What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Buffaloes vs Arizona Basketball game thread

So glad Tad said that. He gets it. Otherwise, we're nothing but forever a low-tier program praying for miracle upsets.

It's about a culture change and expecting to win.
Exactly. Personally, I could care less what the fans want to do. But I think Tad wants the team to understand that they are expected to win, no matter who they're playing. It isn't a Cinderella story anymore. It isn't David beating Goliath. It is a top quality basketball team winning because they should win. I really think that's the message Tad is trying to send to the team, and he's trying to get the fans to stop mixing the message.

Not losing sleep over it either and roland just said it well, rushing the court should be a rare circumstance. I do understand why they did it and like I said they will get used to winning with Tad at the Helm and this will stop. The 'Culture Change" is in progress as we speak.

Mayor had a big game, Dre dominated at times on the glass and on defense.

Most significant in this win though is that a lot of the young guys are maturing quickly. Scott didn't score a lot but looked more mature out there, XJ did score and also impacted the game when he wasn't scoring. Talton played some tough D and contributed solidly on offense. None of these guys looked or played like freshman or like they looked early in the year.

Our success isn't going to be temporary as long as Tad continues to work his plan.

Revenge game against a top ten ranked conference rival that for all intents and purposes guarantees a tournament bid. No, don't rush that. There's a winning culture, right, but there's still an underlying CU culture. Those retractable field goal posts in folsom weren't put in during the Hawkins-Embree years.

Revenge game against a top ten ranked conference rival that for all intents and purposes guarantees a tournament bid. No, don't rush that. There's a winning culture, right, but there's still an underlying CU culture. Those retractable field goal posts in folsom weren't put in during the Hawkins-Embree years.

I definitely remember rushing the field after beating an 0-3 Georgia team a couple years ago.

Oh no! Students having fun! What are we going to do?!?!

What the hell is wrong with you guys? These students have put up with one of the worst stretches in history and now we've beat a top 20 team and a top 10 team in basketball. It's pretty unprecedented. I say go for it, Buff students! Some of my best memories at CU are me behaving ridiculously following sporting events. **** the curmudgeons!

I understand the whole not rushing the court thing. You shouldnt do it unless you beat a top 5 team no one expects you to beat, etc. Sure, we owed them one from the screw job we got 6 wks ago, but I'm falling with tad on this one - they shouldnt have rushed the court. I was at the CU-WYO game and it was pathetic when the wyoming fans rushed the court. They seem to do it all the time. Not used to winning bball games (mens anyway) and it just screams "fluke" which this is most certainly not.

I wouldnt say that this is unprecedented for current student either. I went from 03-07 and believe me, there were not very many big wins for the program during that time. I think there was home upsets of KU and UT in 05-06, but other than that, it was rough being a mbb fan during that time. These students have seen a team go to the dance (they went the year before I got there) and that team even won a game. Most have seen burks abuse UT from the come-from-behind win in '11. We made the tournament for the first time in like 8 years, and won a game for the first time in like 13, and you're calling it "one of the worst stretches in history" - I'm sorry, but I disagree.

Great effort tonight to be sure, but rushing the court makes us look like a fluke - not what we want to present to the selection comm.

Hey assholes, can't we all celebrate a huge win together regardless of how we feel about storming the court? If I were 20 I would have stormed but I'm a refined 35 year old who finds it highly irritating....because I'm in ****ing Iowa and not a part of it!!!! Lighten up old timers, we are not BBall blue bloods and as such we can act like the misfits of the Pac12 that nobody likes.

Hey assholes, can't we all celebrate a huge win together regardless of how we feel about storming the court? If I were 20 I would have stormed but I'm a refined 35 year old who finds it highly irritating....because I'm in ****ing Iowa and not a part of it!!!! Lighten up old timers, we are not BBall blue bloods and as such we can act like the misfits of the Pac12 that nobody likes.

we are not misfits - dont forget this ****ing title goes through boulder, and we didnt get bounced out of the big dance last year in a play in game. We took the title last year when it mattered and are still not giving ourselves respect for it.

Um...Tad Muther ****ing Boyle needs to be paid. We can not lose this coach. Back up the Brinks

:yeahthat:

And no, we can't all celebrate together. Court rushing is the most important issue of our time. Probably the most important, most divisive issue this country has seen since the Civil War.

we are not misfits - dont forget this ****ing title goes through boulder, and we didnt get bounced out of the big dance last year in a play in game. We took the title last year when it mattered and are still not giving ourselves respect for it.

We are in the eyes of the rest of the conference. Nobody acknowledges us as Pac12 champs, they are think it was a fluke(pun intended). I embrace the misfit roll, we wear black, we took the conference crown now what are you going to do about? I agree, come and try and get it. Buffs are warming up...

Nice game overall. Love what XJ brings to the table, does a little bit of everything.

And Dinwiddie can be flat out dominant when he wants to be.

At least the students rushed against a good team. Yeah, I think it was unnecessary, but I was there when they rushed against TT in Hawk's first year in football. That was just flat out embarrassing. I think we also rushed a game against a crappy ISU or KSU as well. Against the #9 team in the country is fine. Now don't do it anymore, Tad said so!

Best game since beating Texas a few years ago. Couple of things I noticed:

XJ has found his confidence. Having another scoring option is huge.
Talton is playing amazing. When he gives quality minutes on both ends of the floor it let's our starters play a bit harder.
The refs again are terrible. **** them die of aids. Everytime we would pull away a bunch of bull**** fouls were called.

And last Sean Miller will never make Arizona winners. Instead of practicing good defense they practice acting. Off every screen they would throw their bodies back trying to get a call. They flop all over the court instead of being tough and athletic like they should be. Hill you are awesome to watch, so smooth and under control. Johnson you are a great defender and play the right way. Lyons, Chol and the rest of the team is soft and a bunch of pussies.

What impressed me was that everytime 'zona made a run, we answered. I liked that. I also like seeing guys like Staltzer step up. Great win.

From watching on the TV here in Cali, the fans looked awesome. Wish I could have been there.

Announcers on tv, after the end of the game, made some comment about having talked with Boyle about changes to come at Coors. Anyone know whats up with that?

Back