What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Buffaloes vs Arizona Basketball game thread

Yes big win but rushing the floor big? I didn't think so but whatever. With Boyle as HC CU will get use to winning and will stop rushing the court.
We beat a top 10 team that is quickly becoming our bball rival and who stole the last game from us. You don't think that is somewhat floor rushing worthy?

Also, look at Mayor's line in the 2nd half: 5-6, 7-7 FT's and 19pts. He had 7 assists tonight too.

We beat a top 10 team that is quickly becoming our bball rival and who stole the last game from us. You don't think that is somewhat floor rushing worthy?

No. Rushing the floor is embarrassing. Arizona is not better than us. This wasn't an upset.

People ripping the kids for rushing the floor are sports fan snobs.

We're effectively 4-1 against Arizona since joining the Pac. Rushing the court forever implies you're a mediocre, NIT caliber team. I won't be losing any sleep over it, but it was not a big 'upset'

No. Rushing the floor is embarrassing. Arizona is not better than us. This wasn't an upset.
Then why are they ranked 9th and we are struggling to make the show? Listen, I agree with you that we are better and that the rankings suck, but this was a win that will almost guarantee a trip to the show. If we lose, we are in trouble.

We're effectively 4-1 against Arizona since joining the Pac. Rushing the court forever implies you're a mediocre, NIT caliber team. I won't be losing any sleep over it, but it was not a big 'upset'
Oh STFU. :lol:

Then why are they ranked 9th and we are struggling to make the show? Listen, I agree with you that we are better and that the rankings suck, but this was a win that will almost guarantee a trip to the show. If we lose, we are in trouble.

They're ranked 9th because the refs gave them a win on January 3rd. Even as it stands, they have 4 Pac losses, we have 5. This wasn't an epic upset.

Oh STFU. :lol:

I'm trying to see CU be a winner where this is expected. I don't want Arizona being our Kansas. And they aren't.

Again, I'm hardly losing sleep over it, but it needs to stop

It's about a mentality change.

Oh no! Students having fun! What are we going to do?!?!

What the hell is wrong with you guys? These students have put up with one of the worst stretches in history and now we've beat a top 20 team and a top 10 team in basketball. It's pretty unprecedented. I say go for it, Buff students! Some of my best memories at CU are me behaving ridiculously following sporting events. **** the curmudgeons!

You don't rush the floor when it's a) a team you and your fans expect to beat, and b) an in-conference foe that just lost a previous game to another middle of the pack team.

Save for when we knock off an unbeaten or one-loss team. Stay in the gym and holler and sing the fight song from the side of the court, but show AZ that they aren't anything special when they come to our court. Don't give them that recognition or satisfaction of being a 'better' team that we happen to have played above ourselves against, and beat the odds. That's not the case tonight.

I'm trying to see CU be a winner where this is expected. I don't want Arizona being our Kansas. And they aren't.

You don't take your basketball seriously enough.

Tad Boyle agrees with you. Just said on the radio that should be the last time the court is stormed

Tad just said it, "We expect to win." Begged the students not to storm the court at home ever again. Cool.

It's a culture change, cville. Most of the fans have never seen year-to-year success on the hardwood. We're all used to the "want to win" attitude that needs to become "expect to win"; then the post-game celebrations will have the air of been-there-done-that. I have no clue how long it takes to make that transition.

The way I see it, the student haven't had a rush the court type moment since they knocked off Texas a couple years back. I agree it wasn't a big upset, and you'd like to get to the point where we are not rushing the court at all... but rather when we lose on the road, opposing fans are rushing the court.

Anyways, great win for the team. Especially great for Xavier Talton. Know a lot of people really were hard on the kid early in the year, but he's shown that he can be a very effective player for us, especially if he gets more experience. I haven't given up on Eli, but it's hard to see how they will both get decent minutes next season

The students were rushing the field in football too. It's been a bad trend.

I will say the Mayor seemed to be enjoying the crowd after the game.

What is so bad about the students celebrating a big win with the team? I don't get it.

The criticism of rushing the court is obvious. It was a team that was ranked, but just lost Sunday at home to Cal. It was a game that Colorado really wasn't huge underdogs in, either. It wasn't the case of beating an undefeated #1 or something.

Rushing the court should really be something used for rare circumstances... this probably wasn't it, but I don't see it as a program damaging move either.

Only excuse for it, could be how the previous game ended and how almost all of Zona's fans seem to think they were the clear winner.

Back