What's new

'19 TX WR LaVontae Shenault (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Denver_sc

Club Member
Club Member
I'd see why he'd want to go to TTU to not be in his big brother's shadow. BUT...Coach Sunshades has his job on the line (they are looking a bit better than last year, but that could go south very quickly). And Lubbock pretty much sucks. I lived there for two years while getting a Master's degree so I can say this definitively.
But... he's so rugged and handsome!

Gotta say that TT looks an awful lot like a 6-7 win team again. Maybe that's good enough in Lubbock?

DisraeliEars

Club Member
Club Member
But... he's so rugged and handsome!

Gotta say that TT looks an awful lot like a 6-7 win team again. Maybe that's good enough in Lubbock?
Kingsbury has a lot of love in Lubbock; I think he has gotten more chances to redeem this team than some other coach would have. But this may be IT for him if he doesn't produce. (Of course, many of my TT friends said the same thing last year so who knows? Maybe he just IS too handsome to get rid of.)

JMBuffs

He's gotta be pumped about the hire...come on LeVontae, you won't be in your bro's shadow for long when he declares for the Draft about a year from now.

BuffUp

GO BUFFS !
Club Member
yea, really need to convince LaVontae how bad lubbock is, should be easy, it suks...would not want to live there for anything. Throw in a completely new staff? no way.

Uncle Ken

Orr no morr
Club Member
yea, really need to convince LaVontae how bad lubbock is, should be easy, it suks...would not want to live there for anything. Throw in a completely new staff? no way.
I'd be hesitant to run with that "completely new staff" argument.

BuffUp

GO BUFFS !
Club Member
I'd be hesitant to run with that "completely new staff" argument.
Wells took his RB, OL, WR, TE, QB and OC coaches + strength and conditioning from utah st. Pretty much a whole new staff on the offensive side of the ball especially.

Uncle Ken

Orr no morr
Club Member
TT has a whole new offensive staff than what recruited him. Not a new staff here at CU, but that’s probably a given.
Do we know what our offensive staff at CU will be? It seems like a funny message to say, "Don't go to TT, because they have a new offensive staff. You should come to CU--we're not sure if we'll have an entirely new offensive staff or not." That was my point, and again, maybe I'm missing something.

The Ogre

Club Member
Club Member
Do we know what our offensive staff at CU will be? It seems like a funny message to say, "Don't go to TT, because they have a new offensive staff. You should come to CU--we're not sure if we'll have an entirely new offensive staff or not." That was my point, and again, maybe I'm missing something.
Sometimes your patience and measured responses remind me of Ms. Jones, my first grade teacher. She was hot, though.

TSchekler

Club Member
Club Member
I think we're in good shape here, folks.
Crystal Ball for Kansas? Is there anything to suggest he’s giving CU consideration? Obviously his brother and what not but that didn’t seem to matter to him the first time around

Jeric

Club Member
His recruiter at Tech went to Kansas, plus he retweeted their tweet announcing him, so not sure if there's more to that or not.

Uncle Luko

Peckerwood
Club Member
I'd think that's why Chev is still here, no? I meant he's still here because he's had some success recruiting. Had the Barzil thread open before this one, should've wrote it there, my bad.

Last edited:

chitownbuff

Club Member
Club Member
Let’s try this again, if Chev didn’t prioritize him or if he didn’t commit to Chev the first time, we’re counting on big badass bro to make this happen.

BuffBronco

Let’s try this again, if Chev didn’t prioritize him or if he didn’t commit to Chev the first time, we’re counting on big badass bro to make this happen.
Wasn't the reason he had no CU interest originally was that he didn't want to compete with Big Bro?

No longer a reason as Big Bro has established himself and most likely will be gone after next year

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
I'd think that's why Chev is still here, no? I meant he's still here because he's had some success recruiting. Had the Barzil thread open before this one, should've wrote it there, my bad.
Chev is our recruiting coordinator. He has the book on the guy’s we’ve been recruiting for the next 2 or 3 classes.