What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO QB Ty Evans (Signed to NC State)

I love trying to read too much into tweets from high schoolers. My favorite pastime.
First rule of thumb: we assume that 100% of what they tweet is about football when in reality it's usually not about football unless they specifically say that it is. :D

Oh-Hell-Yeah.png

Posted on Rotoworld today:

Ty Evans - QB - Buffaloes
Colorado three-star 2019 verbal QB commit Ty Evans has received offers from multiple blue chip programs since committing to the Buffs in mid-January.
Michigan, Ole Miss, Alabama and Texas A&M have all tossed offers Evans' way over the last month or thereabouts. The 6-foot-2, 185-pounder said that he remains in Colorado's corner even with the added interest, though he was understandably excited about his offer from the Tide. We wouldn't put it past any of the four programs mentioned above to swipe Evans from the Buffs, but it should be noted that he's a native of Colorado. An accurate signal-caller with sharp decision-making skills who has worked to improve his agility and general impactfulness as a runner, Evans ranks as Rivals' No. 1 prospect in the state.
Source: Rivals
Feb 23 - 1:29 PM

https://247sports.com/college/color...ers-Distract-Him-or-Change-His-Mind-115345241

Some good / important news in here re Evans.

The news: He's going to enroll early.
O hell yes! This kid has precision, efficient footwork, and accuracy written all over his film in the pocket. Hope Kurt Roper lives at this kid's doorstep if that's what it takes to get him to Boulder. We have to get this kid like we had to have that game in Lincoln in '89. Must-have all the way.

He told Alabama no, and then stripper pole U offers?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Doesn't cost them more than a stamp and the cost of printing the letter to offer.

I get the impression that Evans is as solid with us as can be but I don't blame other schools for sending some love his way just as I would expect us to keep in contact with quality recruits who have committed elsewhere.

Remember that Lang was committed to USC and looked solid with them. Last minute that fell through and we got him in part because we had kept in touch.

Evans is the kind of kid that a school like ASU would find room for even if they had another QB commit should the opportunity present itself. I don't think it will present itself but no harm on their part in keeping in touch.

Doesn't cost them more than a stamp and the cost of printing the letter to offer.

I get the impression that Evans is as solid with us as can be but I don't blame other schools for sending some love his way just as I would expect us to keep in contact with quality recruits who have committed elsewhere.

Remember that Lang was committed to USC and looked solid with them. Last minute that fell through and we got him in part because we had kept in touch.

Evans is the kind of kid that a school like ASU would find room for even if they had another QB commit should the opportunity present itself. I don't think it will present itself but no harm on their part in keeping in touch.

Yes, but Lang fell through because USC wanted him to wait to enroll and he didn’t want to. That was more our luck that they had too many signed recruits. We were all fairly shocked when it happened.

Yes, but Lang fell through because USC wanted him to wait to enroll and he didn’t want to. That was more our luck that they had too many signed recruits. We were all fairly shocked when it happened.

As I stated USC fell through for him at the last minute. What matters is that we had stayed in contact with him even after he had committed to USC. When they asked him to grayshirt we were in position to take advantage.

Unless something really strange happens I don't see Evans going anywhere but Boulder but what does it cost ASU to send some letters and make a few calls just in case. If our staff isn't doing that with a number of guys committed elsewhere I'd be very disappointed.

I hope all this hype we are getting from QBs and WRs results in an offense that can finish better than 50th nationally...which was BLs ceiling here.

As I stated USC fell through for him at the last minute. What matters is that we had stayed in contact with him even after he had committed to USC. When they asked him to grayshirt we were in position to take advantage.

Unless something really strange happens I don't see Evans going anywhere but Boulder but what does it cost ASU to send some letters and make a few calls just in case. If our staff isn't doing that with a number of guys committed elsewhere I'd be very disappointed.

Gotcha, I wasn’t really disagreeing with you, just saying it isn’t the same scenario. Lang wanted to go to USC but they couldn’t take him in the end without a gray shirt. If Evans went to ASU, it wouldn’t be because a lack of scholarship or offer from us.

Evans, the 2017 Colorado Football Gatorade Player of the Year, has won the Gatorade Player of the Year Spotlight Grant, which bestows $10,000 for Evans to donate to the local sports organization of his choosing.

Evans chose the YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region. The Tri-Lakes YMCA location in Monument overlooks Don Breese Stadium where he led his team to a perfect 14-0 season and Monument’s first state football title.

“Gatorade is proud to award the Y with a Gatorade Play It Forward spotlight grant on behalf of Ty Evans,” says Forrest Johnson, Assistant Marketing Manager for Gatorade Player of the Year. “The connection and role that the Y has had in Evans’ life truly came through in his essay, and we look forward to seeing the Y continue to positively impact the youth of their community.”

He also awarded the Y an additional $1,000 grant after receiving the Player of the Year honor in December. In total the YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region will receive $11,000 from the Gatorade Pay It Forward program.

News 4 ran a story on Ty last night and made sure to say he hasn’t told ‘bama “no” and that their staff will be visiting him. That said, he still seems to be a strong CU commit. All I can think is, one, he’s enjoying the attention and, two, he’s hedging in case something changes to damage his confidence in the direction CU is headed.

News 4 ran a story on Ty last night and made sure to say he hasn’t told ‘bama “no” and that their staff will be visiting him. That said, he still seems to be a strong CU commit. All I can think is, one, he’s enjoying the attention and, two, he’s hedging in case something changes to damage his confidence in the direction CU is headed.
Maybe a bit of a double edged sword, but other recruits are going to take note of who is recruiting him. This could be an incredible year in recruiting if things go well. Land some studs on the line, Mangham or another good RB, a safety for Duff, and the future looks very bright!

Would be nice to have a QB commit to Bama to take them out of the equation.

Back