This is a recruit not being a priority of the new staff and as a QB, that is very telling.

Oh boy, not the direction I was hoping things would go. Good luck to the young man—on to the next one.

I will mark you down for being ecstatic when/if Tucker gets "his" QB, no matter who it is.

Is what it is, that being said he was not very good in 2018 compared to 2017 & 2016 and regressed in his performances

Oh Matt Stephens is absolutely making this a front page of the sports section blurb. “New CU coach fails to make highly regarded in-state QB commitment a priority; Ty Evans flips commitment to NC State, once again highlighting CU’s lack of focus on Colorado Preps”.
Who is Matt Stevens and why should I care what he writes?

You want to have a QB every year. Hurts from the standpoint that that gets disrupted.

Worth noting though that Lytle looked to have beaten out Noyer for the #2 job by the end of last year and that Stenstrom was the offensive scout player of the year in his RS year.

Also of interest is that situation with Padilla, have to wonder if he is back in play.

Finally it is very rare that you don't get multiple players abandoning ship when the coaching staff changes. The only time you don't is when you have a class full of kids who have no other options.

Would have preferred he stick with us but not broken up over it.

Good luck to him. Time to move on. He is dead to me at this point, as I am sure the Buffs are to him. Big ****ing deal.

If we think HCMT is the real deal and can recruit, then who cares about this development. He must believe Ty is expendable. Let’s wait for the next man up.

That came outta nowhere. I mean, I guess I can’t blame him if that’s how he felt. Kind of odd to just commit for a coach but i wish him the best of luck. But lol at the notion that 14-15 days to decide his future based on a new staff is somehow different to taking a weekend trip on a whim and moving to the other side of the US 23 days later. Sounds like he’s trying to justify his decision to himself.

You want to have a QB every year. Hurts from the standpoint that that gets disrupted.

A long way to go until the February signing date. We'll see if HCMT flips or finds a QB. Not the end of the world if he doesn't, but I'm certainly expecting someone with his recruiting chops to snag 2 or 3 highly ranked guys that aren't on our radar right now.

Bummer. NC state staff doing good stuff. Finley will be a rd 2 QBs or better.

Can’t keep subpar coaches because of one guy. Connor Wood was a 4 star guy until he wasn’t.

Yikes. Never good to lose your QB this late in the process. The "vague" comment from Evans tells me a lot though.

Last edited:
Back