What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO QB Ty Evans (Signed to NC State)

No, it's awesome. CU is back to recruiting with the big boys. Now, if he doesn't wind up committing to CU I'll be as disappointed as anyone, but if Evans remains a Buff it is a great sign for the program. Gotta beat the best to be the best.
You are correct, IF he stays a BUFF!

Hey, I said it was a BOLD prediction!
I agree with @TSchekler , that I am not interested in recruiting kids just because they are in state and are hyped....That being said, I have clearly been impressed with watching Mr. Evans and I would put him as a must get for CU.
bitches-be-mythical_o_1206123.jpg

Wait, did I do that right?
The Tide Pod offer makes me think we need to push this unicorn post back to the front again.

Not worried. These offers just mean that it carries more and more weight when Evans follows a recruiting target and helps with the recruiting effort.

When did people become so full of fear? Acting like a bunch of pvssies.
Right on! I don’t fear nuthin’ cept my wife.

Could be the first real game changing recruit at CU in.....15 years. Utah beat out Alabama for their QB this year....watched him play here in SD....the real deal. CSU had a game changer that ultimately was lured away by an Ohio State offer; he had Drew Brees type skills who sat behind a stud as a junior and blew up as a senior.. Let's hope the 2018 Buffs dont pee down their leg like last year...get to a bowl....and use this recruit as a lightning rod to a top 20 class.

I think he stays a Buff. I can't imagine the feeling of being able to point to your parents in the stands at every big win at Folsom. They aren't hauling over to Tuscaloosa and back every home game weekend for four years. To play in front of your parents and your home state would be incredible.

Not worried. These offers just mean that it carries more and more weight when Evans follows a recruiting target and helps with the recruiting effort.

Who is full of fear? Not me. Bring it, Alabama!

Once CU shows the ability to consistently win these type of recruiting battles, that "fear" will subside. Visions of Xavier Newman, Carlo Kemp, Greg Rogers, Josh Falo, Davis Webb, etc still haunt the recruiting memory. The good news is he's in our back yard, has a great relationship with our QB coach, and Mac has a strong track record of recruits sticking with their commitments.

Once CU shows the ability to consistently win these type of recruiting battles, that "fear" will subside. Visions of Xavier Newman, Carlo Kemp, Greg Rogers, Josh Falo, Davis Webb, etc still haunt the recruiting memory. The good news is he's in our back yard, has a great relationship with our QB coach, and Mac has a strong track record of recruits sticking with their commitments.
Do people realize how many late offers from USC, Notre Dame, UCLA, Oregon and other P5s that CU held off this year? Half the current class was at serious risk. And we were coming off a 5-7 (2-7) season with the at-risk guys being from other states - mostly targeting guys in areas where our competitors have a lot more cache than CU does along with there being a ton of local pressure to flip.

With Evans, I think it would be silly to not have a healthy concern that some other program could convince him to flip. But at the same time, I don't think there's a reason to be anything but confident.

I think he stays a Buff. I can't imagine the feeling of being able to point to your parents in the stands at every big win at Folsom. They aren't hauling over to Tuscaloosa and back every home game weekend for four years. To play in front of your parents and your home state would be incredible.

I get the impression that he is honored by the offers but is solid to CU unless CU does something to change him away from us.

Staying home means he will be able to play most games in front of family and friends, it means he will likely have other students from his HS that he knows in Boulder with him. It also means that while he is away from home and living independently he can hop in the car and 45 minutes later be enjoying mom's cooking when he needs to get away from the pressures of school.

Having a QB with a Bama offer is a big deal. Gives us some credibility in recruiting other offensive players. At the same time Ty is smart enough to know that Bama thinks he is good enough to play for them but they think the same of the other 5-7 scholarship QBs they will have on the roster while he is there. At CU he will be looked at as a key part of the future of the program, at Bama he becomes another guy at practice.

This kid is probably going to remain solid. He’s got to probably be thinking I sit while Montez plays his senior year and then I have a chance to be a four-year starter. If he is good enough to be a four-year starter, beating out our current QB pecking order, then he’s going to be special.

This kid is probably going to remain solid. He’s got to probably be thinking I sit while Montez plays his senior year and then I have a chance to be a four-year starter. If he is good enough to be a four-year starter, beating out our current QB pecking order, then he’s going to be special.
I hear ya but I'd hope he wants the job from jump and not sit. If it's something where he needs to gain weight or whatever, ok. Otherwise, I'd want him to step on campus thinking it's his job to lose no matter who is in front of him.

Do people realize how many late offers from USC, Notre Dame, UCLA, Oregon and other P5s that CU held off this year? Half the current class was at serious risk. And we were coming off a 5-7 (2-7) season with the at-risk guys being from other states - mostly targeting guys in areas where our competitors have a lot more cache than CU does along with there being a ton of local pressure to flip.

No. All I read on here is what an awful job of recruiting our staff is doing. Seriously.

It's pretty simple... If the Buff's win, the kid stays to play at home. If the Buffs win 4 or less which leads to a coaching/staff change, most of the recruits will waver. The staff did the job in recruiting, now results on the field are needed.

It's pretty simple... If the Buff's win, the kid stays to play at home. If the Buffs win 4 or less which leads to a coaching/staff change, most of the recruits will waver. The staff did the job in recruiting, now results on the field are needed.
Truth. Basic fact for every program in the country. If you have a horrible season, you're going to struggle in recruiting without a home run coaching hire to change the narrative.

Back