What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 TX WR LaVontae Shenault (SIGNED to COLORADO)

I'd see why he'd want to go to TTU to not be in his big brother's shadow. BUT...Coach Sunshades has his job on the line (they are looking a bit better than last year, but that could go south very quickly). And Lubbock pretty much sucks. I lived there for two years while getting a Master's degree so I can say this definitively.
But... he's so rugged and handsome!

Gotta say that TT looks an awful lot like a 6-7 win team again. Maybe that's good enough in Lubbock?

But... he's so rugged and handsome!

Gotta say that TT looks an awful lot like a 6-7 win team again. Maybe that's good enough in Lubbock?

Kingsbury has a lot of love in Lubbock; I think he has gotten more chances to redeem this team than some other coach would have. But this may be IT for him if he doesn't produce. (Of course, many of my TT friends said the same thing last year so who knows? Maybe he just IS too handsome to get rid of.)

He's gotta be pumped about the hire...come on LeVontae, you won't be in your bro's shadow for long when he declares for the Draft about a year from now.

yea, really need to convince LaVontae how bad lubbock is, should be easy, it suks...would not want to live there for anything. Throw in a completely new staff? no way.

yea, really need to convince LaVontae how bad lubbock is, should be easy, it suks...would not want to live there for anything. Throw in a completely new staff? no way.
I'd be hesitant to run with that "completely new staff" argument.

I'd be hesitant to run with that "completely new staff" argument.
Wells took his RB, OL, WR, TE, QB and OC coaches + strength and conditioning from utah st. Pretty much a whole new staff on the offensive side of the ball especially.

TT has a whole new offensive staff than what recruited him. Not a new staff here at CU, but that’s probably a given.
Do we know what our offensive staff at CU will be? It seems like a funny message to say, "Don't go to TT, because they have a new offensive staff. You should come to CU--we're not sure if we'll have an entirely new offensive staff or not." That was my point, and again, maybe I'm missing something.

Do we know what our offensive staff at CU will be? It seems like a funny message to say, "Don't go to TT, because they have a new offensive staff. You should come to CU--we're not sure if we'll have an entirely new offensive staff or not." That was my point, and again, maybe I'm missing something.
Sometimes your patience and measured responses remind me of Ms. Jones, my first grade teacher. She was hot, though.

His recruiter at Tech went to Kansas, plus he retweeted their tweet announcing him, so not sure if there's more to that or not.

I'd think that's why Chev is still here, no? I meant he's still here because he's had some success recruiting. Had the Barzil thread open before this one, should've wrote it there, my bad.

Last edited:
Let’s try this again, if Chev didn’t prioritize him or if he didn’t commit to Chev the first time, we’re counting on big badass bro to make this happen.

Let’s try this again, if Chev didn’t prioritize him or if he didn’t commit to Chev the first time, we’re counting on big badass bro to make this happen.

Wasn't the reason he had no CU interest originally was that he didn't want to compete with Big Bro?

No longer a reason as Big Bro has established himself and most likely will be gone after next year

I'd think that's why Chev is still here, no? I meant he's still here because he's had some success recruiting. Had the Barzil thread open before this one, should've wrote it there, my bad.
Chev is our recruiting coordinator. He has the book on the guy’s we’ve been recruiting for the next 2 or 3 classes.

Back